• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

QuilavaKing used Yawn!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
  • Is yawning, laughing, or anything similar actually contagious for you?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Always. It is super effective against me. Laughing, yawning, etc. My Magic evasion stat is too low for that stuff. xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I find laughing pretty contagious. Even if I snicker slightly at something funny, I try to resist the urge to burst out laughing.

Years
  • Yawning is the worst. Just seeing the word is enough to make me yawn. ;____; I think I've done it like 5 times while typing up this response. Laughing, sometimes, if I think it's actually funny.

Years
    • Seen today
    Laughing is. If someone starts laughing, I'd probably start laughing too.

Sometimes coughing seems contagious. Not to me, but to people around me. Like when I'm sitting in class, someone coughs, and then someone else starts coughing and it's just like lolwhat.

Years
  • I yawned reading this thread...

It's practically impossible for me not to yawn when I see someone else yawn :( I think what bugs me more that I don't know why people can catch a yawn. I also have a bad habbit of giggling when someone else is giggling though. It's quite annoying when I don't know the people who are laughing and I have no idea what they are laughing about.

Ayselipera

Just reading or hearing the word yawn gives me that yawning sensation and then when I hear or see other people actually doing it I almost always just naturally do it after them. As for laughing I'll only laugh if I think something is funny. Unless the other person is laughing so hard that I start to laugh at them, but that only happens with a few people. Besides yawning I really can't think of anything else that is as contagious to me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Laughing is contagious, definitely. I laugh a lot haha. Crying is contagious too. I can usually hold off on crying, but if someone else does it, then I start too and I won't talk to anyone, cause then I'll start bawling. lol

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Not so much for laughing, but yawning very much. Even when my cat yawns hahah.

Years
  • Only crying, but even then not very much. When someone starts crying I tend to lock up and mentally distance myself without even thinking.

Even though I don't yawn when other people do I like to fake yawn to make other people do it. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Yeah, both laughing and yawning are contagious for me lol - it didn't even occur to me that you could yawn just by reading about yawning until I read sammi-san's post and yawned myself haha.

As for laughing, if somebody else is in uncontrollable laughter I can't stop myself. I begin to find whatever it is they're laughing at absolutely hilarious even if I didn't find it funny at first on its own merit. Then it's also compounded by the fact that I'm laughing at them laughing, and it's all a huge mess :P

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
  • Both seem to be for me at times.
    Not exactly laughing all the time, because for some reason I've been kind of a solemn person lately.
    Though yawning seems to always get me -.-

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    It's super effective on me. I always try to hide it though. Like if someone yawns, I try not to, but I can't help it when it comes to laughing. If someone else is laughing, I laugh, even if it's not funny. And then I can't stop.

Back