• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Team please

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2017
    I'm starting to get into competitive, so I want to build a good team. This is the team I used for playing through ORAS. Thanks for rating my team, in advance. :)

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
    Timid
    Overgrow

-Leaf Blade
    -Cut
    -Dual Chop
    -X Scissor

Shiny Gardevoir @ Amulet Coin
    Modest
    Synchronize

-Moonblast
    -Psychic
    -Future Sight
    -Magical Leaf

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
    Modest
    Blaze

-Flamethrower
    -Flame Burst
    -Dragon Rage
    -Wing Attack

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
    Jolly
    Drizzle

-Body Slam
    -Ice Beam
    -Surf
    -Origin Pulse

Latias @ Latiasite
    Lax
    Levitate

-Mist Ball
    -Dragon Breath
    -Fly
    -Recover

Hoopa @ Focus Sash
    Gentle
    Magician

-Hyperspace Hole
    -Dark Pulse
    -Nasty Plot
    -Psychic

Sirfetch’d

Your team is an in-game team and pretty impossible to rate. None of the sets you've listed are even remotely viable in competitive play. For example, Cut is not a move that should ever find it's way on a moveset.

I'd recommend checking out Smogon for some analysis on the Pokemon that you want and alternating the movesets accordingly.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    That, and some of the natures on your Pokemon don't match up with their roles. For reference, 20 out of the 25 natures raise a stat and lower another. As a special attacker, Kyogre has no use for Jolly, which actually hinders its special attacking capabilities.

Three of your Pokemon are reliant on their Mega Evolutions for their competitive viability (Charizard, Gardevoir, and Sceptile). As you can only Mega Evolve 1 Pokemon per battle, you need to pick 1 out of the 3.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 12, 2024
    Keep in mind that any match would be bound by the rules of one of the official playable formats. If you were to use this team in a standard format, you'd have to play in Ubers due to Kyogre. However nothing else on your team is remotely viable in Ubers.

Since you are new to battling, I think a great place to start is our battle server. You can use the teambuilder to try out some new teams without having to hunt for the right nature. If you ask nicely, you can probably find someone willing to help test out your new team.

Back