• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Advance map. I'm gonna go check if it's only the maps I've modified or just all the maps in general.

Edit: it's happening with every map.

Well what map name byte thing are you using? cause afaik only show city names (0D) and do not show(00) are the only ones that work for me, and then it will base the map title image off of the map name. Cause I know show city names is the only one I have used and it will still show different map images.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Advance map. I'm gonna go check if it's only the maps I've modified or just all the maps in general.

Edit: it's happening with every map.

If Emerald's coding of that is anything like FireRed, I can tell you that the name is read from a table via formula. So if you move the table about or change pointer to it, or perhaps overwrite it, it probably won't show up. I remember seeing a check which decides whether or not to show the plate as well. I can't recall 100% where that was or what that was, I just vaguely remember it when I was working on swarming Pokemon. Uhh, for your case I'd just make sure all the tables are where they're supposed to be, and then try and find out what that condition was. Alternatively, if you're up for some debugging, my ASM tutorial would explain how you can find the routine which deals with this and get to the source of your problem.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    How do you change the name of stats? Things like HP, ATTACK, DEFENSE etc

For emerald btw

ty

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    For some reason, when I create a new map and insert it into my game, my player won't warp to the new map. Some help will be greatly appreciated.

Can you elaborate? Have you tried just walking into the map? Remember warp tiles require special behavior byted tiles to be underneath them.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Well, it's at the beginning of Pokemon Emerald, after you get out of the truck. It teleports me to Littleroot, not my new map.

Yeah, you need to edit where it teleports you to after the truck animation thing. There's a tool to do that, but I forget what it's called (Intro editor maybe?).

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    View attachment 74370

View attachment 74371

View attachment 74372

View attachment 74373

View attachment 74374

hey guys i am starting a new hack and i ham having trouble with movement permissions and layering. Ill attach some pics below. i am new and looking for help so any help is appriciated! also i would like to know how to save my game on visual boy advance and be able to test out a map change without having to start over the game becasue right now if i make changes to the rom it isn't changed in the emulator. i have to start a new game to see changes.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    View attachment 74370

View attachment 74371

View attachment 74372

View attachment 74373

View attachment 74374

hey guys i am starting a new hack and i ham having trouble with movement permissions and layering. Ill attach some pics below. i am new and looking for help so any help is appriciated! also i would like to know how to save my game on visual boy advance and be able to test out a map change without having to start over the game becasue right now if i make changes to the rom it isn't changed in the emulator. i have to start a new game to see changes.

Open your ROM in advance map, then go to tile behaviors. One of the behaviors is "Tile covered by Hero" use that one (sorry I don't remember which one exactly and don't really have A-map to check :P ).

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    where is "tile behaviors" i can't seems to find it

Open your ROM in advance map, then go to tile behaviors. One of the behaviors is "Tile covered by Hero" use that one (sorry I don't remember which one exactly and don't really have A-map to check :P ).

where is tile behaviors at i cant seem to find it?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    where is "tile behaviors" i can't seems to find it

where is tile behaviors at i cant seem to find it?

Quick Questions & Answers

Take a look at the picture. That's where you find it, in the block editor.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2016
    awesome thanks! do you know how to make my changes to the rom effect my save file so i don't have to start over everytime i want to test it?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
    Any one know where the offsets are located that determine where your player goes after you beat the game and use the special 0x110 command?

FR btw

Bumping my question since it is of up most importance to me.:P
    and its been 2 days since first asked

Years
    Hey, this might be a noob question but i'm trying to update the sprites in FR with 64x64 DS Style ones and I can't figure out how to make it so I can change all the forms of Deoxys and Castform without the other frames going blank. How do I change all of their forms/all forms in general?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2015
    While I probably won't go about doing this, I would like to see someone try to address it. The 4 move limit for Pokemon has been present since the first 2 games, and I am unaware if it has been addressed officially, if not here are some suggestions for some of you to try and share with us. Extend the limit to five or six moves, set up so you can cycle through alternate move lists and dump new moves into the alternate move lists (if you decide to go this route you'll also have find a way to flip through the move lists for each Pokemon outside of combat situations, cycling through move lists in combat while cool might be a little not be good idea if you're concerned with balance issues). If your wondering where the question is in all this, here it is, Why hasn't anyone attempted either of these suggestions?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Does anyone have any theoretical (or actual, working) means to boost a moves power rating in game. Something along the lines of getting x-badge/pointinstory which boosts x-moves power by 10? I shamelessly tried writebytetooffset, which it didn't seem to like.

Is ASM the answer or are there other means?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2023
    hello , can someone explain what ini means
    and how you change ini or edit the ini on G3HS

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back