• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

'Random' VMs.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Completely agree with Live on that it's just a way to set a happy mood and get to know someone as well, it's a fun way of communicating! I sent some random VM's myself, sometimes didn't get replies but that's okay! I don't mind it at all. I like receiving them as well :)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • I rarely send VMs, though I do respond to random ones unless they're just super annoying and/or is a "crying out for attention" type.

Years
  • I'm too shy to send out random ones unless it's someone I really know and haven't talked to lately. :( I wish I was, I'd probably know more people if I did.

As for getting them, I love 'em! It's fun to talk and meet new people. SO BRING THEM ON. :D I almost always reply to them. It's a rare day when I can't find something to say.

Last time I got random ones was my birthday, I'd say. Well, random in the sense that I got a lot from strangers. Besides that, I can't remember. :s

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • When I was really new, I sent a ton of random VMs to people I liked being all shy and nooby, when in reality in my head I was like 'OMFG PLEASE LIKE ME I JUST WANT YOU TO LIKE ME!!!!'

These days, I rarely send random VMs unless I see posts I really like and want to tell people they were awesome. That said, I still love getting random VMs. My most recent ones were from Sydian and Hiidoran, and I enjoyed them very much indeed :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I don't send them because I never know how people would react, since some people don't like it and all, but I love love loooove getting them, especially if it's from someone I don't really talk to so it's like ~making new friends~ and stuff. :D I do reply to them too~

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    >Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?
    Not a lot, but I do it. I did it recently for a few people and I'm glad I did because now I we got to know each other.

>And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?
    First of all, it's always nice to see a VM, be it random or not, unless it's rude or straight-up insulting. After that, I got no emotion filter to pass staff members and whatnot through. Even if the content of the VM contains something specific, I wouldn't react differently depending on who sent it. The only exception would be something when the VM content had something that only applied to staff members - like 'hey watch that infraction I gave you carefully ok'.

>Who was the last person you sent a random VM to or received one from?
    You, thread starter. ;D

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I don't usually send random VMs primarily due to a lack of time. Occasionally I will send them as a way of making friends though.

Years
  • Do you send a lot of 'random' VMs? By that, I mean VMs with no real topic to start the conversation other than just for the sake of saying hi, or VMs to someone you've yet to speak with who you'd like to get to know a little bit?
    Not really, I'm much too shy to do something like that. If I was going to VM someone, I would make sure I had something interesting to say, otherwise it'd seem kind of weird me just posting "hey how are you?" on their profile out of nowhere haha

And when receiving them, how do you feel? Are you surprised, pleased, or maybe even worried by someone taking so much interest in you? If you receive a random VM from a staff member do you react differently? Do you get a lot of them?
    I love receiving VMs, though I don't think any of the ones I have received can be called "random" in the sense of what the first question outlines.. like, all the ones I've received have had at least some topic to it (usually about one of my avatars or one of my posts or something like that). That's not to say I wouldn't respond warmly to random VMs though :D I'm just too self-conscious to send people random VMs myself.

Who was the last person you sent a random VM to or received one from?
    Haven't sent a random VM out before. I vaguely remember somebody VMing me just because I was Australian and we were both online at the time, but that was well over a year ago now.

Back