• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
    I want to edit the script of oak giving pokemon in fire red. So,using pksv, I decomplile the script.Now, that script is very very large and I have no idea what to do next...should I edit the strings that are at the end of script?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I want to edit the script of oak giving pokemon in fire red. So,using pksv, I decomplile the script.Now, that script is very very large and I have no idea what to do next...should I edit the strings that are at the end of script?

I explained the script's variables in this post, just repoint the text strings at the end with the right pokemon names and put in the numbers. (I decompiled with XSE though.)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8981263&postcount=1912

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Thanks!!
    Also, I wanted to ask that how can I set warp on a particular object like signpost.
    You'd need to write a new script utilising the 'warp' (and its parameters) command. Check out a scripting tutorial in the tutorials section for a more in-depth explanation! :)

Years
    I don't know what to say, I want to remove this frame around the sprite.
    I changed sprite(window type). But I could not...
    Please tell me what can I do?
    image: ttp://i.imgur.com/G5YpIbS.png

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
    You'd need to write a new script utilising the 'warp' (and its parameters) command. Check out a scripting tutorial in the tutorials section for a more in-depth explanation! :)

Ok.I have seen some warp tutorials.
    I think I wouldn't have problem for it.but the problem is each time I edit a script, I need to check each offset in a-map to know which is the new offset. Is there any way to fix this?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Ok.I have seen some warp tutorials.
    I think I wouldn't have problem for it.but the problem is each time I edit a script, I need to check each offset in a-map to know which is the new offset. Is there any way to fix this?
    I'm sorry but I don't really understand your question. :(

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    stuff

Another quick question to add on top of my last one, which I think got hidden under more questions.

My new question is:
    How can I stop the Berserk Gene from disappearing after use? It seems like a quick tweak in the right part of the code would probably solve it, but not sure
    where/how.

My other question was:
    Can I insert the unused Kimono girl (she appears on OGCSTE as NAOKO with two Skiplooms and a Vulpix). After researching her, it appears she does not exist in the game (even though her trainer data is stored in the coding).
    I would like to place her somewhere in the game. Is it possible to insert her in using Crystal Map? If so, what function, character, etc would I need to link to make her appear?

Thanks guys. I'm so close to finishing now, so just have little bits to do now before the final testing :)

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    Another quick question to add on top of my last one, which I think got hidden under more questions.

+ stuff...
    Have you tried doing what I replied to your other message? A similar thing would apply for adding a new trainer in the game. You would have to make one map have yet another event, and change the properties of that event so that it would act like a trainer who you could battle against. Then, you'll have to change the script of that trainer to make that kimono girl battle you (of which trainer data you'll have to write from scratch I believe).

What comes to changing functionality of berserk gene, it might work out if you changed the properties of that item to match one of the hold items that's not taken away after the battle ends even if they react. If that doesn't work out, you would have to recode parts of the functionality how berserk gene works in battle. This kind of stuff would require knowing how to read and write asm code. pokecrystal disassembly is a resource how the routine of functionality of berserk gene can be found though.

Doing this kind of stuff doesn't unfortunately get any easier than this. If you want to change something that cannot be done by playing around with editors, you practically have to be familiar with hex and asm editing. In case you're not yet, then you'll have to take some time learning.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2017
    Have you tried doing what I replied to your other message? A similar thing would apply for adding a new trainer in the game. You would have to make one map have yet another event, and change the properties of that event so that it would act like a trainer who you could battle against. Then, you'll have to change the script of that trainer to make that kimono girl battle you (of which trainer data you'll have to write from scratch I believe).

Ah ok. I have done what you mentioned before, however I imagined that her trainer data was actually included somewhere, since she appears in the editor with a trainer name and a selection of three pokemon. This seemed to indicate that perhaps the data I was after already existed, and it was just a matter of finding out which number to apply to the function to make that battle play out.

What comes to changing functionality of berserk gene, it might work out if you changed the properties of that item to match one of the hold items that's not taken away after the battle ends even if they react. If that doesn't work out, you would have to recode parts of the functionality how berserk gene works in battle. This kind of stuff would require knowing how to read and write asm code. pokecrystal disassembly is a resource how the routine of functionality of berserk gene can be found though.

Hmm, sounds a bit trickier than the stuff I've done. I have done a small amount of hex editing outside of the tools I have, but I've thankfully not needed to do a lot. And it seemed to have worked without breaking the game (at least, based on my testing so far). I've not needed to use the dis-assembly and I hope I can find (or hire the services of :p ) someone to do the few sprite changes I need to do, which would require more advanced knowledge / ability than I presently have.

It may just be simpler to make it available in larger quantities in one of the dept stores. It has a low sell price, indicating that the price to buy would also be pretty cheap. It would have just been nicer if there was a quick edit that could be done to avoid having to re-equip the gene every time you use it for a battle.

Never mind. Thanks.

Etherion

Help! these errors keep showing up in AM

Tapan681

RiverDream
    Years
    I added new events(person) and I gave them the script offsets but they are not working. I stand aside them,pressed A button, I only hear the sound that plays when u try to talk with someone,but the scripts arenot working. I tried it on inbuilt game spirit,but they are working fine. help

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
    Ah ok. I have done what you mentioned before, however I imagined that her trainer data was actually included somewhere, since she appears in the editor with a trainer name and a selection of three pokemon. This seemed to indicate that perhaps the data I was after already existed, and it was just a matter of finding out which number to apply to the function to make that battle play out.
    You're apparently right. There is a trainer called NAOKO in the game that's not used and it has those two Skiplooms and Vulpix in the team. I just took a look at the disassembly and it's shown right here: https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/master/trainers/trainers.asm
    You can find two trainers with name NAOKO there.

Anyway, to make any person function like you could battle against that unused NAOKO trainer, you would have to change the script of that person, so that it would contain trainer group and trainer number of that unused NAOKO trainer.

Hmm, sounds a bit trickier than the stuff I've done. I have done a small amount of hex editing outside of the tools I have, but I've thankfully not needed to do a lot. And it seemed to have worked without breaking the game (at least, based on my testing so far). I've not needed to use the dis-assembly and I hope I can find (or hire the services of :p ) someone to do the few sprite changes I need to do, which would require more advanced knowledge / ability than I presently have.

It may just be simpler to make it available in larger quantities in one of the dept stores. It has a low sell price, indicating that the price to buy would also be pretty cheap. It would have just been nicer if there was a quick edit that could be done to avoid having to re-equip the gene every time you use it for a battle.
    You could try changing the properties of berserk gene with a hex editor based on the information that is shown here (https://github.com/pret/pokecrystal/blob/master/items/item_attributes.asm), and how Mateo's item editor shows the bytes of attributes of Berserk Gene: https://hax.iimarck.us/topic/4/

Don't use the editor to edit the Berserk Gene item itself though. If you take a look at the discussion in that thread starting at the the middle part of page 2, you'll notice that while you can use the editor for hacking gold and silver, it doesn't support editing crystal. But you can use it to find out, where the attributes of Berserk Gene are located though by using search function of a hex editor with the values the editor shows (if they're indeed shown correctly with it - I'd assume they are though).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2018
    So, I imported some sprites to my Fire Red hack, namely a new sprite for Ninetales, I imported the palette, and the normal front and back sprite look perfect, but the shiny versions look all messed up.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Hey! So I had this same problem for a while, so I checked to see what your problem was myself. I put your image though InfranView, and lo and behold, the problem is the image has too much colour depth. Here is your image after being run through InfranView.

Quick Questions & Answers

So yeah, you can see the difference on top of the building with the lines. You can either use that, or change it in some other way to decrease colour depth.

Here's some tips before you try to import a tileset.

a) Make sure you have 15 colors + transparency! Put it through InfranView to be sure.

b) Make sure in Paint XP, you are saving as a 16-bit color DIB! I was saving as a 24-bit color DIB which did that to mine, because it can't read more than 16 colours.

c) If you need more depth, you can always make another palette and use transparency to put it on top of the other (you can do this here, probably.) Note, this may cause problems if takes up a spot that is needed for something else, use mindfully.

If you have any questions, hit me up.

Okay, First off thank you so much for taking out time and trying to help me, meant a lot to me!

Now, I may try doing irfaan veiw method and then individually adding each color to a-map, but as I said I used tile helper advance :/
    The only problem I see here is I used ms Paint for win 7 but well, tile helper converts the image right?
    Over that, whenever I try to save the image as 16 color DIB In aint one of the two things occur
    a. Either the image is totally messed up and repasting the original image ( with decreased color depth ) does not work or,
    b. A-Map simply puts up the error "Invalid DIB".

Anyways, I would try doing all that again and if something comes up, I will hit you with a PM :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back