• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Quite a hard elite four

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hmm... you thought Platinum's E4 was hard? It was super easy! They...
    *remembers he traded over his Lv. 100 team to wipe the floor from Diamond*
    Oh... forget it then.

In Diamond, it took me a couple of times, but after that it became easy.

xMiZx

Lazy Battler
    Years
    Yeah, the Elite 4 in Platinum was operated better compared to Diamond/Pearl imo. It would be funny to see a 3rd encounter.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I didn't find them hard at all...

I went through the entire elite 4 and the champion with only a 91 emporeon and beat it in my first one through.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    I thought they were hard, and I've played every generation except R/S/E. It took me something like six days to beat them, and my Pokémon were more than ready. Stupid critical hits were biased. D:<

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It is harder then the Diamond/Pearl Elite 4, but I don't think it was really hard. The hardest Elite 4 for me was in the Kanto with FireRed/LeafGreen.

Years
    Agreed. I had to do it twice, and I had a really good, and simple team. Staraptor and Torterra, both around levels 65.

It is harder then the Diamond/Pearl Elite 4, but I don't think it was really hard. The hardest Elite 4 for me was in the Kanto with FireRed/LeafGreen.

omg that thing was so annoying >.<

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    i still think platinum E4 is quite hard. i mean true their lvls are lower, but their pokemon have distinct and strong move sets

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    Not really difficult. I had a really hard time with Lucian's Gallade though. And I lost to Cynthia in my first attempt to fight her, because of the Garchomp who wouldn't surrender to Vaporeon's Aurora Beam. D;

Visualization

Mike★ Smiley Master
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 26, 2009
    I really had no struggle against the Elite 4...I train my Pokemon equally so I don't have a problem. If that's why you're falling back, Fly and train in Sunyshore City! Pokemon there are the Pokemon you'll get the most exp. without losing...

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Diamond E4 was pretty hard for me. I mean like when the Champions pokemon are all overleveled by ~10? How logical is that, considering that I've been grinding a lot. My pokemon were all 52-57 and I used tons of items on them, but in the end I beat the E4 on my first try.

toothfairy

Battling since Blue
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    the only really hard e4 member for me was flint (second round) but that was because i soloed with Kricketune

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Kind of...But for me...It was the Kanto Elite Four.

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    The Elite Four wasn't THAT hard. I expected it to be much more challenging. But the Champion, Cynthia, yeah she was a little tough. I mean compared to the last few Champions like Steven, Wallace and Lance. All you need is a certain type of pokemon to crush they're whole pokemon because they all have the same weaknesses. Cynthia's variety is like Gary's, but I kinda find Gary much more annoying to beat.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I thought the E4 was easy. Except in Emerald. That was hard for me.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    If you have the right Pokemon types and the right levels on those Pokemon, you'll quickly beat the Elite Four.

Back