• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rampardos vs. Bastiodon

Which one is Don??

• Rampardos

Votes: 113 75.3%
  • Bastiodon

Votes: 37 24.7%

• Total voters

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
    Which one of the two fossilised pokemon do you prefer?

My favourite one is definately Rampardos. Fair enough, Bastiodon does have amazing defense but that doesn't make up for It's less than Mediocre attack.

On the other hand, Rampardos quickly K.O's the enemy pokemon instead of just stalling it and eventually grinding down its HP.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Personally, I prefer Bastiodon. I've used Rampardos before when borrowing my Cousins Pokemon Diamond (I've got Pearl) and it does deserve credit. It knew;

ThunderPunch,
    FirePunch,
    ZenHeadbutt and
    BulkUp,

which gave it a massively diverse moveset. Although I feel like it's missing something...
    Which is solved by Bastiodon.

Bastiodon has an amazing type advantage, having only three weakness, an immunity and an endless list of advantages. Combined with its naturaly huge defense make in an awesome Tank.

Mine knows.

Protect,
    Toxic,
    Roar,
    IronHead.

Which is a fantastic moveset... Woot...

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    Design-wise I'd say Rampardos. Any other way I'd still say Rampardos.
    The first one I got was Bastiodon, I used it for a while but I didn't like it very much and traded it for a Rampardos. It was so deadly I couldn't believe the power it had, I just went round pwning everything with it :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    Rampardos, all the way. i mean he is a t-rez. a destroyer, a legend, a true pokemon ;)

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Rampardos. I wanted to make it my team member once, but that never happened for some reason xD Probably because of it's speed..

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Tough choice. Both are good in their own way. Bastiodon owns with Metal Burst and Rampardos just owns if it gets some speed.
    So, no vote here :)

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I always liked Bastiodon; but I had a hell of a time defeating it in one of the gyms, so I'd go with Rampardos; it's movepool and capability of learning very good TMs.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Rampardos for me. He was part of my team for a while on Wi-Fi, and actually did pretty well with it's massive attack stat and it's movepool in which it could learn a lot of good moves. It's defenses aren't so great, though. That's where Bastiodon comes in. Although it's defenses are a bit better, I still liked Rampardos more because it's not too bad especially with a Swords Dance set on it.

Years
    Bastiodon has an amazing type advantage, having only three weakness, an immunity and an endless list of advantages. Combined with its naturaly huge defense make in an awesome Tank.

I disagree.
    The type is very poor for the meta game.
    x4 weakness to fighting and ground. Pretty much everyone runs a earthquake at least and most run a STAB earthquake which, in most cases, will OHKO it.

Elyssa

Trade Seeker
    Years
    • SA
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Although neither of them are on my team, I still prefer Rampardos for some reason. I think it may be the design. (:

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    I like my Ramprados but if it doesnt OHKO an opponent u can pretty much prepare to switcch to another Pokemon. Bastidon is a knockoff of the other Rock/Steel pokemon with a bit better Sp.Def. I would use it as a wall while i heal my team.

Been a while since I posted here sup pokecommunity

Back