• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rare Candy search

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 6, 2005
    i'm using 5 meowths to find rare candies, is it easier for zigzagoons or meowths to find them? and do anyone have any tips? i understand you have to battle correct?

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 6, 2005
    so then how long does it take someone to usually get 100 rare candies? Anyone have any stories? i'm traveling with 4 lv 41 meowths that i caught at island five, and its been over an over of battling wild pokemon, and i just usually get berries, haven't seen a rare candy yet...

Crazy Frogitist

Its Only a PREVIEW
    Years
    first i don't like rare candies but.. ur mewoth can pick up rare candies randomlly about 10 out of a 100 u want to get 100 rare candies use gameshark or cheating stuff or if u don't cheat show a pkm to the lady on island 5 in a house on a island (u can only do that if u save her)

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Kirk said:
    so then how long does it take someone to usually get 100 rare candies? Anyone have any stories? i'm traveling with 4 lv 41 meowths that i caught at island five, and its been over an over of battling wild pokemon, and i just usually get berries, haven't seen a rare candy yet...
    If you want the Rare Candies that bad, search for them in Emerald using a Pokemon at level 100 with the Pick-Up ability. Rare Candies are very common using a level 100 Pokemon since the rarity decreases from rare to common.

Crazy Frogitist: Whether it's a Meowth, Zigzagoon, or whatever doesn't matter. The chances remain the same. Emerald is the only version where the chances will change, and that change is based on the level of the Pokemon not the species.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    So in emerald the level is what counts for pickup? Does the area matter? also do you actually have to battle and win, or can you just run away, and still get teh item? also does the pickup pokemon have to be the one to do the KO?

Also does the species of pokemon your battling against /thier level also affect the items?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Nov 6, 2005
    i've tried the pickup thing in emerald and it works SOO much better than in FireRed, but in my experiences i have to fight and win the battle, it doesn't matter what pokemon you use to battle. I use my meowth so i can level them up and get rare candies more easily. But yeah, that's just i've been seeing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    And to answer the second question in Kabeer's post, the species and level of what you're fighting against doesn't matter.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Bah, have to train these pokemon up, iv got a question, if you have a team of say 5 linoone, and only one of them battles, do they rest pick up as well?
    Or basically if the pick up pokemon is in the team, but doesnt fight, do they still pick up?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Crazy Frogitist said:
    as i said before:show a pkm to the lady on island 5 in a house on a island (u can only do that if u save her) and u will random items like RARE CANDIE, star piece, luxury ball... stuff like that
    Pick-Up>Resort Gorgeous

And for Kabeer's question:

Kirk said:
    i've tried the pickup thing in emerald and it works SOO much better than in FireRed, but in my experiences i have to fight and win the battle, it doesn't matter what pokemon you use to battle. I use my meowth so i can level them up and get rare candies more easily. But yeah, that's just i've been seeing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The species doesn't affect the chances of finding Rare Candies. In FRLG, the chances of finding Rare Candies stay the same. In Emerald, it changes by level.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    You just have it out for me don't you?

FRLG: The Pick-Up rates are the same for all species.

Emerald: It changes by level.

If your Ziggys seem to get RCs more, then lucky you. It's all psychological. The rates are the same for all specie (FRLG) whether you want to believe it or not.

Back