• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Sup guys.
    I'm just trying to implement the HM deletable feature in my hack.
    It's not a problem's solution actually, just a work around I need.
    How do I test stuff that is so far in the game?
    I mean, will I have to play all the way 'till S. S. Anne so I can test this HM thing?
    For some stuff, like Pokémon edits, I just put them in Route 1. Evolutions are a bit harder, but depending on the evolutions, it's quite manageable.
    But how do you guys test stuf that far in the game?
    For example, after the HM thing (I can perhaps delete a "cut tree" and get Flash earlier), I also want to change Cinnabar's map, so it contains a volcano. But Bill's script is there, the Cinnabar gym, the Pokémon Lab and Pokémon Mansion... How would you test it, not having to play all the way?

EDIT: I deleted a tree and got Flash earlier as a workaround for this particular test. Flash was not deletable, plus the Flash blue text in the party was gone.
    I don't know if I could use it, as I was not in a cave, thus I don't know if I deleted the HM badge flags right.
    I'll look into the proper thread for a solution, just emphasizing the need for a more "efficient" test here. I played all the way 'till Mt. Moon.

Last edited:
    Years
    Sup guys.
    I'm just trying to implement the HM deletable feature in my hack.
    It's not a problem's solution actually, just a work around I need.
    How do I test stuff that is so far in the game?
    I mean, will I have to play all the way 'till S. S. Anne so I can test this HM thing?
    For some stuff, like Pokémon edits, I just put them in Route 1. Evolutions are a bit harder, but depending on the evolutions, it's quite manageable.
    But how do you guys test stuf that far in the game?
    For example, after the HM thing (I can perhaps delete a "cut tree" and get Flash earlier), I also want to change Cinnabar's map, so it contains a volcano. But Bill's script is there, the Cinnabar gym, the Pokémon Lab and Pokémon Mansion... How would you test it, not having to play all the way?
    Level scripts to set the vars required in order to test out the Cinnabar thing, and alter the warps to go to the Pokémon Center in Cinnabar.
    Also, you can just script out a cut tree in the first town, and have another script that gives you the Cut HM, a Pokémon that has 4 moves already(use a higher leveled Pokémon), and a Rare Candy. You can test it by using the Cut HM on that Pokémon, giving it a Rare Candy so it levels up and learns a new move, and then seeing what happens.

As for my own question, does anyone know where the palettes are that are used in the Pokémon Icons, or how to find them?

BluRose

blu rass
    Years
    As for my own question, does anyone know where the palettes are that are used in the Pokémon Icons, or how to find them?

Those should be at 0x083D3740.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Anyone know what flag sets the Nurse Joy Script instead of the Mom script when whiting out? I used JPAN's engine btw

I believe its a level script in the Pokecenter, look for the command 'sethealingplace 0xXX'.

Years
    Does anyone now what offset or what is the script for the bicycle item. I keep getting a message saying that can't use even if I'm in the middle of a city, town, or even route. I keep getting a message from Oak saying that this isn't the time to use it.

Years
    i've already used the sethealing what bothers me is the fact that nurse joy shows the mom healing script
    Actually it should work with sethealingplace. I had a look at the instruction manual that comes with JPAN's engine, and there it said that sethealingplace 0x1 activates mom's script and sethealingplace 0x0 activates nurse Joy's script. However the latter one doesn't seem to be quite true, as it had no effect when I tested it. So I suggest using sethealingplace 0x2 to activate the nurse script.

Spoiler:
    If I understood you correctly, you want to decompile Flail? Well, I did that and here's what came out:
    Code:
    #org 0x1D757F
    remaininghptopower
    goto 0x81D6900

#org 0x1D6900
    jumpifhalfword 0x1 0x2023D4A 0x39 0x81D6926
    jumpifspecialstatusflag 0x0 0x40000 0x1 0x81D6926
    orword 0x2023DD0 0x40000
    setbyte 0x2023FD2 0x2

#org 0x1D6926
    attackcanceler
    accuracycheck 0x81D695E 0x0
    attackstring
    ppreduce
    calculatedamage
    attackanimation
    waitanimation
    missmessage
    cmd5c 0x0
    waitstate
    graphicalhpupdate 0x0
    datahpupdate 0x0
    critmessage
    waitmessage 0x40
    resultmessage
    waitmessage 0x40
    seteffectwithchancetarget
    faintpokemon 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setbyte 0x2023FD8 0x0
    cmd49 0x0 0x0
    end

#org 0x1D695E
    attackstring
    ppreduce
    pause 0x20
    missmessage
    resultmessage
    waitmessage 0x40
    goto 0x81D694E

#org 0x1D694E
    setbyte 0x2023FD8 0x0
    cmd49 0x0 0x0
    end
    Though I'm afraid I can't help you with the implementation of Gyro Ball and Electro Ball, since battle related stuff is not my field of expertise.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    Actually it should work with sethealingplace. I had a look at the instruction manual that comes with JPAN's engine, and there it said that sethealingplace 0x1 activates mom's script and sethealingplace 0x0 activates nurse Joy's script. However the latter one doesn't seem to be quite true, as it had no effect when I tested it. So I suggest using sethealingplace 0x2 to activate the nurse script.

is sethealingplace 0x2 a function in JPAN? I thought there was only two thanks im gonna try it out.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    In fire red, I want to change a map in advance map(ie. viridian forest) to disallow the use of bikes. Also I want to change another map, to allow the use of bikes(ie. Pokemon tower). What would I do to accomplish that?

Years
    Does anyone now what offset or what is the script for the bicycle item. I keep getting a message saying that can't use even if I'm in the middle of a city, town, or even route. I keep getting a message from Oak saying that this isn't the time to use it.

In fire red, I want to change a map in advance map(ie. viridian forest) to disallow the use of bikes. Also I want to change another map, to allow the use of bikes(ie. Pokemon tower). What would I do to accomplish that?

I think this post will be helpful to you. :)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7209316&postcount=251

Years
    Anyone know what flag sets the Nurse Joy Script instead of the Mom script when whiting out? I used JPAN's engine btw

Try using:

sethealingplace 0x
    setvar 0x405A 0xMMBB(Map # then Bank # in hex)
    setvar 0x405B 0x(X value)
    setvar 0x405C 0x(Y value)

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
    Try using:

sethealingplace 0x
    setvar 0x405A 0xMMBB(Map # then Bank # in hex)
    setvar 0x405B 0x(X value)
    setvar 0x405C 0x(Y value)

the problem is when I use it the Mom Healing script shows up instead of the Nurse Joy healing script but I've kinda found a way around it.. Thanks anyways :D

Years
    I've noticed that XSE has a "Script Templates" option under tools. Does anybody have more information on those? Google hasn't helped at all... Any info is appreciated!

Years
    I tried this and it didn't work.
    Are you sure you edited the right byte? I just double-checked it and it worked just as it should. If you don't mind, you could copy the entire string of bytes from the map header and post it here, so I can have a look at it.

the problem is when I use it the Mom Healing script shows up instead of the Nurse Joy healing script but I've kinda found a way around it.. Thanks anyways :D
    Sorry for bringing this up again, but I'm a little curious here. :P So did sethealingplace 0x2 really not activate the nurse script? If so, that would be quite odd indeed, because for me it did. But nevermind, since you found another solution!

Years
    Are you sure you edited the right byte? I just double-checked it and it worked just as it should. If you don't mind, you could copy the entire string of bytes from the map header and post it here, so I can have a look at it.

Sorry. I forgot to edit my post. It did work and thank you.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Does anyone know of a way to keep the Player from stopping an evolution? Idc if its a routine that needs to be called within the evolution method, that would be fine.

Years
    Does anyone know of a way to keep the Player from stopping an evolution? Idc if its a routine that needs to be called within the evolution method, that would be fine.

Just reforcing, something similar to the Evolutinary Stones evolution method. No matter if you press or hold the B button, the evolution cannot be cancelled.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back