• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Rather than just Elite 4, I think you should have to face Legendary's At The End The Elite 4

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I think it would be really cool if rather than just facing a team of people you say after you beat the Elite 4 then you have to go beat Legendary's sometimes 1-1

Like for example Imagine having 6 level 60's and having to try to beat a

Level 100 Mewtwo? Can this be done? If not what is the least average level of 6 Pokemon to beat a level 100 Mega Mewtwo

I think this would pose a different type of threat than just facing the best Gym leader or Elite 4 Member.

Or rather...

The 3 original legendary Birds all level 100. Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos

This clearly would take having 6 Pokemon all at least around the higher 70's, if not low 80's.

The list goes on and on
    Lugia & Ho Oh!

Grouden & Kyrogue

It would be set up in a similar fashion to these legendary's turning dark, and the only way to bring them back is to defeat them. With each battle the Legendaries and groups get tougher.

The last battle being the 3 toughest legendaries of all time Whoever that maybe...

Last edited:
    Years
  • ngl I... actually wouldn't mind this. seems like a cool idea. :o

although I suppose in the case of a legendary trio, you get to choose one at a time and if you want to battle/catch the other, you have to beat the elite four again.

at least this would fit within game freak's way of doing things. :x

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Yeah all 3 at once would be tough, although that's kind of the point. If you were to face each one, I'd assuming 6 level 70's could do that.

I'd be curios to see how they would rank each Pokemon battle to make sure that it gets tougher.

Example: would would be more difficult a MegaMewTwo X or Arceus? Would be interesting to see how they would rank them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I think for Galar the final boss could be some form of incorporating the legendaries. My thought is why not have Gigamaxing/Dynamaxing Legendaries for the final battle? We've seen in the past we don't really need a traditional league format, so I think doing that would be a nice change of pace.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I'd personally be ok with something like this. Tie it into the story and have that be the final boss of the game. Something like Ultra Necrozma, but at the end of the game instead. We've seen that you don't necessarily need that usual Pokemon league sequence. Heck, you don't even battle the champion until post game in BW, so I would be on board for this.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • It doesn't have to be a legendary battle to my mind - I Just want the plot to properly end after the elite four, or at least by somehow incorporating them. I think gen 5 did this best - I loved that we didn't beat the evil team until after the elite four.

Back