• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    How do you evolve Budew? According to serebii in the little image about evolution it has a sun and a heart. I figured walk in the park would help get him happy, but it wouldnt let me walk him. So what is another way to make him happy to evolve him?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    How do you evolve Budew? According to serebii in the little image about evolution it has a sun and a heart. I figured walk in the park would help get him happy, but it wouldnt let me walk him. So what is another way to make him happy to evolve him?

Use berries, continue to battle with him, give it massages in veilstone city and what GengarMaster said as well

:t354:TG

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Give it a Soothe Bell. Walk around, battle. It'll evolve ONLY in the day.

Use berries, continue to battle with him, give it massages in veilstone city and what GengarMaster said as well

:t354:TG

In addition to this, if you have beaten the Elite Four and have got 10 ribbons total in your team party [it does not have to be 10 ribbons on only one pokémon], you can go to the Resort Area and go to the huge building. There you can give your pokémon massages that build their love for you by a lot.
    As for berries TG has said you can use, the best ones to raise friendship, is the EV reducing berries. However as the description says, it will lower your EV's in one stat that, that berry lists.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
    In addition to all that was said, make sure the Budew is at the front of the party, and give it vitamins, like Carbos or Zinc. And check route 213 for Dr. Footsteps, as he will give you a ribbon if your pokemon is at max happiness (just in case you want to check to make sure)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Aight well I have just started so I haven't beat the elite four yet, I don't want to lower his ev, so I got soothe bell on him and i've been battling. He has gained like 3 levels with the bell on him and hasn't evolved. Is there a set number of steps before they get happy or what? Isn't there a poketech app to tell if they are happy or not? If so bout when can I get it. I'm on 3rd gym now

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Just as groudonlover said, there is a Poketch app to check happiness. You can get it from a woman in Eterna City's PokeCenter.

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
    I just saw someone saying "I didn't get Member's Card, can someone mix records?" in another thread. I didn't know you could share event items like that. So if I have Member's Card and my friend doesn't, we just have to mix recordsand she has it in her bag? And if the Member's Card is from Platinum only event, can you trasfer it to Diamond or Pearl with this method?

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
    I have not observed this carefully but does using a pokemon to battle equipped with exp.share double the exp the pokemon gets per battle? I believe it does but i am not sure.

Years
    Hey any good ideas for a good team?

i ve already got like 5 teams with good strategy but i just want to now what youre sugestions are so i can make a new one:)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    Is this a Good Darkrai?

ok so i just started playing again and realised i hadnt caught darkrai from the event. and that i still had he member pass :D

id just like to know how this one is, because i think its pretty good.
    CAREFUL
    hp/atk/def/spA/spD/spd
    137/102/109/167/110/130-STATS
    14/14/28/24/30/30-IVs

Enviable or Scrub?

If its bad, what sort of stats/IVs am i looking to get?

id kinda like a quick response too, so i can get a better one if its bad. Thanks :)

DeeJayFusion

My ROFLcopter goes Soi
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    It's actually pretty good.
    Just train EV train him for special attack and you'll be good.

Years
    good speed,decent special attack.

but a horrible nature.

careful takes away special attack.

id try for a timid or modest personally

but if the drop in special attack is fine with you,old chateau is the best spot for special attack ev training.gastly gives 1 special attack ev per battle and all youll find is gastlys

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    wow :) that was my secnd one. The first had All ivs below 20 :(

what kind of places are good SpA training?

Old Chateau , you will always meet Gastly there , which gives 1 SpA EV when you beat it .

but the worst thing like someone mentioned is the nature , Careful is a nature that + SpD , -SpA . which wont have a High SpA after you EV Train it

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
    hmm yeah gastlys are good,

and the SpA drop. I dont mind it too much as 167 is FAR FAR higher than most of the others i caught on my diamond.

plus the Spd is good incase hypnosis misses xD

Back