• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my art

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
  • Firstly, the ad part is really annoying.

Having said that, on to the piece in question.

The soft colours and effeminate hues give the wallpaper a very peaceful feel. The central image, on the other hand, is a bit jarring because it contrasts too sharply with the colours. Also, the cropping's quite messy and not extremely aesthetically pleasing. And by cropping, I don't mean the edges, rather the shape of the crop. If that was done purposely, it's not really effective in this case. I think a symmetrical shape (eg. heart) for the crop would be a bit cliche, but it would be more effective than the blob in your piece (no disrespect intended).

As for the photo, it's good, but I think the piece and the photo work better without each other. Either you've got a soft, colourful wallpaper or a nice photo. *shrug*

John-117

Jirachi lover
    Years
  • Sorry for the ads, but I just need to earn some money. I'm not just using this in here, I use it almost anywhere that is allowed. For the edge, I made it purposely. I think making a heart shape is a great idea. Thanks

Back