• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Pokemon team

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2007
    Last time I stuck it in the wrong forum. >_<

1.Vibrava (No item)
    Adament nature
    Fly
    Dragonbreath
    Sandstorm
    Screech
    HP:125
    ATK:100
    DEF:68
    SP.ATK:55
    SP.DEF:62
    SPEED: 89

2.Dusknoir (Spooky Plate)
    Careful nature
    Shadow Punch
    Fire Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Ice Beam
    ATK:161
    DEF:105
    SP.ATK:91
    SP.DEF:216
    SPEED:94
    LV.68

3.Torterra (No item)
    Adament nature
    Earthquake
    Rock Climb
    Rock Smash
    Cut
    ATK:184
    DEF:165
    SP.ATK:121
    SP.DEF:143
    SPEED:124
    LV.68

4. Electivire
    Hardy nature
    Rock Smash
    Thunder
    Low Kick
    ThunderPunch
    ATK:105
    DEF:60
    SP.ATK:76
    SP.DEF:72
    SPEED:87
    LV.36

Rhyperior (Stone Plate)
    Brave nature
    Fire Blast
    Rock Wrecker
    Surf
    Strength
    ATK: 238
    DEF:204
    SP.ATK:98
    SP.DEF:97
    SPEED: 81
    LV.68

I actually listed everthing.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Not only did you list everything, you listed too much and not the stuff we need. Heres a few points:
    *Post us the end result, not your team in-construction.
    *We dont care about levels or stats, we need EVs
    *The only HM worth using is waterfall (And maybe surf), so get rid of them all
    *All your pokemon have mixed sets when they fail on them.
    *Two moves of the same type on the same poke significantly reduces your coverage.

SO yeah, a lot needs to be done. Rectify these and I'll give a full rating with specific amendments.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    *The only HM worth using is waterfall (And maybe surf)

Surf > Waterfall, every day of the year. Surf is a greatmove, waterfall is overrated.

I suggest looking at each pokemon's base stats and makinmg a set accordingly. For example, that would tell you special attacks on Rhyinferior are really bad.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Waterfall is one of the few physical water moves. For poke's who dont need aqua jet's speed boost, its the next bestthing.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Surf > Waterfall, every day of the year. Surf is a greatmove, waterfall is overrated.

I suggest looking at each pokemon's base stats and makinmg a set accordingly. For example, that would tell you special attacks on Rhyinferior are really bad.

Don't ever say that again. Can Gyarados use Surf? What about Swampert, isn't Waterfall the superior choice for him? That was a surprizingly amateurish thing to say, as Waterfall is perfect for physical attackers (sacrificing 15 Base Power for 30% chance to flinch, good trade off for a physical attacker) & Surf is the ultimate for special attackers, like Vaporeon. I don't know why I thought Vaporeon, but hey.

Like comparing Dusknoir with Gengar. How can you say one is better than the other if they serve totally different roles?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeahhh thanx sims :) but i dont get your comment about sacrificing 15 power, whats that refering to?

sims796

Years
    What are ya thanking me for? I wasn't really backing you up, but what Anti said made no sense. He of all people should know better.

Watherfall's Base Power is 80, Surf is 95. However, Waterfall has a 3020% Flinch rate.

EDIT:Oops, my bad, 20%.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Just bein polite seein as you agreed with what I said.
    And ohhh ok I forgot about the possiblity of flinch

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Bit I LOVE being ganged up on :( I wasn't really refering to how good they were more as...waterfall is really overrated. I hate using water moves as it is, when I use 'em, I like power. Think about it this way: if both were special or physical *coughADVcough* Surf would be the clear-cut winner. Just because they turned it physical, I think people overvalue it.

But yes, me thinks I should have clarified that to avoid getting pwnt like I just did :( lol

So yeah :P Anyways, that vibrava would be so much cooler if it turned into:

Flygon @ Choice Band
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - EQ
    - Fire Punch / Stone Edge
    - Quick Attack

Quick attack rocks my socks off.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ok, without a rudimentory knowledge of EVs you will never succeed in wifi battling. Here's a quick overview:
    Every pokemon gives off EVs (Effort Values) when you beat them. for example, a seaking gives off 2 att EVs and bidoofs give off a HP EV. When a poke gains 4 of the same EV, it gets a boost to that stat.

Theres an FAQ somewhere on this site for an indepth explaination

sims796

Years
    Bit I LOVE being ganged up on :( I wasn't really refering to how good they were more as...waterfall is really overrated. I hate using water moves as it is, when I use 'em, I like power. Think about it this way: if both were special or physical *coughADVcough* Surf would be the clear-cut winner. Just because they turned it physical, I think people overvalue it.

But yes, me thinks I should have clarified that to avoid getting pwnt like I just did :( lol

So yeah :P Anyways, that vibrava would be so much cooler if it turned into:

Flygon @ Choice Band
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - EQ
    - Fire Punch / Stone Edge
    - Quick Attack

Quick attack rocks my socks off.

Mine is a mixed sweeper:

Flygon@Life Orb
    Nature:Naughty
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    U-Turn
    EV:252 ATK/100 SP.ATK/156 SPD

Also, to say Waterfall is overvalued is a bit disheartining. Gyarados was CRYING for a STAB move, relying on HP Flying, or Return. Come on, he needed that power. As I said, thats the same thing as saying Starmie is MUCH better than Forretress. If they serve totally different roles, how can we compare? Waterfall is the equivilant to Surf, but only physical, so how is it overvalued?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I actually run a different Flygon that works well for me. It's a Physical Sweeper, just mines a bit different.

Flygon@(mine doesn't have an item but I'm thinking Choice Scarf maybe)
    Jolly~*will not reveal EVs*~Levitate
    Dragon Claw
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Draco Meteor (I know not the best but it can seriously kill most other dragons even with the cut from Jolly)

Other tips:
    Rhyperior (Stone Plate)*Never use items like this*
    Brave nature *don't sacrafice his speed, use Adamant*
    Fire Blast *don't use this on him. His special attack is sad*
    Rock Wrecker *the recovery period isn't worth it, as you could use Stone Edge or Rock Slide instead*
    Surf *again, special*
    Strength *meh, but it's not the best*

~desu Saba~

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Rhyperior @ Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Atk
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/ Avalanche
    -Roar
    -Stealth Rock

Physical Wall Rhyperior. <3 I don't care if he serves a completely different role.

Back