• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Raikou, Entei, and Suicune: Legendary Dogs, or Cats???

Raikou, Entei, and Suicune: Legendary Dogs, or Cats???

• Dogs! Of course!

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Cats!

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • HUH??? Eh... I dunno... XD

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • *drools* Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Doy???

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    Ahh, perhaps one of the most frequently asked of any Legendary group. Are they cats or dogs???

I actually researched it today, and have found a brief interview with Nintendo with the correct answer!

But... I shall NOT give the correct answer yet! On the 26th, look for the true answer to this famous question! Go ahead and vote first, and let everyone know what you think!

Years
    I have always called them the legendary dogs, that's what they look like to me. I guess my brother agrees, he doesn't care to correct me ^^;

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Raikou, Entei and Suicune are indeed legendary dogs. Every official Pokemon site or other such informative scripture would tell you so. Although I shall admit that Suicune, in my opinion, is the only one of the three that truly resembles a dog. Entei seems more like a lion or a bear, while Raikou looks more like a tiger, what with the stripes and the fangs and such. XD

~Kelsey

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Cats I say! Raikou has always looked like a mutated sabertooth tiger to me, and Entei kind of reminds me about a lion. I don't know what feline Suicune could be, but it's got this kind of general smooth, sleekness to it that makes me think more of cats than dogs.

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    Suicune looks like a dog to me, for sure. Entei resembles a lion and Raikou a sabre-tooth tiger....yet I regard them as the Lengendary Dogs. O.o;

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Dogs, everyone says that! Suicune is my favorite and I say he is a legendary dog.

Years
    I'll go with Alter Ego but honestly, after musing a long, long time on this, I don't think it matters, they are so fantastical made, that they could mean anything you want.

Cats? Yep. Dogs? Yep. Lizards? Could be.

It's all in the viewer's persceptive. Just took me forever to realize but yeah, I'll be waiting for that official answer like the rest of you.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I agree with my brother, the legendary 'dogs' do indeed look like cats to me. Entei has always looked like a lion to me and Raikou looks kinda cat-ish... The description of a mutated sabertooth tiger pretty much matches Raikou's appearance o.O Suicune looks kinda like a dog though. Anyway... like I said before, the legendary dogs are actually cats.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I referred to them as the Legendary Lions before I ever knew that they were popularly called the Legendary Dogs; Raikou is definitely lion-like, Entei bears a resemblance to a large dog, and Suicune is somewhat panther-ish wolf-ish so it's split for me at the present time. It's too sleek to be much of either, actually. I never really agreed with them being classified in the first place; I think after GS came out people just wanted them to seem like a sequel to the Legendary Birds to they were given a similar collective moniker.

Years
    I tend to call them "dogs" just because that's the term I see used the most for them; however, I don't see all of them as dogs (my preferred term for them as a group is "beasts", actually). I can't be convinced Raikou is anything but a cat, and while Entei looks like it could be either, I tend to go with lion as well. Even Suicune, the one that's most like a canine out of the three, has a vaguely cat-like build to its body...or so I thought when I watched the fourth movie. Meh.

Bocky

<-- the best
    Years
    I say their cats. Like everyone else, Entei resembles a lion. Suicune a panther. And Raikou either a leopard or cheetah. All cats. And why would anyone call Raikou or Suicune a dog? They dont even look like it. I can understand Entei but the rest look like cats.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    In the original Japanese versio, I have researched they are cats. I don't even know why people say they are dogs. I mean Suicune is a Panther or a Cheetah. Raikoo is a cross between a Lion and a Tiger. Entei could be mistaken as a dog, but it is a Mountain Lion.

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    The Chinese translations are as follows:

Raikou: Thunder Tiger
    Entei: Blazing Lion
    Suicune: Water Wolf

2 cats and 1 dog? BEASTS sounds more like a reliable term, even though I call them the legendary dogs.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I always thought they were dogs...I never even occured to me that they could be cats O.O

So I voted for dogs >D

Back