• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ran out of roms?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
Years
  • Hey, I'm relatively inactive when it comes to making posts on Pokecommunity, but I do love playing the Pokemon ROMs! So much in fact, it seems like I can't find anymore to play. My favourites tend to be Firered based ROMs. I don't claim to be an Elitest or anything like that, I was just wondering if anyone could recommend any good Pokemon ROM's I haven't played? It would be a great help. I've wrote a list of all the ROM's I've played to the best of my ability, completed or unfinished due to some sort of bug or length of beta.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread!

Pokemon Roms I have played:
    Badge of Darkness.
    Blue Sea.
    Darkstar.
    Genesis.
    Jasper.
    Mithril.
    Mythic Legends.
    Saga.
    Shinygold.
    Thunder emblem.
    Aazure Horizons.
    Paladium.
    Ash Quest.
    Blue Moon.
    Destiny.
    Eruption.
    Identity.
    Kyanite.
    Life of Legends.
    Liquid Aqua.
    Mutant.
    Never.
    Orange.
    Prism.
    Raptor EX.
    Ruby Destiny.
    Sanctuary.
    Shining Opal.
    Sienna.
    Snakewood.
    Tempest.
    Toxic Purple.
    Waterfall.
    Marble.
    Quartz.

Thank-you!

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
    Years
  • Hey,
    No, I've never heard of that! I'm so clueless about these things.
    Mind giving me a brief description / where I could find it?
    Greatly appreciated, and thanks for answering my plea!

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2013
    You should try the Touhoumon series. :) Even if you don't know a whole lot about Touhou, it's still worth playing. All the Pokemon have been replaced by cute little chibis that blow stuff up. There are LOTS of different versions. Insane, Blue, Merry's Version, Renko's Version, Emerald, Aqua+Yui's Version, etc.

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    firstly wow

I mean wow, thats a whole lot of game play

I guess the trend of hack roms it catching up since you were able to dedicate all that time to play all those hacks

anyways on topic
    Top secret is really good though not sure if a beta was released
    since its unfinished

as for finished hacks thats a tough one
    maybe its time to move on to r/s/e style hacks

or did you ever consider making a hack yourself

with all that game time you must have tons of ideas floating around.

anyways i guess I have to thank you for the continued support you show rom hackers I hope this acts as a motivational value for all hackers to see off their hacks till the end

keep playing. :)

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
    Years
  • Firstly, apologies for posting this in the wrong thread, it wasn't intentional, I don't want to make anybodies job any harder.

Secondly, the Touhoumon series actually sounds really interesting, Telefang Denjuu managed to occupy my time for a couple of days; so I'm not abhorred by the idea of weaning myself temporarily off pokemon to try new things!

So, I'm definately going to look into that. Thank you so much for the information! :)

firstly wow

I mean wow, thats a whole lot of game play

I guess the trend of hack roms it catching up since you were able to dedicate all that time to play all those hacks

anyways on topic
    Top secret is really good though not sure if a beta was released
    since its unfinished

as for finished hacks thats a tough one
    maybe its time to move on to r/s/e style hacks

or did you ever consider making a hack yourself

with all that game time you must have tons of ideas floating around.

anyways i guess I have to thank you for the continued support you show rom hackers I hope this acts as a motivational value for all hackers to see off their hacks till the end

keep playing. :)

Sorry for the amount of time its' taken me to reply to this.
    As aforementioned, I do go through long periods of infrequency on here. That's because during my active moments on pokecommunity, I download all the pokemon ROM's that I can get a hold of. After patching them, I then retreat offline for a few weeks and dedicate myself to playing them.

I always play every ROM through to the maximum capacity I can until forced to stop, wether it be the end of the DEMO, Beta, or there are too many bugs to continue physically in the game.

Although I have toyed with the possiblity, nothing I could ever create would ever match up to the standards of the fantastic ROM's on here, which is dissauding. I am very appreciative of all the members of this website who make things other people can gain enjoyment from.

Last edited by a moderator:

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
    Years
  • you should try hacking one of those roms and make your own pokemon game

As I just said above, 'Although I have toyed with the possiblity, nothing I could ever create would ever match up to the standards of the fantastic ROM's on here, which is dissauding. I am very appreciative of all the members of this website who make things other people can gain enjoyment from'

:)

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
  • you should try hacking one of those roms and make your own pokemon game

If you mean, try hacking the hacks, most people don't look too kindly on people messing with what they've already done (especially when someone tries to then post what they've done to it) :tired:. But I suppose it couldn't hurt to put your feet in the water with other hacks as long as you don't try to upload them later.

Last edited:

Poke_M0

(Hidden)
    Years
  • How come you have missed Pokemon Light Platinum and Pokemon Flora Sky!?!?!?! Or you just forgot to put them on the list?

Nineko

Super Nerd
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2013
    I second "Touhoumon" (Touhou Ningyougeki), and I personally think it's better than the original Fire Red, part because of the touhou awesomeness but also since it didn't inherit the design flaws from the first games like the official remakes. Recommended to use the original japanese patch, since you're familiar with the original game it should be easy to handle.

If you haven't played Brown and don't mind it beng a hack of gb Pokémon Red, I can recommend that too. I think that was my greatest inspiration to start hacking the pokémon games, even if I was playing the unfinished version.

There's also a hack called Jupiter which borrows characters, music and maybe some more stuff from Golden Sun, though I haven't played it myself and I don't think it's finished.

Other than that, thanks for the list of hacks to check out! I sure do wish I had the time for all of those...

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
    Years
  • How come you have missed Pokemon Light Platinum and Pokemon Flora Sky!?!?!?! Or you just forgot to put them on the list?

To my eternal anguish; for some reason whenever I patch Flora Sky, it never works. Which is a shame because I really do want to play it, very much.

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2014
    You should try out pikachu edition, it's a hack of crystal made by miksy91, it's awesome!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Being honest, I remember going through all 50-something pages of the Progressing hacks, a year or two ago, just to download good hacks that were here a few years before I was. XD
    If you have enough time and patience, i'd recommend sifting through PH and the Hacks Showcase.

If you don't, here are some hacks I've enjoyed ;)

Pokemon White(FR)
    Pokemon Liquid Ocean(FR)
    Pokemon Shrouded Chaos(FR)

Sadly, they're all discontinued, and in beta stage. D:

BrainChord

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Have you forgotten about Liquid Crystal? I recommend that one, the next beta is coming out soon according to the maker linkandzelda...

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
    Years
  • Thanks for everyones' answers, you've all been so helpful, I didn't expect so many! I've wrote down all your suggestions and I'm going to search for them after I've replayed Pokemon Advance Adventure and Pokemon Turqoise. I really appreciate it and you've given me a lot of 'food for thought!' :) If there's anything I can do to help (I'm hopeless, so I doubt it!) to repay the favour please let me know.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • The reason b.c Flora sky wont work b.c you need to patch it on a special emerald rom. Go the the first page, i think it says. I got it, if you wnt, your email?

Also you can look around the hacks and find some :) there are many r/s/e or r/b/y or g/s/c hacks too. There are also Fan games, you can look below in the Game devolpment section.

If you dont mind, how did you enjoy The Tempest? Please leave me a message on my profile. Im a old team member and might contuinue it.

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
    Years
  • I've just sent you a private message with my email address, thank you for offering.
    Sorry for the amount of time its' taken me to reply; I've been swamped with assignments recently.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back