• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my standard team

Years
    Hi guys. I've been spending time creating a standard team. I just want you to suggest any changes I should make to make this team better. I don't want a very advanced competitive team, just one that's relatively simple and works well.

Here it is:

Azlef @Focus sash
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 ATk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Moves:
    -U Turn
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion

No explanation needed. Pretty standard.

Gengar @ Focus Sash
    Natue: Timid
    EV's: 252 Spd, 252 Sp.Atk, 6 HP
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt/Energy Ball
    -Destiny Bond

I can't really decide between Thunderbolt and energy Ball. I'm probably going to run T-Bolt though. (Due to skarmory, Gyrados, ect) Instead of explosion I'll use destiny bond because of gengar's bad attack, and I don't want to run a Hasty/Naive nature.

Registeel @ Leftovers
    Nature: Careful
    Ev's: 252 HP, 128 Def, 130 Sp.Def
    Moves:
    -Seismic toss
    -Thunder wave
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rest

This is basically the wall. Thunder Wave is there so I can cripple fast pokemon and then I'll just keep seismic tossing.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Adaptability
    Moves:
    -Tri-Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Dark Pulse/Nasty Plot/HP-Ground

The main special sweeper. I don't want to have nasty plot because Porygon-Z can't take hits anyway, and It's hard to find a good moment to use it.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Nature:Modest
    EV's: 252 Def, 148 HP, 96 Sp.Atk, 14 Spd
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover
    -Toxic

Milotic is one of my favorites. I know it may eb outclassed in OU, but it does come in handy to absorb status inflictions with marvel scale. (T-Wave, Wil-o-wisp) The HP EV's allow it to reach 368 HP, which allows max leftovers recovery. The 14 EV's in Speed allows it to reach 200 speed, which outruns lots of slower threats.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
    Nature: Adamant
    EV's: 252 ATK, 252 Spd
    Moves:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Crunch

My late-game sweeper. Because of Dragon Dance, I can use a Adamant nature over Jolly and after a single dragon dance my attack reaches 607 and my speed reaches 448. Crunch is there for a filler.

Lolfish

One step below magikarp :D
    Years
    It's a pretty standard team. I like how you have added only trio legendaries, It annoys me when people put powerful legedaries that you don't even need to train for it to be powerful. I use suicune in my team :D

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Hi guys. I've been spending time creating a standard team. I just want you to suggest any changes I should make to make this team better. I don't want a very advanced competitive team, just one that's relatively simple and works well.

Here it is:

Azlef @Focus sash
    Moves:
    -Taunt
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion

No explanation needed. Pretty standard.

U-turn is pretty useless on a suicide lead, use Taunt instead.

Gengar @ Life Orb
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power [Fire] / Explosion

I can't really decide between Thunderbolt and energy Ball. I'm probably going to run T-Bolt though. (Due to skarmory, Gyrados, ect) Instead of explosion I'll use destiny bond because of gengar's bad attack, and I don't want to run a Hasty/Naive nature.

Use HP [Fire] / Explosion > Destiny Bond, HP Fire helps hit Steels and other stuff while Explosion lets you kill Blissey, Gengar's biggest counter. You can run Explosion with Timid I guess, but shift the HP evs to Atk. Focus Sash is nullified by Stealth Rock, so use Life Orb there.

Registeel @ Leftovers
    Moves:
    -Seismic toss
    -Thunder wave
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rest

This is basically the wall. Thunder Wave is there so I can cripple fast pokemon and then I'll just keep seismic tossing.

This thing is pretty much outclassed by stuff like Blissey.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Moves:
    -Tri-Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Dark Pulse/Nasty Plot/HP-Ground

The main special sweeper. I don't want to have nasty plot because Porygon-Z can't take hits anyway, and It's hard to find a good moment to use it.

Porygonz isnt really good these days, as you neither have Agility nor Nasty Plot. It's pretty slow and gets easily defeated. Use something like Starmie here or some kind of physical sweeper like Infernape or Lucario to counter Blissey who is a nuisance to your team without Explosion on Gengar.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Nature:Modest
    EV's: 252 Def, 148 HP, 96 Sp.Atk, 14 Spd
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover
    -Toxic

Milotic is one of my favorites. I know it may eb outclassed in OU, but it does come in handy to absorb status inflictions with marvel scale. (T-Wave, Wil-o-wisp) The HP EV's allow it to reach 368 HP, which allows max leftovers recovery. The 14 EV's in Speed allows it to reach 200 speed, which outruns lots of slower threats.

Milotic really is outclassed in OU. You already have a status absorber in Registeel, but if you're replacing Registeel because it's outclassed as well, you can run Guts Machamp or something with Guts here as Milotic isnt too good in OU. (if you replace Registeel with Blissey, you dont need a status absorber here as Blissey has Natural Cure). Milotic needs to be replaced.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Nature: Naive/Naughty
    EV's: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast

My late-game sweeper. Because of Dragon Dance, I can use a Adamant nature over Jolly and after a single dragon dance my attack reaches 607 and my speed reaches 448. Crunch is there for a filler.

Life Orb > Lum as Life Orb gives you extra power. Also, Skarmory says hi to this set so Fire Blast > Crunch please. Fire Blast also hits stuff like Scizor, Metagross, Forry and Bronzong. As you're using Fire Blast now, Naive/Naughty > Adamant. Also use an EV spread of 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe.

Comments in bold. Hope I helped ^_^

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Azlef @Focus sash
    Moves:
    -U Turn
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Explosion

Stops things stacking spikes on you etc.

Gengar @ Expert Belt / Leftovers / **Life Orb
    Moves:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Substitute
    -Hidden Power Fire / **Pain Split

Use sub or you are horribly Pursuit bait. Pain Split is to be used with Life Orb as it wrecks Blissey. Hp Fire if you want Forry and Scizor out of the way but use it with the other items.

Registeel @ Leftovers
    Moves:
    -Seismic toss
    -Thunder wave
    -Sleep Talk
    -Rest

Registeel is horrible in OU and this is a horrible set.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
    Moves:
    -Tri-Attack
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -

P-Z is just really not very good.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Nature:Bold
    EV's: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 speed
    Moves:
    -Surf
    -Hidden Power Electric
    -Recover
    -Toxic

Use HP Electric so you arent Gyarados weak and change the nature and Evs

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Nature: Naive
    EV's: 232 ATK, 252 Spd, 24 sp.att
    Moves:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast

Fire Blast so you arent Skarm/Zong/Scizor bait.

So basically PZ and Registeel blow, hard. They are dead weight. Replace those but in those slots you want something to deal with Rotom, Tyranitar and something steel to take hits from dragons well. For example, Scizor helps with Tar to an extent and also dragons so its just a matter of finding stuff that works best for you deal with the aforementioned.

Years
    Ok, thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to replace Registeel with scizor and I should replace P-Z with someone. The only pokes that come to my mind to replace P-Z are Starmie, Rotom-A, or zapdos.

Rotom-A is a good choice because it is bulky, and it is a good paralysis inducer. I would use Rotom-C, because I need a grass attack. Then again I would add more dark weakness to my team and I already have ghost type coverage.

Starmie is a good choice because It has about the same attacks P-Z does, only it is faster and has better defenses. But, I alredy have a water type on this team.

Zapdos is probably the best choice because all of its stats are better (except for Sp.Atk) and it can learn heat wave/T-bolt/HP-Grass. Plus, It can have several roles on a team.

Do you have any suggestions on who to replace P-Z with?

Back