• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rarest Catches Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreekoMan

Krazy Treeko Freak
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2006
    In Emerald

Groundon: Great Ball
    Kyogre: Net Ball
    Rayquaza: Dive Ball (It was all I had left)

Leaf Green

Raiko (spl?): Master Ball (I was looking for a Pidgey to give to my Emerald, when on Route 1 on the little path of tall grass out of Pallet Town, for some reason, I heard the legendary battle theme. Then, the shadow looked like Machamp or somthing. I thought "Did someone use a Game Shark on my LG?" And then I saw it.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • I caught Groudon in a nest ball on Emerald. o.o I was almost out of Pokeballs and the nest ball was the only one I had left.

Kyle

Trainer & Breeder
    Years
  • Mine would have to be a shiny ho-oh took me hours possibly a day to catch it with a poke ball :dead: After I caught it i did my "Victory dance"

Phaizar

Master Trainer
    Years
  • shiny torchic and catching shiny deoxys and jirahi with poke ball and only half hp

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hmm, Catching Lugia, I kept throwing Ultraballs at it when it had 1 life, and still didn't catch it, Then it used Recover :dead: So I gave up and used my masterball. :D And thats the story of my Lugia :)

-Pokemon Silver

dragon_master C

the master of all dragons!
    Years
  • i caught all the legendary pokemon except celibi but my dumb gssp crashed my game oh yeah,does ANYONE KNOW THE GSSP EMERALD CODE FOR SHINY POKEMON THAT WORKS!!! AND HOW IT WORKS??? AND THE CATCHING CODE? AND HOW IT WORKS( THE ONE WHERE YOU PUT A CODE AND THAT THE POKEMON YOU RUN INTO)

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Dragonair-kun

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2007
    I don't believe there is a code for Emerald unless you use a cheat device~ Next time, post it in a code thread. My rarest catches are Feebas, Chimeco and a shiny Golbat X3;

alangeds

eighthblossom
    Years
  • I didn't really catch it, but on my GBA not on comp, I have a Jirachi :D
    Latias with 1 Ultra Ball, and Today I caught a Chimecho with an Ultra Ball ;)

Last edited:

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
  • I guess mine would be my Shiny Zigzagoon, Tentacool and Gulpin, which have all evolved.. I also caught Kyogre in a Pokeball oO.. I forgot to prepare with loads of Ultra Balls and I had one Pokeball left, and it worked XD... I guess there is Chimecho too and Regice in a Netball XD

Shinro

BurningDarkness
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 22, 2006
    I should say that a shiny tarpinch was my raiest catch

Years
  • ... mine would have to be a coiendince
    i kept on resetting my game until i got a shiny charmander (emerald, edited the game)
    then i grew into black charizard, then
    in nthe rayquazza place, i saved and kept on restarting until i got rayquazza shiny, furthermore, i have the regis as shiny
    i caught deoxys with a master ball,l couldnt be bothered lvl 30 :P

Spirit's Fire

The Umbreon Master
    Years
  • I caught 5 Shinies in my Ruby version [without cheating! *le gasp*]

Zangoose, Absol, Bagon, Chimecho, and Vulpix. ^.^

All of them are on my team, I might add, so it looks awesome. Thank you, luckinesses!! *cries in happiness*

I will never lose them, since I backed up my save file on a Flash Memory card. Which means I have the same game on my emulator. *squeaks*

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • hm...my proudest catch ever um...in my yellow version I caught mewtwo

with a pokeball, it was asleep and it's HP was in the red, I meant to throw

an ultra ball but accidentally picked pokeball instead and to my extreme

surprise it stayed caught, that was neat.

um...I also caught a chansey once with a lucky egg with the first

safari ball I tossed at in leaf green, but that was after trying to catch

like 12 of them, it was just weird that this one appeared and it stayed

um...I have lots of shinies so they don't count to me

dragon_master C

the master of all dragons!
    Years
  • so if i save my game in front of groudon and keep restarting, i coud get a shiny groudon? and if i get a shiny ditto, and mate it with a normal pokemon, will it be a shiny egg too?

Iron Spriter Josh

Noob Terminator
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 11, 2006
    catching lugia with a pokeball, and ho-oh with a luxury ball

edit: in firered, after getting to the island

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back