• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RBY + GSC > DPP + RSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Ah, I've been questioned quite a few times, "Why do you like the old games better than the new ones? Nostalgia?" The answer is that is goes far beyond nostalgia. There are actually many, many reasons why the RBY and GSC generations are preferred for their simplicity and bliss.
    1. Simple objectives without any tricky puzzles. If you have to look something up to be able to progress in a Pokemon game, other than how to progress past a cave, it's too difficult. RSE almost turned the games into Pokemon Puzzle League, especially with its puzzle for obtaining Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. DPP also had its fair share of puzzles -- such as how to "see" Dialga/Palkia.
    2. You'll never drown. Hoenn is a sad region. It sunk to the bottom of the ocean long ago. They only recently managed to pull it out from the depths of the sea... it's still a bit wet, though. Having to surf for hours isn't fun, and neither is RSE.
    3. Lavender and Pallet. In RBY, there were only two towns/cities that didn't have gyms. In GSC there were only three. Adding more of these is not replay value -- it's garbage. If you play all day for one day and you haven't even made it to Gardenia, something's wrong.
    4. Contests Suck. Plain and simple; contests are plainly terrible and simply awful. They go from the 17 types to "Cool", "Cute", "Tough", "Smart", and "Beauty" which directly translate to: Violent, Pink, Fugly, Mental, and Boring.
    5. The Time of Day (and Date) feature was wasted. There were so many daily and hourly events in GSC... where did they go? RSE took about 40 steps back, but DPP tried to rectify the issue. I don't want Drifloon, though, I want Lapras.
    6. Fugly Pokemon. Please view my Fugly Pokemon thread for my views on this issue.
    7. Traditional definitions. What defines a legendary, a baby Pokemon, a starter, and fun have all changed in the world of Pokemon. Since when can legendaries have babies at the Daycare? Since when do Baby Pokemon have different types from their parents? (Normal -> Water) Since when could Bayleef (not Chikorita, mind you) be caught? Since when is bad taste fun?
    8. Bug Catching Contest and Safari Zone. Modern versions of these marvels (RSE Safari Zone and DPP Marsh) are far inferior to the originals. Who wants to go out of their way to catch a Pikachu?
    9. EVs, Natures, 31 IVs, and Abilities. All of these things further complicated Competitive Pokemon and in-game Pokemon as well. Gengar is not a Flying-type, it should take damage from Earthquake. EVs make players train longer. Boring. Natures and IVs cause breeding mania and long-term depression.
    10. Shorter Games. The shorter games actually provided more replay value... you knew you would have fun playing the game again and again because you wouldn't have to stop and train for hours just to get your Pokemon to level >9,000. The levels are very low in GSC (the first part) and that makes it so much more easy-going.
    11. Nostalgia. Uh, yeah, duh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    Agreed completely.

Also:

RBY: 8 badges.
    GSC: 16 badges.

Okay, so now I'd assume 16 or more...

RSE:8 BADGES?!? FAIL!

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    In two words: total crap. In many more words...

1. Catering to both the mindless and to the sharp eye is a trait that actually makes a good video game. There will be someone who looks up braille, whereas somewhere there will be someone who actually tries to decode it. They -do- give you the cipher (every braille letter), if I recall correctly...
    2. That's just your opinion. I long for another Hoenn because its shift from land to sea near the end of the game is a salient VG concept--change of look with game progression. The backgrouns change with progress in a cheesy arcade game; in Hoenn, you get to take it to the sea. It is more mysterious and requires more adventure. Kanto and Johto were too formulaic...with the exception of the Whirl Islands thrown in there.
    3. Uhh, the wrong thing is that you're either a flat out horrible player or you are extracurricularly training. It brings the world more to life when there are more towns/cities. Having few more than eight towns would make an unspoken rule like 'every town needs a Gym' or something like that. Name one town that did not better the overall 'painting' of the world. Hoenn, by the way, used those spare towns for Contest Halls and Battle Tents...
    4. They're a change of pace. And I'll let you know--little kids love them. They get frustrated by some of the battle mechanics, but contests are pretty straightforward if you do not have access to SPP or a strategy guide.
    5. More whining? Day/night is completely useless...it only creates frustration if you want a certain pkmn and getting it at a certain time conflicts with a schedule. Was Lapras on Fridays? It's a nice gimmick, but it and Drifloon are really unnecessary overall...
    6. Apparently you don't appreciate pkmn that much. They are designed such that different ones will appeal to different players. I hate Weavile, but a friend of mine holds it as one of his favourites.
    7. ...of course these definitions have changed. They have became broader. Just because it is not so straightforward anymore is evidently your problem here...
    8. Someone who wants a Pikachu? They are more places to explore...and, for the record, swamps with trains, how can you go wrong?
    9. Again, more simplicity versus depth...no need to address that again.
    10. Any gamer who wants their $30 worth is going to want a long game. Pkmn is not really intended to be reset; catching them all requires to keep a file and fly with it. Replayability value? Pkmn has none...
    11. In eight years, if pkmn is still popular, people will point to the days of Team Magma and Team Aqua and ask what went wrong for us to end up with pk-trainer cross-fusions (it'l happen someday). Be happy with what we get. The old games had little to no story value in them; the new ones are not works of art, but they make an attempt at something that will at least keep you interested for a little while...a point beyond just beating the Elite Four. Breaking the formula--which GF does very marginally--is what pkmn needs. Form-chainging legendaries is a step in the proper direction.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    Pros and cons of RBY & GSC

Pros:
    -Amusing Engrish
    -Nostalgia
    -Very few gimmicks
    -Impossible to get lost. (except in places like Rock Tunnel, maybe)
    -The magnet train (GSC)
    -The radio (GSC)

Cons:
    -Couldn't choose character's (this doesn't count against Crystal)
    -Stripmined Viridian forest :( (GSC)

Pros and cons of RSE

Pros
    -Treecko, Grovyle, and Sceptile
    -The ability to go underwater
    -Double Battles! W00t! I can train two pokes at once before obtaining an EXP share!
    -I actually like surfing (except for the tentacools)

Cons
    -The botched title screen song
    -crashing of instruments in some of the music
    -yes, contests are lame especially when the people you're in the contests with are cheaters.
    -no more night and day :\
    -your rival is too damn friendly

Pros and cons of DPP

Pros
    -Night and day system is back
    -Finally there's a snowy environment
    -The Pal Park
    -slightly more in depth plotline

Cons
    -Mutant evolutions
    -Bidoof
    -overemphasis of wireless connection only features--okay this is cool if you actually have others nearby that have a copy of the game but it's useless otherwise
    -contests are still lame and now there's a gimmick--dress clothes for your character. As if Dawn wasn't prissy looking enough. Seriously, I miss Crystal. Now we have a pirate kid with a hairstyle from outer space (May), a kid with a bucket on her head (FR/LG character), and now Dawn who wears rain boots with a miniskirt.
    -Why did they give Skitty and Delicatty an ability that makes all moves function as if though they were of the normal type? Listen, people, if I had wanted my pokemon to know only Normal type moves I wouldn't have used the WaterPulse TM on it.

Last edited:
    Years
    One of the things that bothered me about RSE (someone already pointed this out, but I'll state my opinion on it), is the rivals battles. In RBY and GSC, your rivals were actually tough trainers with strong Pokemon. Add to the fact that they usually showed up at the worst possible time, adding to the challange.

In RSE, on the other hand, both rivals (May/Brenden and Wally) are extremely weak. May/Brenden don't even evolve their starting Pokemon to it's final form! On the plus side with Wally, he does appear at the end of Victory Road with fairly strong Pokemon, and you can rebattle him at any time (which is great for training), but I overall thought the rival battles in RSE were extremely lame and poorly executed.

Aside from the other obvious mishaps of RSE (only eight gym battles, only one region, not all Pokemon available without trading with FR/LG, no day/night, etc.), the games were still fairly enjoyable for me. It was when DPP came out that my interest in Pokemon really took a hit. I just didn't enjoy those games at all.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Oh, Mobile. You and your "omg, she said THAAAAAAT" moments.

1. Simple objectives without any tricky puzzles. If you have to look something up to be able to progress in a Pokemon game, other than how to progress past a cave, it's too difficult. RSE almost turned the games into Pokemon Puzzle League, especially with its puzzle for obtaining Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. DPP also had its fair share of puzzles -- such as how to "see" Dialga/Palkia.

1. Too difficult? Please. Sure, some puzzles were challenging, but that was an appealing point. I'd rather not go through the entire game monotonously raising Charmander so it can take on every challenge by itself. The game doesn't make caves for the sake of being a nice stroll through the region; there should be some "well, we'd let you go forward, but you know, if we let you do that, let's just fly you to the Indigo Plateau and give you 999 Rare Candies right now..." sign if it were like that.

[*]You'll never drown. Hoenn is a sad region. It sunk to the bottom of the ocean long ago. They only recently managed to pull it out from the depths of the sea... it's still a bit wet, though. Having to surf for hours isn't fun, and neither is RSE.

This I agree with wholeheartedly. I'd like to say there were some points that made Hoenn enjoyable, but...no. Hoenn sucked. I'm sorry. Some of the Pokemon were good, but I hate Blaziken with a passion, because I've always had a passionate hate for Fire starters, and Blaziken made RSE so ridiculously and incredibly easy that I wanted to puke. I was ultimately disappointed by RSE in its entirety.

[*]Lavender and Pallet. In RBY, there were only two towns/cities that didn't have gyms. In GSC there were only three. Adding more of these is not replay value -- it's garbage. If you play all day for one day and you haven't even made it to Gardenia, something's wrong.

Part of this was caused by the controversy against GSC that Johto was too small and needed Kanto to be any good (which I stand by). They beefed up the map, and while I agree that the amount of cities with no real value is absurd, I will say that the fact that in a day, if you've beaten a game, you either have no life, or the game was created poorly. (or you chose Torchic in RSE. Was that my outside voice?)

[*]Contests Suck. Plain and simple; contests are plainly terrible and simply awful. They go from the 17 types to "Cool", "Cute", "Tough", "Smart", and "Beauty" which directly translate to: Violent, Pink, Fugly, Mental, and Boring.

In RSE, I enjoyed the contests, but in DPPt, they ruined them. My Weezing is b-eautiful, dammit! >.<

[*]The Time of Day (and Date) feature was wasted. There were so many daily and hourly events in GSC... where did they go? RSE took about 40 steps back, but DPP tried to rectify the issue. I don't want Drifloon, though, I want Lapras.

Agreed. This is the argument that was thrown in my face all the time when I said that Johto had the content of a thistle; "But the time system made it so you could do sooo much!" Yeah, because I love the haircut I got my Alakazam, not that I'll ever see it.

[*]Fugly Pokemon. Please view my Fugly Pokemon thread for my views on this issue.

Salamence and Garchomp would like to have a word with you. (Though I've already said this...regardless of how bad the art looks on many of the Pokemon in your list, the anime fixed them, or they just plain kick ass.)

[*]Traditional definitions. What defines a legendary, a baby Pokemon, a starter, and fun have all changed in the world of Pokemon. Since when can legendaries have babies at the Daycare? Since when do Baby Pokemon have different types from their parents? (Normal -> Water) Since when could Bayleef (not Chikorita, mind you) be caught? Since when is bad taste fun?

Manaphy was simply an abomination that should never be referenced again, if not only for this reason. If you were going to make a legendary breed;
      A) Make both the parent and the child cool-looking and individual;
      B) Make the child evolve into the parent, if not only to cross-introduce concepts.

Bad taste is fun, Mobile; look at all the people who wear Hollister >.>

[*]Bug Catching Contest and Safari Zone. Modern versions of these marvels (RSE Safari Zone and DPP Marsh) are far inferior to the originals. Who wants to go out of their way to catch a Pikachu?

Again, I agree with you on this. Why bother with Pastoria when
      A) all of its Pokemon are UU or bad OU/BL, and;
      B) Chansey has a ridiculously easy catch method?

[*]EVs, Natures, 31 IVs, and Abilities. All of these things further complicated Competitive Pokemon and in-game Pokemon as well. Gengar is not a Flying-type, it should take damage from Earthquake. EVs make players train longer. Boring. Natures and IVs cause breeding mania and long-term depression.

NO!
      If EV's, IV's, natures and abilities weren't involved in the competitive field, the metagame would lose one of its key factors; the element of suprise. The ability to come into a battle with a properly natured, properly EV'd Pokemon with a specific set for doing such a task, and being able to mask it without making a move is what makes it so fun. I mean, if you take out all those things, not only does nearly every Ground-type rule the metagame (like Psychics did in RBY lest we forget), but one move = your entire moveset and plan is predicted.

[*]Shorter Games. The shorter games actually provided more replay value... you knew you would have fun playing the game again and again because you wouldn't have to stop and train for hours just to get your Pokemon to level >9,000. The levels are very low in GSC (the first part) and that makes it so much more easy-going.

Until you hit a 23-level gap when you reach Red.

I stated this earlier; if you've beaten a game with a $40 price tag in less than 24 hours, you should have your $40 and your 24 hours back. This is a taste thing, because I'm sure you enjoy beating games at a bullet-like pace, but there are some people who enjoy putting an effort through to beat a game. It helps with something called a sense of accomplishment.

[*]Nostalgia. Uh, yeah, duh.

My nostalgia is attached purely to Blue Version, as it was the first I ever played. I'm sure GSC is attached to people for this very reason. To you I say pah; you're a bit late to ride our gravy train. Try to see both sides of the arguments made against your cause. I can understand when people say that RBY Geodude looked like a floating brain. For all I care, I'll be sure to remember that when I nickname mine "Andross" :P

Spoiler:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Actually in my opinion the pokemon games of today are fare more up to speed if you ask me. If there were not EVs and abilities then it would be far too predictable and wack. I think the games of today are perfect and I love each pokemon to date(in their own ways)

Years
    I couldn't agree more.

1. I KNOW. Some of the puzzles are just plain annoying, and add nothing fun. I mean seriously, did ANYONE have fun with Candice's Gym? And wtf was up with the Regi puzzles? Simple riddles would've been more than enough to provide the effect, we didn't need riddles we have to translate first.

2. Tentacool every 5 steps while surfing = fail. But having that much surfing really makes it so much worse.

3. Pallet was useless, but then again, all starting towns are. Lavender had a deep, yet uncomplicated history that was emotional and delightfully creepy. It made me feel bad for the people who had lost their pokemon.

4. Agreed.

5. I was SO disappointed about the lack of day and night. It was one of the things that really made me feel like I was part of the game.
    Off this topic, but the newer games have gotten so ridiculous with their "OMG END OF THE WORLD" plots that try to top each other every generation. It really makes it hard to imagine you are actually the character, since it's all just crazy and predictable.

6. Yeah, alot of the pokemon have gotten fugly, but this isn't really my biggest issue.

7. This doesn't bother me too much, but I agree that most of it was unneeded.

8. The marsh annoyed me so much. I don't like going on the stupid train. It's not needed and seems totally out of place. Why would you have a train in a marsh? Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. It and the RSE Safari Zone are also really dull. :\

9. OMG YES. Having all these exceptions to types that should work is just confusing. And I would have more fun trading pokemon if everyone didn't ask "LOL What nature is it?" How should I know? There was nothing wrong with the way pokemon training was in GSC.

10. Really? GSC were the longest games I ever played. But long in a good way, not the dragging on forever like in DPP.

11. I think I would still feel this way if I had played RSE or DPP first. Although I do like them because they were my first games, I honestly feel this way, it's not just whining because it's different.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    While I agree on the sense that I enjoyed RBYGSC more than their successors... I don't agree with much of your reasoning at all. XD;
    Simple objectives without any tricky puzzles. [/B]If you have to look something up to be able to progress in a Pokemon game, other than how to progress past a cave, it's too difficult. RSE almost turned the games into Pokemon Puzzle League, especially with its puzzle for obtaining Regice, Regirock, and Registeel. DPP also had its fair share of puzzles -- such as how to "see" Dialga/Palkia.
    The tricky puzzles weren't part of the required part. It was a fun extra you could do. I actually loved it; it made the game "smarter". You couldn't get through it if you were an idiot and even if you looked up the answers (I had a guide XD), it was still interesting. As for DPP, how is reading a book (was that what you had to do?) a puzzle? If you're totally rushing through the game, yeah it wouldn't be obvious, but I talk to everyone and examine everything new when I play a game so... I never had the problem. o_O
    You'll never drown. Hoenn is a sad region. It sunk to the bottom of the ocean long ago. They only recently managed to pull it out from the depths of the sea... it's still a bit wet, though. Having to surf for hours isn't fun, and neither is RSE.
    Well, I've got to agree somewhat there, but considering the entire region is based on an actual oceanic/island area in Japan, it makes sense. While I hate surfing, I at least liked the idea of having a very port-based region where everything is based around the sea.
    Lavender and Pallet. In RBY, there were only two towns/cities that didn't have gyms. In GSC there were only three. Adding more of these is not replay value -- it's garbage. If you play all day for one day and you haven't even made it to Gardenia, something's wrong.
    ...how is it wrong? ._.; It's adding in more playtime. I bet if you could get halfway through the game in one day, you'd be complaining. I certainly don't want to play $40 for a short game. So long as they aren't making you backtrack over and over and over (Pokémon Ranger I'm looking at you), it's not that big a deal. You're just getting more playtime for your money.
    Contests Suck. Plain and simple; contests are plainly terrible and simply awful. They go from the 17 types to "Cool", "Cute", "Tough", "Smart", and "Beauty" which directly translate to: Violent, Pink, Fugly, Mental, and Boring.
    ...so... don't... do them? I thought they were a cute addition. Nothing terribly serious and I'd prefer contests over Battle Towers anyday. It's not like they're forced, either.
    The Time of Day (and Date) feature was wasted. There were so many daily and hourly events in GSC... where did they go? RSE took about 40 steps back, but DPP tried to rectify the issue. I don't want Drifloon, though, I want Lapras.
    Okay, I definitely agree here. ;_; I MISSED TIME OF DAY SO HARD. I'm so glad they brought back obvious changes between night and day and twilight. I wish there were more day-of-the-week specific events though. DD: I thought those daily siblings were awesome in GSC. And the people in the Goldenrod Underground. More like that please!
    Fugly Pokemon. Please view my Fugly Pokemon thread for my views on this issue.
    I think I've addressed this in the other thread. Probopass is awesome go away. ;_;
    Traditional definitions. What defines a legendary, a baby Pokemon, a starter, and fun have all changed in the world of Pokemon. Since when can legendaries have babies at the Daycare? Since when do Baby Pokemon have different types from their parents? (Normal -> Water) Since when could Bayleef (not Chikorita, mind you) be caught? Since when is bad taste fun?
    ...This just kinda seems like a nostalgia, "I hate change grrr" kind of thing. :/ You don't even touch upon the annoying part of legendaries. I hope it's addressed below.
    Bug Catching Contest and Safari Zone. Modern versions of these marvels (RSE Safari Zone and DPP Marsh) are far inferior to the originals. Who wants to go out of their way to catch a Pikachu?
    While I definitely miss the Bug Catching Contest, I don't really have a problem with the Safari Zone. It's more interesting now and enforces the "some Pokémon are rare idea. Pikachu's supposed to only be native to Viridian Forest or something, so obviously it's gonna be hard to find in other regions where they have to import them to their Safari Zones.
    EVs, Natures, 31 IVs, and Abilities. All of these things further complicated Competitive Pokemon and in-game Pokemon as well. Gengar is not a Flying-type, it should take damage from Earthquake. EVs make players train longer. Boring. Natures and IVs cause breeding mania and long-term depression.
    ...you don't notice it at all if you aren't a competitive battler and if you are, well, I haven't seen anyone else complaining about it; it adds a lot more strategy to competitive play. I'm not really into it myself (I'll pay attention to nature and ability but that's about it), but I appreciate how complex it can be all the same.
    Shorter Games. The shorter games actually provided more replay value... you knew you would have fun playing the game again and again because you wouldn't have to stop and train for hours just to get your Pokemon to level >9,000. The levels are very low in GSC (the first part) and that makes it so much more easy-going.
    Yeah, but if I'm paying $45~50 for a handheld game, I don't wanna play 20 hours. I can't play it again right away or else I'll be sick of it so I'd much rather play a 40 to 50-hour game and then play it again when the "third" game comes out. While I don't like the plots, I do like the amount of time I have to put into the game; it feels right.
    Nostalgia. Uh, yeah, duh.
    Agreed.

Kay yeah you didn't touch upon the point that makes me dislike these games and that's the Legendaries. There are too many. Diamond and Pearl has like 15 all on its own or something. That's ridiculous. They aren't rare, amazing, "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO HAVE THAT" Pokémon anymore, they're all over the damn place. :\ I just find it's overkill and that ruins the fun. (Plus I hate the fact that legendaries are so tied into the plot but I'm in the minority with that one, I think.)

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    How can you complain about contests? They are OPTIONAL. If you don't like them, don't enter them.
    Nintendo only added to the gameplay of RBY/GSC, nothing was taken away. How is it possible that so many people prefer the older games. There are less Pokemon, less attacks, no natures, no abilities and the only thing you could do was level up and beat gyms. there was nothing to do after catching Mewtwo or beating Red other than completing your pokedex and training more pokemon for no reason.
    RSE/DPP have so much more than the originals, both before and after the elite 4.
    All of the new features are optional, so if you don't want to do them don't do them.

If you ignore the storyline and the extra features then you'll notice that DPP is actually exactly the same as RBY with more pokemon, more attacks and more areas to explore.

Therefore, in my opinion, RSE + DPP > RBY + GSC.

Also, more legendaries = more pokemon which are actually difficult to catch = more time playing game.
    I love catching the legendary pokemon as it takes more strategy than catching regular pokemon, I especially love chasing the roaming legendaries. The only part I hate about legendaries is finding the roaming ones for the first time, a feature which was removed in DPP.

I also had fun with all the gyms in RSE and DPP, what's the point in just walking up to the gym leader and challenging them? A gym leader shouldn't have to accept everyones challenges so they only accept challenges from the trainers who actually manage to get to them.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Nintendo only added to the gameplay of RBY/GSC, nothing was taken away. How is it possible that so many people prefer the older games.
    A fair bit was taken from GSC when they created R/S. Yeah, you set the time but there were no timed events, they pretty much got rid of night and day, they dropped the phone call system (and brought it back worse in Emerald), and they got rid of Pokémon animations until Emerald which seemed really stupid to me. :/ Not to mention GSC was the only game to let you go back to previous regions which added a lot of extra gameplay. This affection toward the earlier generation isn't entirely unfounded.
    Also, more legendaries = more pokemon which are actually difficult to catch = more time playing game.
    I love catching the legendary pokemon as it takes more strategy than catching regular pokemon, I especially love chasing the roaming legendaries. The only part I hate about legendaries is finding the roaming ones for the first time, a feature which was removed in DPP.
    ...except it doesn't require THAT much more strategy. o_O; Besides from being really, really annoying in the sense that it takes forever to catch it because they practically repel pokéballs, there's no real challenge to me. Not to mention there are like 15 of them. I dunno but I'd much rather play GSC and get to go through another region to add to my Pokédex and gather more badges rather than trek through a bunch of extra caves just to catch a Pokémon that doesn't even seem very special. (I don't care how strong a legendary might be--when I'm on my way to get my 6th one of the game, the magic's lost. Period.)

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Then go away from these forums and play your crappy old games that you can beat in an hour and never play again.

New gens are so much better than the old ones it's not even funny.

Your reason #9 is so ****ing dumb I can't even begin to explain how much I am laughing at you. The whole reason they put in abilities is so things MAKE SENSE. Gengar is not a flying type, but he is a FRIGGIN GHOST! How does an Earthquake hurt him when he can FLOAT? Oh, but I understand that this is too complicated for you get wrap your simple mind around.

The metagame is balanced now. Before, it was unbalanced and unfun. Things didn't make sense. Dragon type was useless as it had one move that only did 40 damage. Psychic type destroyed everything. To say that the metagame is worse now than it was is just ****ing STUPID.

You remind me of a narrow-minded old man questioning why things aren't the same as when he grew up. Why, what are all these electronic doohickeys? When I was a kid all we had were sticks and rocks to entertain us! Since when did black people gain rights and start marrying white people? Man things are just too complicated nowadays, I like to live in my own little 12-year old world when things were simpler.

(Now mods, go ahead and warn me).

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Whilst I love GSC more than DPP, all the reasons you listed aren't really persuasive and to be honest, all of them aren't good reasons. Who cares about Manaphy eing breedable? Also, your argument about Safari Zone was a bit wasted too. True that the Bug Catching Contest was good, but saying that Safari Zone is rubbish isn't necessary. Also, DPP are quite short too. Took me about 2 days (argue if you want, I don't care.). You class seeing Dialga or palkia in a book a puzzle? Its going to be a bit obvious where it is.

Also, most of your reasons are opinions, so I can't really judge. You can't really say that DPP and RSE were rubbish though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2012
    Oh, and saying you like the first gens better is one thing. Saying they're better is another thing (opinion), and agreeing with the reasons listed here is still opinion.

Fixed.

There's nothing wrong with saying that the first two gens are better than the most recent two. Nothing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back