• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rap/Hip Hop

5tat3

Emcee/TDA Breeder
    Years
    soulja boy is just plain garbage he cant rap all that dance rap n ish is all garbage there the reason hip-hop is dyin

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    THE DOGGFATHER is DA BOMB. My favorite songs by him are probably That's That ****, Gin and Juice, Beautiful, and Deez Hollywood nights... West Coast Represent!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    personally i think rap is kinda dumb its not even singing its just talking so i dont have a favorite singer in rap but my favorite rock band is metro station

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    let's c... Dem Franchize Boyz is good, Murphy Lee, The Game, Dr.Dre, E-40, Lupe Fiasco, Chingy, Bow Wow...

Ever since grade 3, rap has been a big part of my life. I'm a music freak, so I do know my stuff. And by the way, T-Pain isn't a rapper. He's an R&B artist.

Now that that's off my chest, let's go name droppin':

Nino Bless - His underground, grimy style had me the first time I listened to him. He's definitely my favorite rapper, and I've only known about him for about a month.

Lil' Wayne - Some people say that Lil' Wayne isn't a rapper, because he's into this new generation rap that seems to be a problem. Yeah, maybe his rhymes aren't that great sometimes, or even the messages behind them, but this is a rapper from New Orleans for crying out loud! New Orleans is known for their beats, not their flow. So name me a better rapper than Lil' Wayne from New Orleans, and I'll gladly delete this post.

Lupe Fiasco - His flow is pure intelligence. That's all I have to say.

Jay Z - Ah yes, we can't forget Jay Z. He's a legend. In my opinion, he's up with Biggie & Pac. Not as in "heaven" up, but in status.

And there's plenty more I could list, but it's 4:47 am here and I'm going to be. -_-
    Sorry if this post made no sense... I'm really tired.
    man ... ya can't go wrong with lil' wayne... can't go wrong with Big Easy..

Last edited:

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    I listen to a lot of rap, sweetie. Mostly stuff before "snap music" became popular. Back in the day when it was about gett'n money, not already having it.

Tupac
    NWA
    Big Moe
    Trae
    Pimp C.
    Everybody else from the S.U.C.
    T.I.
    Kanye West
    Eminem
    Twista
    Lil Wayne
    Fat Joe
    Paul Wall

*Goes on and on.* XD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Hip/Hop

Pfft no question

HILLTOP HOODS and

BLISS N ESO OWN ALL

Hilltop Hoods grew up in Blackwood which is where i live :D i feel so honoured. T-Pain and Kayne West r good 2 but T-Pain ownz Kayne West i hate Big Brother its heaps bad

*Edit JEREMY.....how bad is it that Tupac died he was a legend i loved him he was great

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    being from new york, i hate southern rappers. jeezy? sucks, and kills every song he's on (cant tell me nothing remix, ludacris' grew up a screw up, usher's make love in the club). he's garbage.

Lil' Wayne - Some people say that Lil' Wayne isn't a rapper, because he's into this new generation rap that seems to be a problem. Yeah, maybe his rhymes aren't that great sometimes, or even the messages behind them, but this is a rapper from New Orleans for crying out loud! New Orleans is known for their beats, not their flow. So name me a better rapper than Lil' Wayne from New Orleans, and I'll gladly delete this post.

Lupe Fiasco - His flow is pure intelligence. That's all I have to say.

Jay Z - Ah yes, we can't forget Jay Z. He's a legend. In my opinion, he's up with Biggie & Pac. Not as in "heaven" up, but in status.
    lil wayne...okay, you're trying to stand up for him by saying his area is known for beats and not rhymes, but then why is HE famous and not the producers who make his stuff? if they're known for their beats, then you could put a nine year old white girl from utah and it would be the same thing you're saying.

thing is, i hate him for the reasons you stated, and because i cant understand what the hell he's saying half the time. i saw him in a music video with llyod...his verse was dumb. for the first 8 measures he just had a dj scratch his verse and he repeated the same ish

lupe...his lyrics are tight. his flow isnt.

jay-z...he used to be stellar. not so much nowadays.

my favorite rappers though include tech n9ne, eminem, saul williams, and even shinoda. but any new york rapper is fine to me

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    lil wayne...okay, you're trying to stand up for him by saying his area is known for beats and not rhymes, but then why is HE famous and not the producers who make his stuff? if they're known for their beats, then you could put a nine year old white girl from utah and it would be the same thing you're saying.

thing is, i hate him for the reasons you stated, and because i cant understand what the hell he's saying half the time. i saw him in a music video with llyod...his verse was dumb. for the first 8 measures he just had a dj scratch his verse and he repeated the same ish

What are you talking about? First of all, the people who produce his music are famous. Scott Storch, Mannie Fresh? Don't even try to tell me they're not famous. And the reason Lil' Wayne is so famous is because he actually does have some talent. Now, before you go ranting about how he has no talent, let me define it for you:

Talent;
    "A special natural abillity or aptitude."

Lil' Wayne has talent, just not the way other rappers do. You see Lupe Fiasco ( who has an insane amount of flow, FYI ), Nas, or even Nino Bless who can spit rhyme after the other, fitting every syllable perfectly into the song. This is what Lil' Wayne can't do. "Flow" is not his thing. He specializes in "sounding good". The way he rhymes is so unique. Seriously, try putting Lupe Fiasco on the track Fire Man ( by Lil' Wayne, obviously ). It doesn't work. It simply does not work. Why? Because Lil' Wayne has what it takes to pull it off. He has that New Orleans swag that only comes off nicely over New Orleans beats. That's the reason a
    nine year old white girl from utah
    couldn't pull it off.

Lil' Wayne is simply what the people want. You or your friends may think he's horrible, but try telling that to the million or so people who purchased copies of "Tha Carter III" in the first week it was released. That's history, buddy. He set a record.
    People crave what he was gifted with; what he delivers... don't "hate" on him for that. If you were given the chance, would you not take advantage of it, too?

Lupe Fiasco has incredible flow. Do you know what flow means? 'Cause I'm beggining to doubt you have even a clue. The first few bars of Daydream - Lupe Fiasco will explain.

As for Jay-Z, I actually agree with you there. He used to be amazing, but now he's just... meh. On Mr. Carter - Lil' Wayne Feat. Jay Z*, his verse is garbage. Seriously. I chose him as one of my favorite rappers because of what he's accomplished, though.

*Lil' Wayne was actually really excited about this track. Did you know Jay Z was/is ( not sure about now ) his role model?

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    .freak said:
    What are you talking about? First of all, the people who produce his music are famous. Scott Storch, Mannie Fresh? Don't even try to tell me they're not famous. And the reason Lil' Wayne is so famous is because he actually does have some talent. Now, before you go ranting about how he has no talent, let me define it for you:

Talent;
    "A special natural abillity or aptitude."
    oh, thanks. i didnt know what the word "talent" meant. i mean, i'm only in my 3rd year at new yorks top public university, but that doesnt mean i need to know simple words, right?

and i didnt say they werent famous. i was making the point that if the city is know for their beats, why is wayne famous? he's not the one doing the beats; THEY ARE. and alright, new orleans is know for their beats. but i didnt know scotty and mannie were exclusive new orleans producers.

Lil' Wayne has talent, just not the way other rappers do. You see Lupe Fiasco ( who has an insane amount of flow, FYI ), Nas, or even Nino Bless who can spit rhyme after the other, fitting every syllable perfectly into the song. This is what Lil' Wayne can't do. "Flow" is not his thing. He specializes in "sounding good".
    he has talent in SOUNDING good? well, thats opinion, and because of that, i guess its opinion on whether he has talent or not. maybe he does, maybe he doesnt. if you didnt know, real hip hop is about flow and lyrics. the rap you hear on mtv and the radio is meant to "sound good" and not particularly BE good

Lil' Wayne is simply what the people want. You or your friends may think he's horrible, but try telling that to the million or so people who purchased copies of "Tha Carter III" in the first week it was released. That's history, buddy. He set a record.
    People crave what he was gifted with; what he delivers... don't "hate" on him for that. If you were given the chance, would you not take advantage of it, too?
    you're actually trying to impress me with numbers? what did Jay-Z say on his black album...

If skills sold, truth be told/ I'd probably be, lyrically Talib Kweli…"?

skills dont sell. hype and marketing do. plus, brainwash a bunch of people into thinking someone is good and they'd bite. if i was given the chance, i'd take it. but i wouldnt suck

plus, put together people like tech n9ne and saul williams, and combined they wouldnt have the money weezy got. does that mean he's better? nah

Lupe Fiasco has incredible flow. Do you know what flow means? 'Cause I'm beggining to doubt you have even a clue. The first few bars of Daydream - Lupe Fiasco will explain.
    i've heard better. and dont question me on whether or not i know what "flow" is. the main reason i like tech n9ne is because of his flow.

"I quit my job, I was bein robbed
    Those ****ers took my money/
    I swear to God i'll send the mob
    And i'm not being funny/"

nice flow. and i wrote that in...10 seconds?

oh, and dont get all upset if someone thinks the rappers you love are wack. there's no way, by getting in someones face, you're going to change their minds. especially mine

Last edited:

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    oh, thanks. i didnt know what the word "talent" meant. i mean, i'm only in my 3rd year at new yorks top public university, but that doesnt mean i need to know simple words, right?

Well, seeing as we have such different musical tastes, it's common sense that we'd have different opinions on the definition of talent. So, I innocently stated what I've always thought it meant. It wasn't a direct attack at you. A third year student of New Yorks top public university should've been able to figure that out. (And use a little proper punctuation, too, but that's another story).

and i didnt say they werent famous.

Actually, what you said was;
    but then why is [Lil' Wayne] famous and not the producers who make his stuff?
    Basically, what you just said was that Lil' Wayne is famous, but his producers (Scott Storch, Mannie Fresh) aren't. I'm definitely starting to doubt you're a third year university student, seeing as I have to explain the things that come out of your own mouth to you.

i was making the point that if the city is know for their beats, why is wayne famous?

And I've already answered this; because he has talent. Or did you need me to define talent for you again?

he has talent in SOUNDING good? well, thats opinion, and because of that, i guess its opinion on whether he has talent or not. maybe he does, maybe he doesnt.

Sorry, I didn't mean "he has talent in sounding good" as an opinion. I meant it as a fact. But I'll admit, I did use a bad choice of words their. He has alot a swag is what I should've said.

if you didnt know, real hip hop is about flow and lyrics. the rap you hear on mtv and the radio is meant to "sound good" and not particularly BE good

First of all, let me say that I'm ashamed to even be having a discussion with someone who'd categorize Lil' Wayne's music as "real hip hop". I know what real hip hop is, and Lil' Wayne definitely doesn't try to make "real hip hop". But that's why he's so good at what he does; because he pulls off the type of mysic he tries to create perfectly. Stop comparing him to "real hip hop". Seriously. That's like comparing your uncle to your aunt and saying, "My uncle is better at being a guy than my aunt". Why? Because your aunt is a woman, and doesn't try to be a man. Just like Lil' Wayne makes his own style of music, and doesn't try to replicate another.

you're actually trying to impress me with numbers? what did Jay-Z say on his black album...

If skills sold, truth be told/ I'd probably be, lyrically Talib Kweli…"?

skills dont sell. hype and marketing do. plus, brainwash a bunch of people into thinking someone is good and they'd bite.

So you're basically saying that everyone with high album sales suck. Honestly, why am I even talking to you right now. I mean, can you not just admit that Lil' Wayne at least did something to put him in the position that he's in now? Do you know how hard he's worked? Why don't you google him or something... read his bio. He's in the studio 24/7, bud. Signed when he was thirteen. You gotta give him something.

"I quit my job, I was bein robbed
    Those ****ers took my money/
    I swear to God i'll send the mob
    And i'm not being funny/"

nice flow. and i wrote that in...10 seconds?

Alright, first of all, that's horrible flow. You obviously have no clue what flow is, 'cause the first thing you need to have flow is a beat. Why? Well, repeat your "rhyme" again. You'll soon find out that no beat goes well with a rhyme scheme of A-A-B, C/A-C/A-B.
    You either need a 3/3 timing beat (which works for some rappers such a Joe Budden) or you'd have a fresh album sounding chopped and screwed. (a.k.a. really slow).

Second of all, that's more of a poem than a rap. You of all people should know that while it may seem otherwise, rap is much more than just poems on a beat. You seem to be a fairly educated person when it comes to hip hop; don't embarrass yourself.

oh, and dont get all upset if someone thinks the rappers you love are wack. there's no way, by getting in someones face, you're going to change their minds. especially mine

Then don't throw a hissy fit if someone loves the rappers you think are whack. Seriously, it was a bad move trying to make me look uneducated when it comes to music.

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
    so i dont like to punctuate myself when i type, especially on forums. big deal. all you do is twist what i say. what i meant was, if his beats are what makes him famous, why arent the producers the ones getting the praise and getting airtime?

First of all, let me say that I'm ashamed to even be having a discussion with someone who'd categorize Lil' Wayne's music as "real hip hop".
    i didnt catergorize him as real hip hop...because i said real hip hop has nice flow and lyrics...what he himself doesnt have.

sales....so you're telling me because fifty cents outsells common, that he's better? i'm not saying everyone with high records sales suck, because tupac and eminem and dr. dre are waaaayy up there. hell, tupac and eminem went diamond. thats insane. if i'm looking for artists to listen to, i'm not going to look at the top of the charts, because sales reflect airplay, which also, in most cases, show that the rapper/singer/band catered themselves to a specific group.

and the flow thing...3/3 timing? i'm going to count it for you

I quit my job,(1) I was bein robbed (2)
    Those ****ers took(3) my money/ (pause, then four)

I swear to God(1) i'll send the mob(2)
    And i'm not being(3) funny/ (pause, 4)

easily counted. and when over m.i.a's paper planes, it sounds just fine.

i dont understand why you said

It wasn't a direct attack at you.
    but then go on to attack me, by saying

A third year student of New Yorks top public university should've been able to figure that out. (And use a little proper punctuation, too, but that's another story).
    I'm definitely starting to doubt you're a third year university student, seeing as I have to explain the things that come out of your own mouth to you.
    funny, since again i have to explain that you read ME wrong

Alright, first of all, that's horrible flow. You obviously have no clue what flow is, 'cause the first thing you need to have flow is a beat. Why? Well, repeat your "rhyme" again. You'll soon find out that no beat goes well with a rhyme scheme of A-A-B, C/A-C/A-B.
    You either need a 3/3 timing beat (which works for some rappers such a Joe Budden) or you'd have a fresh album sounding chopped and screwed. (a.k.a. really slow). (yes, established by DJ Screw)

Second of all, that's more of a poem than a rap. You of all people should know that while it may seem otherwise, rap is much more than just poems on a beat. You seem to be a fairly educated person when it comes to hip hop; don't embarrass yourself.
    Then don't throw a hissy fit if someone loves the rappers you think are whack. Seriously, it was a bad move trying to make me look uneducated when it comes to music.
    that was your job. i just stated i didnt like wayne, and that obviously bothered you

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Ok, ok... enough of this, seriously. I like Lil' Wayne as an artist, and you don't. Whatever, I respect that. We've both raised some valid points, but in the end, we're both entitled to our own opinions.

Now, to quote Eminem;
    Eminem - Like Toy Soldiers said:
    But don't get it twisted, it's not a plea that I'm coppin'...
    You haven't convinced me that Lil' Wayne doesn't deserve to be where he's at, the same as I haven't convinced you that he does. But I don't really think it matters that much anymore, so let's just leave it at that. Cool?

By the way, notice I left out what comes after those lyrics, as not to offend. Don't think there's a hidden message in there. ;3

P.S. In your first post in this thread, when you mentioned "Let's Make Love in the Club"... the actual title is "Love in This Club". Sorry, just had to point that out. It was really bugging me.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    i hate jeezy in that song though. its such a nice song, but he kills it.

i sound like such a hater.

Actually, so do I. Jeezy is a love/hate type of thing for me. Some songs I love him, and some I don't. I Luv It was amazing (in my opinion), but I wanted to rip my ears off when I heard Diamonds on My Damn Chain (though Fab kinda killed it too... horrid song in general).

Man, have you heard of Nino Bless? (seeing as we've made this our personal discussion thread, might as well continue the discussion). xD

Back