• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rainbow Islands (PG 13)

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    ((OOC: Cailean had woken up at 5 and decided to go out.))
    Cailean was just about to go into the pokemon center when he heard a loud rp!!umbling sound, he turned around and noticed the ash cloud.
    'Holy crap!!!'
    He ran inside as fast as he could and heard nurse joy saying the volcano would erupt.
    'My god..'
    He jumped on the pc and pulled out a vibrava his mother had caught for emergencies.
    'C'mon Vibra, I didnt really want to use any pokemon from Hoenn other than Abs, but this is an emergency!'
    The pokeball fell out. Cailean picked it up and let out the vibrava.
    'Vibra! vivivivi!'
    It nuzzled against him.
    'Good to see you too!'
    Cailean noticed a boy outside of the room talking to his minun, Cailean walked over.
    'Hey, Are you going off the island?'

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Kris Kollyns - Crimson Island

The Volcanoe started to erupt and it sent Fae flying right off the island. "Fae!" I screamed as the little pokemon blew away. "Hope she'll be all right, but for now we gotta go!" I yelled as the lava started to head towards us. We took off into the sky and I pulled out a map of the region. I looked down and noticed everyone on the island boarding the ferry. "Good, doesn't look like there'll be any casualties." I said as I looked at the map. "Let's head to Golden Island." I said and Altair headed in the island's direction.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2011
    As Kasolia walked out of the Pokemon Centre, she saw a boy with a Swampert and an Elekid fighting some Ghost Type Pokemon. The boy attempted to kick the Banette, but he missed the Banette and landed on his butt.
    "Ouch!" he said.
    'I've better go help him,' Kasolia thought. She ran up to the Ghosts and used Shadow Ball on them. The super-effective attack took them down.

Mason looked around, seeing that the Banette and Gengar had disappeared. "What happened?" He then spotted the little Kirlia, and shook his head in disappointment.

"Are you serious? This little thing knocked out those ghosts in one move, and we couldn't do anything? Aww man..."

Tyrogue131

Black Belt
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2010
    (OOC: I've been sick the last two days. Sorry for not posting!)

Jasper Addison, Emerald Island

The tent and food items were packed, along with Jasper's sleeping bag and cooking utensils. His PokeBalls were on his belt. He was ready to blow this popscicle stand.

But things are never as easy as they seem when you dream them up in your head.

Jasper had finally made his way back onto the main path of Emerald Island's forest when, all of a sudden, he heard an enormous roaring sound. Curious, Jasper dropped his pack and began climbing the nearest tree. It took about ten minutes, but, upon reaching the top, he saw the most extraordinary sight of his life. The volcano on Crimson Island had erupted and was shooting ash and fire into the sky!

Struck dumb, Jasper soon remembered that there were people on that island. Clutching the tree, he pulled a PokeBall off with his other hand and released his Snorlax.

"Snore!" Snorlax said, having been interrupted from his sleep.

Jasper jumped out of the tree without bothering to reply. His descent was short; Snorlax caught him before he could hit the ground.

"Thank you, Snorlax!" Jasper told the enormous, round Pokemon.

"Snorlax!" Came the reply.

Calling back his Pokemon, Jasper ran along the path towards the dock. He had to help the citizens of Crimson Island! His feet pounded on the well-worn ground. He couldn't move fast enough!

After what seemed like ages, however, he burst from the trees and was welcomed by the sight of the Emerald Island sea-port. He sighed a great sigh of relief, which quickly became a gasp of horror. As Jasper looked around, he was immediately enraged and disappointed.

All of the boats and ferries had left! He was stuck on Emerald Island with no way to traverse the waters that seperated his home and Crimson Island. There was no way for him to help!

Nakuzami

Years
    Kris Kollyns - Crimson Island

I turned and looked back at the island. The last of the ferries was leaving. I noticed a few were carrying the island's wild pokemon. What if people were still there? What if some pokemon were left behind? The thought was nagging at me, I had to go back. "Altair, head back to Crimson Island!"

"Tar?!" Altair questioned utterly confused.

"I want to check the island! Go!" I screamed back, it was beginning to get hard to hear over the volcanoe. Altair twisted around and flew as fast as possible to Crimson Island. I jumped off of Altair and ran around the area a little, checking for people or pokemon. I saw a group of Slugma and Magcargo, but they would like these conditions. "Cinder! It's your island! Look around!" I let Cinder out of his ball and he immediately began sprinting around the island. I ran to the town and Cinder ran in the other direction. I checked every house along the way, though I just screamed into it and waited a few seconds for a reply. When I got to an equipment store, I ducked in and grabbed some heat sensing goggles. I strapped on the goggles and averted my eyes from the volcanoe. I began running into houses again, keeping my view away from the volcanoe so it didn't interfere. I checked every house except the mansion that was fairly close to the volcanoe. I ran into the doors and detected something. Something small. I pulled off the goggles and looked at the objects I was seeing, a family of Rattata and a Raticate. "Follow me!" I yelled to them. They hesitated for a second then ran next to me. "Is there anyone else in here?" I screamed at them just to be heard.

"Rat-Raticate!" The Raticate ran ahead of me and into a room. I headed in and found a little boy cowering in the corner. I ran over to him and picked him up.

"I'm here to help you!" I yelled but the boy didn't reply. He seemed too traumatized to reply. I ran out the door and jumped onto Altair. "Fly us to the harbor!" Altair immediately flew off and headed to the harbor where we waited for Cinder to return.

Cinder - Crimson Island

Kris let me out of my pokeball and told me to search. I had no arguments there, I immediately sprinted into the main nesting grounds. When I got there, no one was there. I sniffed around, I didn't smell anyone and I didn't hear anyone. I ran to the deeper parts of the area where not as many pokemon nested. No one. I ran tot he beach and made a few laps around the island. No one.

Cinder. The volcanoe.

"Wha-?!" I was startled by this voice again, but I payed no attention to that. I ran off towards the volcanoe. There was lava slowly making its way down, but even slower down the path. I ran up the path and stopped about halfway. The nest was empty except for a few empty egg shells.

"Quil?" The little squeak from behind the bush nearly stopped my heart. I ran behind the bush and saw all three Cyndaquils cowering. One looked quite like me in color, and that wasn't normal. I ran up to them and pushed two onto my back and picked up the third in my mouth. I jumped out of the bushes and sprinted down the path. Very soon I came to the bottom of the mountain and was sprinting down the main path of the humans. The harbor came into view and I could see Kris. I ran up to him and jumped onto Altair.

"Altair! Do you think you can carry us all?!" I yelled at her.

"Yeah! No problem! We're dropping the little boy and Raticate family off when we get to the ferry!" Came her reply. I turned and looked at Kris. I hadn't noticed he was holding a little human. Altair took off and we gained on the ferry pretty quickly. We landed on it and Kris jumped off.

Kris Kollyns - Crimson Ferry

I ran up to the captain of the boat. "I just helped this boy off of Crimson Island. He was in the mansion. Do you know if you're carrying his family?" I asked the captain eagerly.

"Yeah! Leave him here, i'll get his parents!" The man disappeared for about ten seconds then reappeared with the rich family from Crimson Island.

"My baby!" The woman ran up and hugged the little boy. Then she turned to me and quickly said "Thank you!" before turning back to her son. The father came up to me and handed me an item.

"That's thanks for helping my son." He whispered then walked over to the boy. I ran out of the cabin and jumped onto Altair. We burst into the sky and headed towards Golden Island.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    (OOC: Miharu and Satoshi are on Turquoise Island. And crap, my post didn't load. ;~; Oh well, I felt like changing it anyways...)

Miharu Mizushima

Miharu grimly sat on the couch, watching the news of the volcanic explosion of Crimson Island. It had already been a day since the explosion, but luckily there had been no reported deaths, human or pokemon otherwise. She turned off the news broadcast and stretch. She then started to do a series of forms (1) to blow off some steam. After finishing the last form, Miharu jumped when she heard a voice behind her.

"You do Tae Kwon Do?" asked Satoshi, who had been sitting on the stairs watching Miharu going through the forms.

"Yeah," answered Miharu. "Why, do you?"

Satoshi nodded. "Fourth degree black belt, you?"

"Same," replied Miharu. "Just to tell you, although you might not be that interested, the volcano on Crimson Island erupted yesterday, so in case you were planning to go there, I suggest you change your plans."

Satoshi frowned. "Were there any deaths?"

"None," said Miharu. "Apparently, a pokemon trainer on a Altaria flew over the island looking for anyone that was left over and he found a family of raticates and a rich family's son. The mother interviewed with the newsperson earlier today." (OOC: You're on the news Nakuzami! xP)

Satoshi nodded. "That's good. I was planning to go to Crimson Island after sight seeing in Turquoise Island for a bit, but I guess I'll have to go to Emerald Island."

"You're all by yourself right?" asked Miharu.

"I have my pokemon with me, but yeah."

"Why don't I come with you and help you tour the rest of the islands? After all, you'd probably get lost or attacked by some Team Rocket grunt..."

Satoshi hesitated slightly. "Sure, yeah, okay."

Miharu waved a hand. "I don't have to if you don't want me to."

Satoshi looked slightly more confident. "No, it's okay. You can come."

Miharu nodded. "When did you plan on leaving Turquoise Island?"

"After I see the sights."

"What kind of sights? On Turquoise Island, there's more natural sites than sites sites. Although there is an amusement park somewhere..."

"Natural, I don't really like places with a lot of people."

Miharu nodded. "Well, there are a few. Perhaps we should go tomorrow?"

"Alright, if that's okay with you." Satoshi shrugged.

Miharu waved a hand. "It's fine. Since we've planned on going to see the "sites" tomorrow, what is it that you're going to do?"

"I was going to train my pokemon a bit. They still haven't been let out of their pokeballs and I'm sure that they're mad."

Miharu grinned. "Why don't we have a battle then? Just to pass of the time."

Satoshi nodded. "Alright, but I have to warn you, I'm quite good."

Miharu shrugged. "I'm quite good as well. I have a battle place outside. There's a few rocks, a river for water pokemon, and flat surfaces with a forest next to it. It's good enough for all kinds of pokemon."

"Alright." Satoshi stood and walked downstairs. "Show the way."

Satoshi Ichihara

Satoshi had to wait a few minutes for Miharu to get ready. She apparently doesn't keep all of her pokemon with her, some of which were in the river and forest she mentioned at the battle grounds, others were kept in pokeballs in a room in the house, apparently. Satoshi didn't mind waiting, as long as he got to battle. He didn't really look, or act, like it, but he enjoyed pokemon battles as it got his mind racing. He really should have been a chess player, but chess was a little bit too boring for him.

After waiting, they were at the battle ground, fingering their pokeballs for a good starting pokemon.

"Three on three or six on six?" he asked.

"Whichever you like. And as for the judge, I'm sure that we would be able to tell if our pokemon is unable to continue."

"Six on six then and for who starts, let's do a coin toss." Satoshi fished out a coin in his pocket. "Heads or tails?"

"Tails."

Satoshi flipped the coin and it landed on tails. "You choose who goes first."

Miharu grinned. "You can go first."

"Alright." Satoshi threw out the pokeball...

(OOC: I'm going to stop here as it's almost time to go to school. x3 The random team rocket grunt(s) attack is going to come soon, so for everyone who is on Turquoise Island and wants to get attacked, they could just say so and we can have Miharu and Satoshi bump into them and the team rocket grunt(s) attack. If not, or I don't get an answer but the time I RP that, it'll just be Miharu and Satoshi getting attacked. xP)

(1) Kind of like kata for Karate, except for Tae Kwon Do. x3)

Years
    OOC: I want to get attacked by a Rocket Grunt as Ethan is heading for Turquoise Island.

Ethan Gold - Above the sea

"Well, I didn't expect the volcano to erupt as soon as we arrived." Remarked Kaiser. "Where are going now?"
    "We can go to Turquoise Island I guess." suggested Ethan. "Capone, to Turquoise Island!"
    The Honchkrow flies towards Turquoise Island.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    Fae was still deeply upset by what happened yesterday. She had washed ashore on Turquoise Island the previous day, and was still getting used to living here. She started running around the island, looking for something to do.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    ((OOC: Can my character be attacked by a Team Rocket Grunt? ))

IC:
    Now that the ghosts were gone, Kasolia decided to build a sandcastle. to pass the time. She scooped up sand, then she used Confusion-controlled Magical Leaves to carve the sand into the correct shape, then she put the sand on top of the other sand. She was putting the last scoop on when, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a little yellow shape walking along the beach. She looked at it, and she saw it was a Pichu. Kasolia ran over the the Pichu and asked it "What's your name?"

((OOC: Time for some Kasolia-Fae interaction!))

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    Fae looked up from the ground, and saw a Kirlia coming towards her. It asked her name.

"I...I'm Fae...You?" she said, sounding depressed.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
    ((OOC: Ethan! I was talking to you! Anyways, mind if I do something drastic? also, guess what I did.))

The boy flew off.
    'HEY!! oh well. I guess we'll meet again sometime...'
    Cailean Looked up at the sky, the last few people were flying off the island, Suddenly, A boy ran past him, but didnt notice him.
    Cailean pulled out a map.
    Rainbow Islands (PG 13)

'Ok, well...' He was interuppted by a loud noise.
    A white steak suddenly came out of the volcano, Its tail was red, like an oldern torch or brazier. Without even a moments notice, it Screeched in something like pain, and fell back into the volcano.
    'WHOA! what was that?'
    Dismissing it, he looked back at his map.
    'Hmmm... I guess Ill go to Turquoise Island.'
    He was about to go, when he thought of something, the supply store.
    He ran there and grabbed a pair of dual Flying and go-goggles, A bag of really expensive Pokemon translators, and cave/mountain gear. He left some money for the goggleas and mountain gera in the shopkeep's bank account, still open on the computer, and left.
    While flying, Cailean decided to try a pokemon translator.
    'Ok Absol, say something.'
    'Ab so ru so, Soru?'
    'Good, now try it again with this on.' He put the tiny translator on the Absol's neck.
    'What do you mean, Cailean?' Abs jumped.
    'WOW! this is amazing!'
    Later, Vibrava landed on the beach of the water route on Turquoise Island.
    Cailean, tired, set up a tent and slept.
    The next morning, while putting away his tent, he noticed a Pichu that had a notched ear and a Kirlia talking.
    He quickly packed away and hid behind a rock.

Last edited:
    Years
    OOC: Whoops didn't notice.

Ethan Gold - Turquoise Island.

Ethan finally lands safely on a beach of Turqoise Island. He returns his Honchkrow back into its Pokeball and places Mini back on land.
    "That was close!" exclaimed Kaiser.
    "Well, our hearts are still beating." added Ethan.
    "Sometimes I think people love to stare at a talking Pokemon." said Kaiser.
    "Well you do talk through a blessing from a dark lord." said Ethan.
    "And he gave me immortality." added the Minun.

Nakuzami

Years
    (OOC: Ethan, I do hope your characters are being sarcastic. Dark Lord? immortality? And the fact that you're mixing RP's is pretty annoying. And it's pretty close to a Gary Stu in my eyes -.-)

Kris Kollyns - Turquoise Island

I opened up the map again. "Hey, let's head to Turquoise Island instead." Altair changed course and started flying towards Turquoise Island.

~~~

When we landed in some trees I looked at the item the man had given me. It was a package. I opened it up and found some Go-Goggles, 5 Hyper Potions and a strange item. I set it aside and set out lunch for the pokemon. While Cinder was eating, he kept eyeing the strange item. I realized it was like a necklace almost and I put it on Cinder.

"It would seem you know more about this item than I do."

"Yes. Yes I would." I jumped back when I heard Cinder reply.

"Holy-Crap!" I yelled as I jumped back. "I-It's a t-translator?!"

"Exactly right human. Very good. You at least can figure that out. I guess your IQ just rose from 0 to 1." Cinder replied.

"W-Whoa..." I was trying to catch my breath while taking in the effects of this item. The three little Cyndaquil ran up to Cinder and started jumping on him.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    Satoshi Ichihara

It was a tie. The battle between Miharu and himself, it was a tie. Although, Satoshi knew how close it was for a lost for him. If it wasn't for Venusaur taking out, surprisingly, four of her pokemon including a Charizard (and that was only because the Charizard got thrown into the water), Satoshi would have lost. It was weird, because Satoshi had been in the finals for a pokemon league and while he didn't go to any of the other tournaments, he did manage to collect gym badges from other gym leaders through out the regions and defeat most of the elite four. The only people he haven't beaten were the champions.

And Miharu, Satoshi reminded himself.

What was strange is that when Satoshi asked if Miharu had traveled to other regions, Miharu shook her head and said no. However, most of the pokemon that she had owned do not appear on Turquoise Island. In fact, some of the pokemon that she owned only appear in the regions. That must have meant that she did travel to other regions. Why would she lie? Was there any reason to lie?

Before Satoshi could contemplate more, a hand with a napkin was put over his mouth and Satoshi breathed in something sickeningly sweet. Knowing that it was chloroform, Satoshi punched his soon-to-be kidnapper in the mouth before passing out.

Meanwhile, all over the island, pokemon trainers and pokemon were being kidnapped or captured by Team Rocket grunts all over the island. (1) As trainers were getting pulled away, a van was going through the streets with a loud speaker on it.

"This is Team Rocket," cried out the speaker. "We have kidnapped or taken all pokemon and pokemon trainers. We have taken over Turquoise Island. Submit to our will, or be punished."

People who heard that began to lost hope. If all pokemon trainers and pokemon are gone, who would help protect them?

Miharu Mizushima

Miharu was walking alongside the beach, finding peace looking towards the ocean. She couldn't help but grin as the battle replayed in her head. Satoshi almost lost, but from a few ingenious strategies, he managed to pull of a tie. It wasn't a complete lost, but it wasn't a complete win either. She knew she could do better though. Next time, she was going to win.

Miharu would have heard the footsteps had it been on solid ground, but the sand and the noise from the ocean drowned out the sounds of the Team Rocket grunt walking towards her with ill intentions.

She was suddenly grabbed from behind and her Tae Kwon Do instincts suddenly went into overdrive. Miharu flipped the Team Rocket grunt that had a hold of her into the sand, but before Miharu could hit a finishing blow, the Team Rocket grunt's Zubat screeched out a supersonic, making Miharu cover her ears. She managed to keep her eyes open in a force of will. The Team Rocket grunt on the sand smirked at Miharu's pain from the supersonic before standing up.

Miharu growled at the smirking Team Rocket grunt, before kicking the grunt in the stomach with a round house kick. Miharu could feel the bones breaking under her kick as the Team Rocket grunt once again fell down, though this time it was because of his fractured ribs.

Before Miharu could either attack the Zubat with one of her own pokemon, or before someone could help, another Team Rocket grunt hit her on the back of the head with a butt of a gun, causing her to go unconscious. The Team Rocket grunt snorted at his partner's pain and carried the limp Miharu away.

(1) For the people who wanted to get attacked by a team rocket grunts, here it is. xP If you don't mind, allow yourself to be kidnapped, although you don't have too. I will because it's more interesting that way. x3

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    OOC:Where can Pokemon Translators be got in this RP?
    IC:
    "Why are you upset, Fae?" Kasolia asked, before being snatched away by a Team Rocket Grunt. However, Kasolia did not know it was a Team Rocket Grunt.
    "Hey, man! Who are you? Where are you taking me?!" Kasolia angrily yelled. However, the only thing the Team Rocket Grunt could hear was "Kir! Kirlia kir! Lia Kirlia!"

Back