• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quit bugging me!

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
    Quit bugging me!

Throughout all generations, Bug types have been added to the games. But there's always a little caterpillar, worm, ladybug, centipede, whatever that is almost always available early in the game. Now, the question is this: which of these little pests and their evolutions is your favorite? Do you take a liking to Caterpie? Do you prefer Venipede? Does Wurmple tug those strings in your heart? Discuss it here!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Butterfree and Beedrill are still my favs of the early bugs :] Beedrill never was useful for me in the games (I mainly played Yellow version) but it's a cool looking pokemon that received some cool spotlight in the anime. Butterfree is super useful early in the games.

I gotta admit I like Beautifly's design more than Butterfree's, but its moveset wasn't very good.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Butterfree is great! Before I knew that Mankey and Nidoran with Double Kick was a thing in Yellow, I always used Butterfree and Confusion to deal with Brock. Wurmple is also a solid choice for me. Although Wurmple was my first shiny ever, which I got on a Japanese rom of Emerald when I was 11-ish, so I may be biased :P

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Love the Venipede line, but I'm not sure if I would classify it in the same category as Wurmple or Caterpie, I think Unova's equivalent of the early game, three stage bug is Sewaddle. But then again, Gen I had Caterpie and Weedle.

Back