• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
  • Only males pass down egg moves, while the offspring is determined by the species of the mother. You'd end up with Slowbro, not Munchlax, and they wouldn't have any egg moves (unless the Snorlax knows some).

Smogon's dictionary explains what sweepers are, but as for EV training, it's kinda hard to simplify. There's tons of guides out there, you just need to find the right one.

Years
  • I don't think there are any...? I know in DPPt you can only obtain the Old Amber after the National 'dex, so there's a chance you can only revive it after you upgrade your Pokédex.

Like I said: an Old Amber, traded from SoulSilver.

I already have the fossil, I just need to know when I can get the guy to regenerate it, as he wouldn't before, or after, I challenged Roark.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Like I said: an Old Amber, traded from SoulSilver.

I already have the fossil, I just need to know when I can get the guy to regenerate it, as he wouldn't before, or after, I challenged Roark.
    Right, I understand that. I'm saying you might have to get the National Pokedex to let him revive it.
    Yeah, i just checked, since Aerodactyl isn't in the Sinnoh Pokédex, you need the National 'dex to revive the fossil.

Amilyia

.:~*Amilyia*~:.
    Years
  • Help?

I'm trying to trade between my SS and Platinum version and its not working? Anyone have any idea why? Are they not compatible enough to trade together? What i'm trying to do is trade a pokemon holding TM Flash because for some reason I lost mine on SS. I used it on a pokemon and now I can't find the pokemon that has it. :/

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I actually take that back, you don't need the National 'Dex to trade to SS.
    How exactly are you trading between the two games, and when does it say they aren't compatible?

Amilyia

.:~*Amilyia*~:.
    Years
  • It doesn't say anything. I go into the Wi-Fi. Connect. I can see both characters in both games. Just when I hit trade on both. Nothing happens.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • My bad, I mis-read what you originally wrote (eating + internet = bad).
    If you're using the WiFi club, and you see the other user already shaking (showing that they're searching for something, like a Trade), then you have to walk up to their icon and talk to them to initiate a Trade, or vice versa. It's the same in the Wireless Communications Room, except the other person's sprite will just be walking around, not stationary.
    The games are definitely compatible to Trade with one another, though, as I do it all the time between my Platinum and SS as well as with people here who have HG/SS.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Can you trade pokemon holding items online? I can't seem to get the Explosion TM in the game corner, can someone trade it to me online? I also need Earthquake, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon, and Stone Edge. I can offer: various expensive TMs such as giga impact, rare baby pokemon with good natures and egg moves (exploding gastlys, gibles with earthquake, etc), power-up items and plates, and possibly even a masterball if you give me several of the TMs I need. I also have pokemon with the pokerus that I can trade.

Also need rare candies- can trade you other items such as vitamins or cheaper TMs for those.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or if you can't trade pokemon holding items, I'm sort of new here and havent traded online before

Last edited:

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Can you trade pokemon holding items online? I can't seem to get the Explosion TM in the game corner, can someone trade it to me online? I also need Earthquake, Dragon Pulse, Flash Cannon, and Stone Edge. I can offer: various expensive TMs such as giga impact, rare baby pokemon with good natures and egg moves (exploding gastlys, gibles with earthquake, etc), power-up items and plates, and possibly even a masterball if you give me several of the TMs I need. I also have pokemon with the pokerus that I can trade.

Also need rare candies- can trade you other items such as vitamins or cheaper TMs for those.

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, or if you can't trade pokemon holding items, I'm sort of new here and havent traded online before

Trading online works just like trading in real life. All Pokemon will still be holding their items while trading, so you have nothing to worry about.

Alright, does anyone want to trade then?

Evee dude86

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Ima Evee trainer, so obviously, for my 6 Eveelutions Ima need 6 Evees, so can u get Evees from people in Platinum? Buy em like I used 2 b able 2?

Or if I gotta hatch 5-6 Evee eggs, htf do I even DO that? How long do it take?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • There's a few things you can do to get multiple Eevees, but it'll be next to impossible to get all of them before the Elite Four. You'll only get one from Bebe once you arrive in Hearthome City for the first time, and once you get that one, you can:
    - find a Ditto, which cannot be caught in the wild in Platinum. To catch one yourself you need to wait until after you get the National 'dex and wait for it to appear in the Trophy Garden, or trade with somebody here for one. Then you just breed that Ditto with the Eevee (or its evolution) to get Eevee eggs. It doesn't take that long, maybe about an hour.
    - wait until after you get the National 'dex and wait for Eevee to appear in the Trophy Garden. Then you can catch as many as you want that will be around level 16/18 instead of level 1.
    - trade with people here, assuming you have other Pokémon they want.

Evee dude86

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • There's a few things you can do to get multiple Eevees, but it'll be next to impossible to get all of them before the Elite Four. You'll only get one from Bebe once you arrive in Hearthome City for the first time, and once you get that one, you can:
    - find a Ditto, which cannot be caught in the wild in Platinum. To catch one yourself you need to wait until after you get the National 'dex and wait for it to appear in the Trophy Garden, or trade with somebody here for one. Then you just breed that Ditto with the Eevee (or its evolution) to get Eevee eggs. It doesn't take that long, maybe about an hour.
    - wait until after you get the National 'dex and wait for Eevee to appear in the Trophy Garden. Then you can catch as many as you want that will be around level 16/18 instead of level 1.
    - trade with people here, assuming you have other Pokémon they want.

Yea I dont need em ALL b4 the E4, even tho that'd b so convenient as I dont really wanna level anything else lol, but yea, u more than answered my question, THANX!

How exactly do the wifi battles work the Platinum/DS? Do I gotta 2 the Pkmn center and 2 that terminal 2 link up like I did on the former gen. games?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010
    HELP!!!

I'm breeding my male Lucario and a ditto to try get a female riolu.. I know its a one in eight chance but i've hatched around sixty eggs and all have been male!!!!! Neither of the pokes have been holding anything, what am i doing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010
    My male lucario and ditto won't have a girl after like sixty eggs!!!! What do i do?? I need a female so i can breed egg moves!! Please help..

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Lucario has an 87.5:12.5 male:female ratio, so it's going to take a while to get a female. There isn't a sure-set way on getting the gender of the hatched Pokémon, unfortunately, so you just need to keep hatching until you get one.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Hoen
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    I looked in the FAQ and didn't see an answer to my question so I'm posting it here. When I try to trade a specific pokemon on the GTS, it won't let me for some reason. I have gotten the pokemon from my friend and it IS a legendary. Can someone give me some reasons as to why this may be? (No, I get no error message forcing my game to shut down or anything)

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Is it not showing the level range of what the person is asking for? People have had issues with the Platinum GTS not showing the level range that people ask for. This video shos what I mean, since I can't really describe it well. Basically if somebody just asks for "Bidoof" but it doesn't say "lvl 10 and up" then you can't trade it even if you have a Bidoof.

Back