• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I wanna get black, and I just thought of this:

what happens if I try to trade GEN V-mons to my diamond? can you?
    No, I believe trading is one-way (like with 3rd to 4th gen games), and even if it did go both ways you would not be able to transfer gen 5 Pokemon to 4th gen games (as there is no data for them in said 4th gen games).
    Hey guys is Pikachu available pre elite 4 to catch? Since the GB days hes been a must have in my team.
    Yes - in D/P/Pt they're catchable in the trophy garden (accessible ~ halfway in terms of gyms at the latest I believe, maybe earlier).

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2010
    Hey again folks

Need help with generating IVs for a level 1 squirtle.

I have to make the pokemon from scratch, but I need as close to legit IVs for it as possible. It's just for my peace of mind though.

The pokemon doesn't have any stats yet, obviously.

I don't really get the whole IV thing so, any help would be appreciated :)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • If you engage in IV battle which is Level 100 Single, then calculating the IV's will become easier because the stats will be boosted as if it was leveled to 100.

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    How often does a wild pikachu hold a light ball because when ever i went to catch them ( looked a few hours for one ) they wont be holding a light ball.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2010
    If you engage in IV battle which is Level 100 Single, then calculating the IV's will become easier because the stats will be boosted as if it was leveled to 100.

I'm sorry, but somehow I didn't get at all what you meant. What is this IV battle you talk of, for starters?

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • An IV battle is just a regular Lv. 100 wifi battle. Your pokemon is temporarily boosted to level 100, their stats included. Those stats are what you plug into the calculator to find out their IVs....but then again, you're on an emulator, aren't you? So moot point. =/

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2010
    Yeah I am, and that wouldn't work obviously since there are no stats to boost, and IVs to "find out", even if I could do that with the emulator.

Basicly, I just need to know how many points of IVs I can place for a squirtle, and what is the logic in how they are distributed between the different stats?

Because I figure the only way is to just type in random numbers. I just don't know how many and how to distribute them.

Years
  • Hello..i breed ditto holding everstone with male elekid holding power lens....i walk around 5 min but the old man never phone me...whats wrong..?

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    No, I believe trading is one-way (like with 3rd to 4th gen games), and even if it did go both ways you would not be able to transfer gen 5 Pokemon to 4th gen games (as there is no data for them in said 4th gen games).

but wait

some people who play pokemon are harxcore gamers who want to do EVERYTHING. this includes the national pokedex.

and you can only get glaceon and leafeon in D/P/Pt

so, how would that work if it was only one way?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Are there any good places to Train a Skorupi up to level 40 in Platinum? Mine is level 34 right now

Above Solaceon town there's all those trainers and there's a breeder on the other side of the ledge, use the Vs. Seeker. She had a Happiny that gives round about 900-950 Exp, use the Exp share for 1200+ everytime, she also has an Elekid or Magby I think, along with a togepi so thats about 1900+ Exp for one battle :o

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2010
    Can I cheat for my favorite

I just got Pearl and I still have no legit shines but after my first legit can I cheat to get my favorite Pokemon and that is Flaeron. Back in the days of yellow version(I have that and blue then my brother has red the originals BTW) Flaeron was my best Pokemon with the move body slam I got him to 75 which is the highest lvl Pokemon I have on it. I just want to know if I can cheat to get a shiny one and admit I cheated.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back