• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Massages and haircuts won't help it evolve. It needs a very high beauty stat in order to evolve, so I have no idea how it evolves in HG/SS. If you have Plat, you could buy good dry poffins and feed it to Milotic. Otherwise, you'll have to make your own.

I actually read on Serebii that the massages and haircuts in HG/SS increase its Beauty stat by about 22 Points per massage/haircut. I was wondering how easy it is to make suitable Beauty enhancing Poffins vs. just getting haircuts/massages every day.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I actually read on Serebii that the massages and haircuts in HG/SS increase its Beauty stat by about 22 Points per massage/haircut. I was wondering how easy it is to make suitable Beauty enhancing Poffins vs. just getting haircuts/massages every day.

Massages take 8 days and they are reliable and Poffins could take quicker but you may mess it up. Haircuts don't do anything.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2015
    What is the quickest/best way to raise happiness. I currently have six Pokemon that need happiness for evolution, some of which will no longer gain new techniques through levelling until they evolve (so gaining further levels seems a bad idea). I have had one in my party for a week with a Soothe Bell and getting daily massages, yet the Poketch only shows one heart after all that time! There are still five more after this!

Last night, getting desperate, I tried taping down my D-Pad and leaving the DS plugged into the wall. I guess it must have come loose soon after I left it, however, as none of them seemed to have gained any happiness when I checked in the morning. I would be prepared to try this again, but would need a better solution for holding the button down.

nm legend

Years
    umm just shell bell + plus battling and after the battle heal it with a berry right away .........thats wat i do ....but even then it can take a while sometimes.......also haircuts, massages......

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    There are certain berries that raise happiness but decrease EVs there is also the massages at the ribbon syndicate with greatly increases your happiness also I Think items like protein raise happiness as well.
    There are ninjas everywhere.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    What is the quickest/best way to raise happiness. I currently have six Pokemon that need happiness for evolution, some of which will no longer gain new techniques through levelling until they evolve (so gaining further levels seems a bad idea). I have had one in my party for a week with a Soothe Bell and getting daily massages, yet the Poketch only shows one heart after all that time! There are still five more after this!

Last night, getting desperate, I tried taping down my D-Pad and leaving the DS plugged into the wall. I guess it must have come loose soon after I left it, however, as none of them seemed to have gained any happiness when I checked in the morning. I would be prepared to try this again, but would need a better solution for holding the button down.

stat reducing berries and vitamins do the trick

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2015
    Thanks, I did not know about the berries, so I looked them up. I do not have any of them yet, but they may help down the track.

Years
    I have a male feebas with adamant nature. Id like a female with bold nature. Can i breed my feebas to get that or do i need to find one in the wild? If i can breed can you tell me how, and with who? Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Silly question.
    Can you trade with yourself?

By that I mean using GTS?
    I have SS and Platinum and I want to trade between them but I only have 1 DS. Is it possible?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Go too the Eterna City base. When you walk in go to the left most top corner by the TV and the Electric computer thing click the wall facing North and it will open a Secret Room. There you can change Rotom forms at. Cresslia is not a event. You go Full Moon island from the Boat in Canalave City. Then when you see it it roams like Mesprit.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    Go too the Eterna City base. When you walk in go to the left most top corner by the TV and the Electric computer thing click the wall facing North and it will open a Secret Room. There you can change Rotom forms at. Cresslia is not a event. You go Full Moon island from the Boat in Canalave City. Then when you see it it roams like Mesprit.

the sailor only wants to to take me to iron island, is there more to it?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Go into the sailors house right next to the boat and his son will be having nightmares, that will active the Full Moon Island area, where upon seein Cresselia it leaves a Lunar Wing. Then take it back to the sailors house.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Never got this answered.

Battle Frontier Question:

I can never get a long streak at the battle Frontier. I've been thinking about creating a new team specifically designed to excel in that area, but where would I begin? I need some basic instruction in that area, can anyone help?
    No one ever answered this, so here it is again.

Chagrilled

Wonderguard
    Years
    if i chain a shiny nincada, and evolve it, will the shiny shedinja that comes with it count as a chained shiny or a random encounter shiny?

and, can RNG abuse let me catch/hatch pokemon i cant ingame normally? (like latias in diamond) i presume this one is wrong XD

Back