• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Fire/Water Deck Please

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
Years
  • Here goes, it's going to be organized [Pokémon] [Set Name] [# if more than 1]
    ----------------------------
    Snorlax - EX Dragon Frontiers
    Ho-oh - Call of Legends
    Charmander - Base Set - 3
    Charmander - Secret Wonders
    Dark Charmeleon - Team Rocket - 2
    Charmelon - Base Set
    Charizard - Base Set - 2
    Squirtle - Team Rocket - 2
    Squirtle - EX Crystal Guardians
    Wartortle - Base Set 2
    Dark Wartortle - Team Rocket
    Blastoise - Base Set 2
    Purrloin - Black/White
    Munchlax - Majestic Dawn
    Fire Energy - 15
    Water Energy - 10
    Double Colorless Energy
    Multi Energy
    Boost Energy
    Bill - 2
    Nightly Garbage Run (Rocket's Secret Machine)
    Challenge!
    Professor Cozmo's Discovery
    Twins
    Super Potion - 2
    Life Herb - 2
    Pokémon Rescue
    Leftovers
    Potion

It's built mostly for getting to the Charizards as quickly as possible to annihilate the opponent before they can evolve to anything good.

EDIT: Updated.

Last edited:

vinylscratchp0n3

Years
  • I don't have a Dark Charizard or a Dark Blastoise, but I'm not entering any official competitions anytime soon. Just for playing against friends. I'll try to trade for normal base set Charmeleons and Wartortles for this technicality, though.

vinylscratchp0n3

Years
  • Well, my deck has a high energy cost, namely the Charmander and its evos and Ho-Oh. My brother and I always build decks with 20 Pokémon, 10 trainers, and 30 energy. It's worked well so far. Also, I don't have any stadiums. My card collection is mostly base set, jungle, fossil, and team rocket with a little bit of some from after Nintendo took over.

Years
  • I specifically suggested Energy Retrieval so you could get that energy Charizard discards from the discard pile, so you don't have to draw into a ton of energy just to keep Charizard powered up. When I said cards like it, I meant cards that get Energy from the discard pile or the deck. Energy Search is another good card to have. But if you can get your hands on a Roseanne's Research (card from the Diamond & Pearl era that allows you to search your deck for two cards as long as they are either basic energy or a basic Pokemon, and you can mix-and-match energy and Pokemon) that would be even better.

Back