• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon World] Raoga

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    Raoga
    Introduction
    Goodmorning and welcome to the Raoga region! Raoga is a peaceful region in the Pokémon World you may know from Pokémon Choice Quest, the random choice-based story in Pokémon Trivia where it took the main character almost thirty chapters to even obtain a PokéBall, or the World of PokéCommunity from which I have also recycled the CSS. The background information of the region in this thread will majorily focus on the locations visited in the story, but don't be surprised to find random lore on completely different places here as well.
    The region of Raoga
    Raoga is a peaceful monarchy governed by Queen Carmen the Third. The capital city Volmia and the towns surrounding them provide a safe and wealthy place to live, where technology has reached a decent level. From the west side, trade routes are present all to the southeast and Paloma, as well as to surrounding regions. In the northeastern part of Raoga lie two relatively rural towns, separated from the main land by swamps and mountains. Caravans to these parts exist, but are rare. Big parts of the region are uncivilized and the deep forests provide a great home to various grass and bug type Pokémon. The rivers and seas show each have their own kinds of water Pokémon. The centrally located Mt. Rokk might even have the widest range of species of the whole region, due to its massive size.
    Many of the people are Pokémon trainers, Pokémon trainer just in the simplest meaning of the word: a human who has become good friends with at least one Pokémon. Most of them just keep their Pokémon as pets or use their assistance at their work. Why would you use a pickaxe when Rhydon's Horn Drill is many times as efficient in mining? Why would you cycle to your work when Braviary can carry you? Pokéballs aren't as common as they are in other places of the Pokémon world, as it's rare for people to have befriended over three Pokémon, the phrase "Gotta catch 'em all" sounds very strange to the majority of the Raogans. Pokémon aren't standard carried around in Pokéballs, they are just seen as convenient ways to carry Pokémon along. I don't think many bosses appreciate when people bring their pet Mamoswine to the office. Shrinking it and storing it in a ball during work time helps well when you want to ride it on your way back home. Holding an unwillingly Pokémon in possession is seen as imprisoning an innocent and therefore illegal. When a Pokémon in the wild is captured in a Pokéball before befriending it (which is uncommon) the person has to do everything they can to get approved by the Pokémon as trainer. If the trainer isn't able to, law states it has to be released in the area it was captured earlier. The fact Pokémon are mainly friends or pets doesn't mean there's no battles however, on Sundays one can see people challenging each other for friendly battles everywhere in the cities. Experienced Pokémon trainers are rare, as it doesn't pay off as well as a real job does. A life as a full time Pokémon trainer is often a lonely life (but hey, you have your Pokémon), a survival in the wild.
    Every year a Pokémon tournament is held in Volmia, for which people from the entire region gather to watch or take part. The cash prizes that can be won are the main reason some people choose to devote their lives as a trainer, but rarely 'laymans' manage to grab one of the prizes instead. In order to take part in the tournament, one must have proven themselves by beating the six Grandmasters, six trainers chosen by the Tournament's organization to represent the level that's needed to join.
    Wildlife
    No region is complete without its set of Pokémon inhabiting it. Here's a list of Pokémon that are known to exist in Raoga, some of them are common and can be seen wherever you go and some are only known in mythology.

Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga
    Raoga

Lycanthropy

Years
    Geography
    Can you believe I still haven't finished my digital drawing of this?

Raoga

Raoga is an island region somewhere in the Pokémon world. The mainland is mainly covered in grassland and forests, which surround Mt. Rokk in the center. Furthermore, the terrain has some notable lakes, two deep, green forests and the Frosty Forest in the northeast, which is always covered in a thick layer of snow for unknown reasons. The civilization is centered in the west, but a few distant towns manage to cover themselves economically for the major part. Only two of the other islands are inhabited, although Zelma in the west can hardly seen as an island as it is connected to the mainland by a bridge. Paloma is has very fertile ground thanks to the volcano and the beaches attract many tourists during the summer.
    Notable locations

Coming soon.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Awesome, pokemon quest takes place in a REGION? Never knew that :p
    I like the map too! I wish I could really explore it :O

Lycanthropy

Years
    Awesome, pokemon quest takes place in a REGION? Never knew that :p
    I like the map too! I wish I could really explore it :O

Well, I figured it had to take place somewhere, so I made the whole world the story takes place. Only a few of the locations are actually visited though. Funnily enough we've been spending way to much time in the hideout of the bad guys, of which I haven't even decided the exact location. :P

It's worth to admit that this region is very peaceful, idyllic and calm. I would go there and spent my whole holidays.

So true. Would a portal exist to Raoga, I'd jump right through it. :D

HELL YES RAOGA'S BAAAACK

:DDDD

Back