• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S Monotype Challenge

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
Years
  • Just a mini-update...

Though the Dewford Gym was a piece of cake, the Mauville one is proving to be impossible >.<. Bite/Bullet Seed/SwiftNaturePower are proving to be very bad against Magneton... I traded over Larvitar so I can beat this gym.

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
  • If it's alright, I use emerald? I can't access R/S, can't find any roms, plus I don't really like emulators.

If I can't, I'll just have to drop out :(

AssonantalZ

wants to tell something to j00
    Years
  • Grass Monotype Challenge (Sapphire Version)

Trainer: Fenrir (#51962)
    Badges: none
    Game Time: 0:07

- Obtained Treecko and beat May
    - Received Pokédex
    - Traveled to Route 102

Current Team:
    Treecko lv06 - Pound, Leer, Absorb

Not much, I know, but I always start slowly and end quickly.
    PS - How have you all put the pokémon sprites in your posts? I've tried "Insert Image" but I think the function is broken.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Basically with
    R/S Monotype Challenge
    with the link of the image between the two brackets...

Anyway, I decided to trade myself a Meditite (can't believe I didn't realise it was part psychic for ages) so I can finally take on those annoying dark types with one of my team, and not just rely on Torchic to do so.

Dewford Gym was a cakewalk, and then I struggled a bit with Wattson before trading over my Meditite, however once I tried her Magneton fell quickly with his other pokemon.

Beat out the goons at Meteor Falls and now climbing Mt Chimney to eventually take on Flannery.

Team:-
    R/S Monotype Challenge

level 33
    Timid Nature
    -Psybeam
    -Reflect
    -Recover
    -Calm Mind

R/S Monotype Challenge

level 33
    Modest Nature
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Thunderbolt
    -Imprison

R/S Monotype Challenge

level 32
    Jolly Nature
    -Hi Jump Kick
    -Calm Mind
    -Confusion
    -Bulk Up

HM Slaves:-
    R/S Monotype Challenge

-Cut
    -Rock Smash

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • OO ill take grass, and ill be on emerald. Im most likely going to use breloom, craidily, bellossom, and maybe shiftry.

UPDATE -
    Started game, Male BRENDAN
    Talked to May
    Got Torchic
    Beat May
    Helped Wally catch Ralts
    Caught Shroomish
    Trained Shroomish on Route 102
    Caught 3 Zigzagoons (for pick-up)
    Went back to Petalburg Woods
    Helped Devon guy
    Got to Rustboro
    Beat Roxanne
    Now I am on my way to help Peeko and the Devon Guy

lvl 16 Shroomish (Female)
    Docile Nature
    Moves:
    Mega Drain
    Tackle
    Leech Seed
    Stun Spore

If it's alright, I use emerald? I can't access R/S, can't find any roms, plus I don't really like emulators.

If I can't, I'll just have to drop out :(

Grass Monotype Challenge (Sapphire Version)

Trainer: Fenrir (#51962)
    Badges: none
    Game Time: 0:07

- Obtained Treecko and beat May
    - Received Pokédex
    - Traveled to Route 102

Current Team:
    Treecko lv06 - Pound, Leer, Absorb

Not much, I know, but I always start slowly and end quickly.
    PS - How have you all put the pokémon sprites in your posts? I've tried "Insert Image" but I think the function is broken.

If this things still up for grabs ill do an ice mono type.

I only have emerald but would love to do it with normal types if at all possible

Okay you're accepted even the ones that only have Emerald, I'll make an exception.

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
  • Ahh..I already started another challenge with ground type.. Idk if I can do 2 of the same challenge because I only have 1 emerald

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    ok im gonna start tonight and im gonna say ill be at the meteor falls ok tryin for it

sorry its not happening tonight due to a certain rarity of slakoth and soo many natures that go against his needed high atk power i caught 6 slakoth but that sounds easy it took 3 HOURS ughh i was soo tired but made it through ok update

got through petal woods
    beat all on-the-road trainers
    looking for a whismur with good nature and leveling up

Pokemon Team:
    Zigzagoon Lv. 17
    Slakoth Lv. 13
    3xZigzagoon (pickups)

Last edited:

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    BIG UPDATE WHOOO HOOOO

I wiped the floor with norman using my vigoroth, zangoose, and alot of soda pop. i currently am using a marill as a HMslave (work you little rat) and am about to go to lilycove for tm blizzard to easily beat winona and praying for my focus punch on vigoroth soon. 5 Badges and soon will be 8.XP Movesets right now are alittle mixed from what i was planning on from the beggining so ill hold out on those for a while.
    (they would cause some criticism i know but its pretty easy to beat the game this way)

Linoone lv 36
    Vigoroth Lv 39
    Loudred Lv 37
    Spinda Lv 33
    Zangoose Lv 36
    (Girafarig)-wanting to get also on my way to lilycove
    Zigzagoon-pickup artist and HM slave
    Marill-HM slave

MEMO!!!! DO NOT USE NORMAL TYPE POKEMON FOR MONOTYPE CHALLENGES UNLESS YOU CAN TRADE FROM OTHER GAMES IT TAKES A LONG TIME!!!!!!

.Ozymandias

Child of Time
    Years
  • Hi again! My Ruby just got back from Nintendo, and having just checked your list, you still have no one to do Ghost! So can I switch from Normal to Ghost? Thanks in advance,

celuthea ^^

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    ok i know i am posting quite a bit but there are quite a few changes made in my pokemon so here it goes

Linoone Lv. 43
    Slaking Lv. 44
    Spinda Lv. 43
    Girafarig Lv. 39
    Loudred Lv. 46
    Zangoose Lv. 42

I am trying to train a bit more so i wont have such a problem with the elite four but i still have the twins to take on and then more training as i go through the game and should be at the e4 in a few days.

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
  • Well, actually I could do ground with emerald, the other thread isnt so popular and seems dull.

Anyway, if I can't i'll post my results XD.

Name: Brendan (lol) Rival: May

Beat May on Route 103. Went on to Rustburo, beat Roxanne with my Marshtomp (Lvl. 17 at the time) Went on to Dewford, beat Brawly pretty easily, delivered the letter and went on to Slateport.

Beat Team Aqua at the museum, gave Capt. Stern the Devon Goods.

After three tries, I beat May's Grovyle with a crit. hit tackle XD (I was lvl. 29, grovyle 20?) Went to Mauville and had a Field day with Wattson's electric type. Went and got the exp. share and got the strength HM. Caught a Numel and trained it on some surrounding trainers.

Team:
    Marshtomp Lvl. 33
    Tackle
    Take Down
    Mud Shot
    Water Gun

Numel Lvl. 22
    Growl
    Tackle
    Ember
    Magnitude

Nincada HM Slave
    Cut
    Flash

Marill HM Slave
    Rock Smash

Currently playing, so I'll be progressing and plan to at least defeat flannery tonight (YAY more field days)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Heya! Is it too late to join?

If it isn't, can I take on the Steel type? And if that's taken in an earlier post, then the Electric type?

Oh, and forgive me if this has already been answered, but since there are only as certain amount of Steel types (since you can't get Registeel or Beldum until much later), it's OK to have other types (e.g. your starter) until you get enough of your designated type, right? Or am I wrong? ><'

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    since you have to beat the e4 2 times then you can get a beldum for the second run through but you will have to get which ever you can to beat them the first time and electric is still open

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Yes, yes, I understand that.

So in total, I'll be able to get a Mawile, a Skarmory, an Aggron, a Magneton, a Metagross (but only on my second run), and a Registeel. And since I'll be using an emulator (if that's alright), I probably won't get Jirachi unless I use codes, which I won't 'cause I like beating the game without cheats. And if the legendary braille trio can't be used, then I'll probably use my starter in its place.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    go ahead and start nobody has called it off yet so i guess thats fine that you go ahead and play but thats not up to me but more the merrier right lookin forward to posts from you your team sounds interesting and cant wait

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • OK then...

Just an outline of my planned team:

Character Name: Ruby *shot*
    Pokemon~
    Mudkip-Swampert - Zuzu if male *shot again*, Zuri if female (will be my starter); gonna try and get it to be shiny, if OK O.o Though knowing my luck, it'll probably be regular color...
    Aron-Aggron - Koko if male, Kori if female
    Mawile - Kuku if male, Kuri if female
    Skarmory - Mumu if male, Muri if female
    Magnemite-Magneton - Coli (mixing up its Japanese name "Coil")
    Beldum-Metagross - Baru (the last part of Beldum's Japanese name; this will be a replacement for some other Pokemon)
    Registeel - Jiji (I probably won't use it though, even if it isn't "uber")
    Swablu-Altaria - Chichi if male, Chiru if female (because it can learn two Steel moves via TM)
    Anorith-Armaldo - Nono if male, Nori if female (it can learn Metal Claw, and plus, even if it isn't a Steel type, it looks kinda close to one)

The ones in bold are my definite team members.

Rinnosuke

-Nejibana
    Years
  • I have taken Fighting here is how far I have gotten

- Battled all possible trainers to evolve Torchic to Combusken.
    -Defeated Roxanne easily with Combusken.
    -Caught Makuhita .
    -Delivered to Steven his letter.
    - Took out Brawley with a combination of Makuhita and Combusken.

Pokemon So far

Combusken Level 24
    Male
    Naive
    Moves :
    Ember
    Double Kick
    Peck
    Sand Attack

Makuhita Level 18
    Male
    Naughty
    Moves :
    Fake Out
    Arm Thrust
    Whirl Wind
    Vital Throw

Tentacool HM Slave
    Female
    Adamant
    Moves :
    Poison Sting

Zigzagoon HM Slave
    Male
    Bold
    Moves :
    Cut
    Tackle

Abra HM Slave ( In Box)
    Moves :
    Flash
    Teleport

Planned Team:

Hairyama
    Blaziken
    Medicham
    Machamp ( I have two game systems and Emerald)
    Breloom ( later on)
    Tropuis ( Hm Slave)

Back