• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My New Team =)

Years
    Adamant Metagross @ Lum Berry
    Clear Body Ability
    252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
    ~ Agility
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Explosion

Timid Froslass @ Focus Sash
    4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Destiny Bond
    ~ Ice Beam
    Froslass uses Destiny Bond and Focus Sash to suicide it's foes =)

Modest Drifblim @ Leftovers
    Unburden Ability
    144 Def / 252 SpA / 60 SpD / 52 Spe
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hypnosis

This Bad Boy abuses Leftovers and Unburden to speed above the rest. It uses this speed to hypnotize the foes, and calm mind while they're down. Or, kill them while they're low =P

Jolly Swellow @ Flame Orb
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~ Facade
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Quick Attack

Flame Orb + Guts Ability + STAB = 257 BP Facade. Brave Bird + STAB = 150 BP Brave Bird. Quick Attack + STAB = 50 BP + Attacking With Priority. This dude can be one pain in the ass to the other team ^^

Modest Yanmega @ Peteya Berry
    Speed Boost Ability
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Hidden Power Ground

Calm Clefable @ Leftovers
    Magic Guard Ability
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Softboiled
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Light Screen

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Can you add descriptions of what the purpose of these pokes are? What they are supposed to be determines how effective they are. Also, I'm assuming you plan on using this in OU? And is this on Shoddy or Wi-fi?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    One note, is that Hypnosis dropped in accuracy by 10%, so it might be wise not to use it. Also, Yanmega will get 50% of HP because SR, which means he is best to be a lead instead, or you can have a Rapid Spinner? Sorry this is small suggestion, I just wanted to point those things out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    FYI, STAB bonus is 50% not 25%.
    Lead with Froslass or SR makes sash useless.
    Also, unburden only activates when you lose your item, so you might want to try a pinch berry (petya, probably).
    The rest looks ok, I guess, but like stated above you should add descriptions.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Adamant Metagross @ Lum Berry
    Clear Body Ability
    252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
    ~ Agility
    ~ Meteor Mash
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Explosion

Yeah, just dont lead with this, use a Life Orb imo.

Timid Froslass @ Focus Sash
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Taunt
    ~ Destiny Bond
    ~ Ice Beam
    Froslass uses Destiny Bond and Focus Sash to suicide it's foes =)

Lead with this.

SR weak #1.

Modest Drifblim @ Leftovers
    Unburden Ability
    144 Def / 252 SpA / 60 SpD / 52 Spe
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hypnosis

Gengar does the sweeping thing so much better and doesnt auto lose to Tyranitar. Pass subs or calm minds or something.

SR weak #2.

Jolly Swellow @ Flame Orb
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    ~ Facade
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Quick Attack

Flame Orb + Guts Ability + STAB = 257 BP Facade. Brave Bird + STAB = 150 BP Brave Bird. Quick Attack + STAB = 50 BP + Attacking With Priority. This dude can be one pain in the ass to the other team ^^

"I am outclassed by Staraptor", since it can actually hit the omnipresent Steel types.

SR weak #3.

Modest Yanmega @ Peteya Berry
    Speed Boost Ability
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Bug Buzz
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Hidden Power Ground

SR weak #4, walled by Skarmory garbage. >.<

Calm Clefable @ Leftovers
    Magic Guard Ability
    252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    ~ Thunder Wave
    ~ Softboiled
    ~ Seismic Toss
    ~ Light Screen

"Blissey does this sort of thing 1111110% better".

Right, there are a few problems here.

Firstly, 4 of your pokeon are weak to Stealth Rock which means losing 25%+ of their health each time they come in so switching is gonna be difficult. I highly advise cutting down on the SR weak pokemon.

Staraptor outclasses Swellow and likewise with Clefable and Blissey and Gengar being a better sweeper than Blimp. ("Because i dont like OU's" or "to be original" is not a valid argument btw. Im all for using UU pokes in ou, but when a uu poke is outclassed by their OU counterpart, there is no point in using said uu poke. I mean sure if it does something different than the ou pokemon or fills a niche, but here there isnt any evidence to distinguish this.)

I also feel the majority of threats in ou arnt sufficiently covered here, i mean just off the top of my head Gyarados can just DD up, Scizor and Lucario can just SD and Tar can basically Crunch your whole team to death.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

I urge you to look at this as its something you (and everyone) should look at when team building because its very helpful and can act as a checklist of sorts.

Last edited:
    Back