• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Team?

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Hey, I'm trying to put together a team, and I was looking for some feedback. I don't use action replay, so my IVs aren't the best. Please be nice, as this is my first attempt at a team. This team tries to use Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, and Spikes to slowly drain the opponent of their health.

Swampert
    252 HP
    160 Attack
    96 Sp. Def
    Ability: Torrent
    Stealth Rock
    Waterfall
    Ice Beam
    Earthquake

Sets up Stealth Rock, and tries to dish out some damage. He's the most powerful direct attacker on my team except for Gardevoir, but Gardevoir has better things to do than attack.

Blissey
    252 HP
    252 Def
    4 Sp. Attack
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Toxic
    Aromatherapy
    Softboiled
    Flamethrower/Ice Beam/???

Really important to my team. She's my only special wall, and statuses ruin my team. I chose natural cure instead of Serene Grace because that way I don't need to waste an Aromatherapy use on Blissey if she gets statused.

Skarmory
    252 Def
    160 Sp. Def
    96 HP
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Roar
    Spikes
    Aerial Ace
    Sandstorm/Roost

My shuffler/spiker. Spike for three turns, then begin roaring. Aerial Ace if I have a rare turn in which Skarmory has nothing better to do. I'm debating between Sandstrom and Roost. Gardevoir can always Wish pass, and the damage from Sandstorm would be helpful in picking off opponents. However, Roost is Skarmory's best recovery option.

Gardevoir
    160 Sp. Attack
    252 HP
    90 Sp. Def
    Ability: Trace
    Reflect
    Calm Mind/Light Screen
    Wish
    Psychic

My all-important Wish passer. Come in on a special attack, set up a screen if I have time, wish, then get the heck out. Psychic in case Gardevoir has nothing better to do, or is my last pokemon. I'm a bit worried that I'm trying to give her too many jobs... thoughts?

Registeel
    252 HP
    252 Sp. Attack
    4 Sp. Def
    Ability: Clear Body
    Thunderbolt
    Toxic
    Iron Defense
    Amnesia

I used a special set for the element of surprise. I know that this allows Steel/Grounds to completely wall me, but I feel like the rest of my team can cover them well. I never understood why Iron Defense and Amnesia weren't very popular. They seem like great moves to me (especially with Clear Body), but if one of you can explain their shortcomings, please do so.

Weezing
    252 Def
    80 HP
    176 Sp. Attack
    Ability: Levitate
    Fire Blast
    Sludge Bomb
    Pain Split
    Will-O-Wisp

I'm trying to get Weezing a comeback here. I burn whatever is immune to poison, as well as strong physical attackers. If Sludge Bomb poisons, I won't complain either. I gave him a few HP EVs just because Weezing's HP blows so bad, it doesn't really affect Pain Split too badly, but greatly increases his survivability.

I was thinking about maybe removing a pokemon and putting in a fast sweeper to clean up the scraps of the enemy team, like Weavile. Also, if the item claus is in effect, i have no clue as to what items to use. Please give me any and all suggestions you have.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    Gardevior is outclassed by Porygon2 as far as a tracer is concerned, and there are about 12 different wish passers who are better than it.

Registeel is kinda "meh". Amnesia + Iron Defense are begging to be critted on.

You need a ghost-pokemon to block rapid spin from getting rid of your spikes.

Give Skarmory Roost, not sandstorm lol, and Brave Bird/Drill Peck instead of Aerial Bad.

EDIT:
    Okay, on Weezing go 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spa, maximum walling ability.

Seriously replace Gardevior. Too many ScarfTars running around these days, its more of a liability than an asset.

Give Blissey Flamethrower in the last slot. Can OHKO Scizor and survive a Bullet Punch. Give it 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef as an EV spread @ Calm nature.

(Speaking of natures we also need natures for everything else.)

You need a spin blocker still. Something like Rotom-a or Dusknior or Gengar will work fine.

Subistutes for Gardevior: Vaporeon, Jolteon, Salamence (not reccomended), Latias, Jirachi, Umbreon, Togekiss, and Clefable all work. Pick one that fits your team the best. Imo, Umbreon actually fits well since its not pursuit bait and also has physical bulk.

Thats all I got, hope everything works out.

Last edited:

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
    Exactly what Gamer said about EVs and items. These are a must to be able to rate.

Give Blissey Seismic Toss as last slot, good at chipping away at health, and no need for any attacking EVs to use.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2011
    Oh, well I would have Leftovers on all of them except Gardevoir (Light Clay) and Weezing (Black Sludge) and maybe Swampert if the item clause isn't in effect. But if it is in effect, then I was hoping the forum could help me out because I'm clueless.

Last edited:
    Back