• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question regarding mouse input

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
  • Hi all.

Sorry for the large amount of questions.

But this one is quick. Where would I add the Mouse.update for the Mouse function listed on the tutorial of the wiki? I've done this before in a past project, but I had to wipe my computer recently after a virus attacked. I've completely forgotten where this goes. Can anyone help me?

Pokegod

Allgamesdude

Years
  • Well it wasn't one from an English Speaking Forum. Its from Whack a Hack. You know, the ROm hacking community. I wanted to find something that would have a touch screen menu. Like HGSS, but one screen. It would overlay. I know that works with the essentials mouse script. All I need to know is where would the update method be for the mouse scripts?

Allgamesdude

Years
  • No like the mouse input. See the wiki:

Mouse.update

$mouse.x = Mouse.pos_x

$mouse.y = Mouse.pos_y

Where does that go? I still can't seem to remember.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2015
    i mean wiki and wait a minutethe hards mean ♥♥♥♥ but censored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allgamesdude

Years
  • Can someone help me with the problems in this script?

Hi all.

I am working on a project in essentials, and was browsing the interwebs for a script for a Mouse based Overlay Menu. I found one on Whack a Hack's small Essentials forum. After fixing many spacing issues, I found that there was still an error that persisted. However, I have no clue what could be causing it. Could someone help me diagnose this issue?

Spoiler:

The part in bold is the area that is constantly erroring out. Can someone help?

Thanks

Pokegod7020

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2015
    I#m not shure but shouldn't look this part :
    Spoiler:

look like this :
    Spoiler:

Allgamesdude

Years
  • Wow! That seemed to fix it! Thanks LinktheHero!

Pokegod7020

PS to LinktheHero, this is the script we were discussing in the "Quick Question regarding Mouse Input" thread in the Essentials Subforum.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Oh ok. So yeah. Where does that go?
    This

Mouse.update

$mouse.x = Mouse.pos_x

$mouse.y = Mouse.pos_y

Seriously, just use my stuff. I think it's explained well, and it's fairly easy to use. It doesn't interfere with any scripts, and comes with a bunch of utilities alreadyy added onto it.

Back