• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Radical red rom

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    hello:)

can you help me , please ? in my rom im never asked if i want to switch my pokemons whenever i defeat the enemy . why ? :/

thanks

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    hello:)

can you help me , please ? in my rom im never asked if i want to switch my pokemons whenever i defeat the enemy . why ? :/

thanks
    Whatever the ROM is, or even if it were a vanilla, unmodded ROM, if you aren't given the option to switch pokemon after defeating an opponent pokemon, it's because the battle style is "Set". Some ROM hackers decide to force this style of battle, seeing as it's the battle style used when playing competitively and makes battles marginally more difficult. It's usually an option you can switch in the Options menu, but if the ROM forces it to be "Set" then you won't be able to change it

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Yes, correct answer. The modder said somewhere on his page that the battle style is "set" and can't be changed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    Whatever the ROM is, or even if it were a vanilla, unmodded ROM, if you aren't given the option to switch pokemon after defeating an opponent pokemon, it's because the battle style is "Set". Some ROM hackers decide to force this style of battle, seeing as it's the battle style used when playing competitively and makes battles marginally more difficult. It's usually an option you can switch in the Options menu, but if the ROM forces it to be "Set" then you won't be able to change it

i see. how can i know it before downloading any other rom. for future reference? thanks;)

Years
    • Seen today
    @elondon

You can probably try reading the main post of the ROM hack you download. If it's not mentioned there, you'll experience it fast enough when playing the ROM hack.

This is from the main post of Radical Red:
    Battle style forced to Set

Back