• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
If you have encountered thundurus many times before and have weakened it gradually over many encounters, will a quick ball work once it has red health and is paralysed? Does the game regard it as the first turn of the battle, or does it 'remember' turns from the previous times it's encountered? Because even at red health and paralysis, thundurus is escaping from every quick ball I throw at it without the ball even bouncing once.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Totally not worth the change. T_T

Anyway, my questions are:

1. If your Pokemon has collected a Shiny Leaf and/or Leaf Crown from Generation 4, does it transfer to Generation 5's summary screen?

2. Are the Shiny Leaves/Leaf Crown(s) from HGSS available in BW routes or anything like before in Johto?

Thanks in advance for the help.

From what I've read, they don't transfer over, because that mechanic isn't in B/W at all.

Edit:

If you have encountered thundurus many times before and have weakened it gradually over many encounters, will a quick ball work once it has red health and is paralysed? Does the game regard it as the first turn of the battle, or does it 'remember' turns from the previous times it's encountered? Because even at red health and paralysis, thundurus is escaping from every quick ball I throw at it without the ball even bouncing once.

It should work. Thundurus has a Capture Rate of 3. If you take an about average HP amount as a guess (150), with sleep or freeze and using a Quick Ball at 1 HP, you still have a less than 20% chance of catching it.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

Thundurus, like many other legends have a measly capture rate of 3. Meaning even with 1 health and a status problem, your not gonna have an instant capture, I'd go for something like Ultra Balls, or even just get a Mean Look Pokemon into the battle, then you can through all you like.

Totally not worth the change. T_T

Anyway, my questions are:

1. If your Pokemon has collected a Shiny Leaf and/or Leaf Crown from Generation 4, does it transfer to Generation 5's summary screen?

2. Are the Shiny Leaves/Leaf Crown(s) from HGSS available in BW routes or anything like before in Johto?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Yes they'll transfer over.

No you can't find them in BW.

I know it sucks D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Thundurus, like many other legends have a measly capture rate of 3. Meaning even with 1 health and a status problem, your not gonna have an instant capture, I'd go for something like Ultra Balls, or even just get a Mean Look Pokemon into the battle, then you can through all you like.

Ultra Ball is less effective than a Quick Ball on the first turn, and IIRC are also more expensive.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Ultra Ball is less effective than a Quick Ball on the first turn, and IIRC are also more expensive.

Quick Balls and Dusk Balls come in handy more often when hunting down legendaries, in my opinion. However of course, you'll have a higher chance of catching it with a Dusk Ball during the night. A Pokémon with the ability of Shadow Tag or a Pokémon with the move Block/Mean Look should do the trick to have it stay in battle. Then you can really use any Pokéball you choose; Quick Balls are effective on the first two turns of a battle so you could end up using the move Block or Mean Look and then throwing out a Quick Ball after that. If that doesn't work and it's during the night, go ahead and use Dusk Balls, but as long as you have a Pokémon ability or move that doesn't allow Thundurus to escape, any Pokéball can work afterward. It may take some time, however. I'd also suggest Timer Balls if the case with Dusk Balls doesn't work out and you've tried catching it during a lot of rounds within the battle.

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
My question still isn't answered. Can the event zorua and zoaroak be shiny if I soft reset for it or are they always non-shiny?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My question still isn't answered. Can the event zorua and zoaroak be shiny if I soft reset for it or are they always non-shiny?

No, you'll have to breed it for a shiny I believe.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Great, I just EV'd my Dratini in Sp.Atk for nothing then >.>

Is there any way to get Draco Meteor? And if not, what Specially-based Dragon move can Dragonite can learn.

Kalala

Gunsou
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2018
My Munchlax hatched with a potion ._.

This is WEIRD.
It hatches, Munchlax is added to pokedex...
I go to see what it's nature is before doing anything else.
It was holding a potion.
I was freaking out. FREAKING OUT :O

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
ok i made it too Nacrene city. im trying to grind some HP EV's
but Audino's r too hard to find. i found one the entire time i have been playing,
and that one i caught :)

any special place to find Audino's?
what other pokemons give HP EV's?
i wish i could swim, stunfisk gives HP i think :/

thanx <3

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
Years
Is it EVER going to be possible to get shiny reshiram/zekrom, perhaps in a third game? On Ser they have the shiny version sprites but apparently it's impossible to get a shiny version of them.. Shame since Reshiram is so pretty in it's shiny version c:

And for the Zorua/Zoroark events, I heard it was impossible to get a shiny there too, am I being misinformed oxo?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Great, I just EV'd my Dratini in Sp.Atk for nothing then >.>

Is there any way to get Draco Meteor? And if not, what Specially-based Dragon move can Dragonite can learn.

It can learn Dragonbreath (Power 60) and Dragon Pulse (Power 90) by breeding. Twister is learnable by level up but it's only power 40. Every other Dragon-type move is physical...However, Dragonite has a rather large move pool of other special types such as Ice Beam, Thunder, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, and Surf.

ok i made it too Nacrene city. im trying to grind some HP EV's
but Audino's r too hard to find. i found one the entire time i have been playing,
and that one i caught :)

any special place to find Audino's?
what other pokemons give HP EV's?
i wish i could swim, stunfisk gives HP i think :/

thanx <3

Audinos are found in any shaking grass. The best way to do it would be to find a long, shallow (two or three tiles deep) piece of grass, and run up and down just outside of it until the grass shakes.

Musharna in the Dreamyard also gives 2 HP EVs, as well as Throh on Rte 10, although I'm not sure you're there yet.

Is it EVER going to be possible to get shiny reshiram/zekrom, perhaps in a third game? On Ser they have the shiny version sprites but apparently it's impossible to get a shiny version of them.. Shame since Reshiram is so pretty in it's shiny version c:

And for the Zorua/Zoroark events, I heard it was impossible to get a shiny there too, am I being misinformed oxo?

There are rumors of being able to SR for a shiny Reshiram/Zekrom if you don't get it the first time (party and all boxes full, it appears somewhere else for you to catch later), but those haven't been confirmed yet. As far as Zorua, the original event one can't be shiny at all, but it is breedable and therefore the offspring have the chance to be shiny.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years

If I don't go wrong, you can have Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom only by having full boxes and team, but it's kinda an impossible thing, to have 24 full boxes as you're about to complete the main story.
Or you can do it, if you're crazy :D

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
If I don't go wrong, you can have Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom only by having full boxes and team, but it's kinda an impossible thing, to have 24 full boxes as you're about to complete the main story.
Or you can do it, if you're crazy :D

No you're wrong. Even the Reshiram/Zekrom at Dragonspiral Tower has the check. Also you only have to fill 8 because you can't unlock the 24 boxes until after you beat the E4.

Years
I need help :( Apologies for sounding really stupid but...

How on earth do I actually trade? I need step by step instructions, starting from someone giving you their friend code. After that I have no idea and its really frustrating because I have pokemon to trade!!!

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2012
I read somwhere that if you breed two pokemon who have diffrent OT's with the medusa method you have a higher rate of breed shinies is this true?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I need help :( Apologies for sounding really stupid but...

How on earth do I actually trade? I need step by step instructions, starting from someone giving you their friend code. After that I have no idea and its really frustrating because I have pokemon to trade!!!

1. When you get their Friend Code, go to your Pal Pad (it's in your key items), register their Friend Code, and give them yours, also found on the Pal Pad.
2. Go to a PokeCenter, second floor, person in the middle.
3. You'll enter a room with a screen on the north wall. Go to the screen and select "Trade".
4. Your friend should show up in the room, and you can talk to them or vice versa and you can trade.

I read somwhere that if you breed two pokemon who have diffrent OT's with the medusa method you have a higher rate of breed shinies is this true?

It's not just different OTs, they have to be different versions of games - i.e., a Japanese Ditto with an American Slowpoke. Also, just for future reference, it's the Masuda method, lol.

Years
After you find all the seven sages and looker tells you that someone like N and a dragon has been found far away where do you go to see N and Looker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back