• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ + + ]Ready Steady Go~A Pokemon Academy RPG[ + + ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
    (Edited a bit, 3 years experience, and hes 6"6 XD to match the feraligatr theme

Fin watched from behind the stage, the humans were meeting the gijinkas. He didn't feel like going out there to meet them as yet. There was an awkward silence as the gijinkas stepped forward. Fin grinned as he saw the humans recoil at the sight of Sonia's fangs.

Slowly, but surely some of them started to talk, even the chinchou went out and talked to some trainer. The silence died away and soon everybody was talking, he didn't expect them to get used so quickly.

He looked at Tory, who nodded.

"Alright rookies, he yelled out as he walked around the stage.

He heard some surprised gasps from people as they noticed his height.

"I'm your student mentor, ya need some help or can't find your class, come to my dorm. Well, you probably don't know where my dorm is but... well whatever you guys look smart enough to figure it out." He finished his quick speech. Being student mentor was such a drag, but it was he who agreed to do it in the first place.

"So once you meet you can ask one of the gijinkas or returning trainers to show you your dorms or follow me, i dont really care; classes start tomorrow morning, and thats about it." He gave them a minute to let it sink in and then left the hall.

redandpikachu

What is read?
    Years
    The ice slowly began to break as one by one students started to talk to eachother. Kyo on the other hand hung back trying to be invisable to everyone as much as he could. Dang It! Why do you always have to be so dang shy! Kyo mentaly beat himself up. He slowly inched his way towards the kid who was introducing his Jumpluff to everyone. Kyo looked at the grass pokemon as it happily floated down to the ground remembering his own pokemon. "Umm... Hi my name's Kyo, umm... yeah. What's yours?"

--------

Del heard Sonia talking to the sketching kid, admiring his drawings with a stunned silence. She heard the student mentor trying to usher the kids up the stairs with a board and agrivated voice. She went over to the sketchy kid walking strait untill she could hear his pencil flying acrossed the paper. Del crossed her arms trying to understand what the picture would look like, but when she failed she asked him in her mock tough voice, "Hey Kid what ya drawing?" her wings were getting tired of staying tight agains her back so she let them out slightly trying to intimidate the kid if he was staring at her.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    "Hey, I'm Ted," he replied. "And this is Jumpluff!" Jumpluff bounced up and waved amiably. He looked at the other trainer, judging on how big a threat he'd be in a battle. Ted had already become a social forerunner in the new school, he wanted to keep it that way, especially when it comes to training. He thought he'd try to find out more about the other trainers, get a priliminary advantage.

"So, what's your story, you have any Pokemon?" he asked Kyo in a friendly manner, still trying to be friends, even if his competitive side had an angle of its own.

---

Aqua meandered around the chatting teens, noticed a few Gijinkas she knew, prominantly Sonia, talking to a trainer, she sort of lingering by, coming in to see what was going on. She noticed a few sketches laying by them, and being fairly artistic herself, noticed they were very well done.

"What are you drawing?" she asked before realising. She immediately sort of drifted beside Sonia and turned her unique color of purple that she blushed. The trainers Sneasal tilted its head and looked at her curiously, a bit defensive but fine. She blinked at it a few times and then looked up to see what the trainer thought.

redandpikachu

What is read?
    Years
    Kyo smiled thinking how easily Ted had talked back to him, "Yeah I have pokemon, Umm... let me see..." he fummbled around on his belt reaching for his two pokemon. He sent them both out in a hasty manner sending one rolling alittle before it let out its pokemon. An Umbreon and a Grovyel stood slightly confused about their where about looking at Kyo for anwsers. He looked at them with admiration, theses pokemon had turned his life around. "This is Hal," He pointed to Umbreon, "and this is Sam," he pointed to Grovyel. "I'm from Viridian city, never been anywhere else really." Kyo patted Sam happily thinking about how easy it was to talk to Ted. "What about you?"

--------

Del gave a half hearted laugh, "I wish I could see that kid, I really wish." She pointed to her black sightless eyes, "But I kind of have a little vision problem, so you mind explaining to me what you just drew? Oh, and I'm Del by the way and the wings weren't exactly my choice now were they." Del hoped once again that she was staring in the right place, "So Tyler is it?"

Del suddenly stiffened noticing the precence of another person, a Gijinka by the sound of the foot steps. Wait she knew those foot steps, "Aqua?"

Last edited:

Eos Aduro

Years
    "I'm from just outside Azalea Town, I lived on a farm before coming here. I have 3 other Pokes, ones a tad too big to send out, but heres my Medicham and Kingler," Ted replied, flipping out Pokeballs to let his two other Pokes pop out. He chose not to say that his other was a Rhydon, best to leave some secrets. Medicham looked round silently, absorbing new surroundings in her way. Kingler, looking a little frazzled by everyone, sat down and pickedup the spoon Jumpluff had thrown, looking into the shiny surface,

"Yeah, they're good Pokemon, strong too," Ted said, looking at his well trained Pokemon with pride. Medicham noticed Kyo's Grovyle, Sam, standing there, and went other and started speaking to it, although Pokemons speech always flew right over Ted's head.

---

Aqua, still at Sonias side, stared slightly afraid at Tylers Scizor, but realised people had been asking about her. "Oh, yes, like Del said, Im Aqua. We haven't met, but I heard Del say your name is Tyler correct?" she asked, suprising herself, that was quite a speech. Well, for her it was.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Kia looked around at all the commotion in the room. Gijinkas and humans were beginning to notice eachother and friendships were being made. This was exactly what Kia had wanted to happen when she first spoke up. Wow, that actually worked. Seeing the small groups forming and chatting, Kia decided to join. A trainer that seemed to be pretty good at drawing was making sketches of some of the Gijinkas that approached him, he must have thought that they were amazing. In a different area, a trainer with a jumpluff was talking to another human, they each sent out some more pokemon as well. Hmmm, getting to know eachother is good, but maybe they need to meet a Gijinka as well.

Quickly and quietly, Kia walked over to the two trainers. "Hey, what're you guys talking about?" Kia looked at their pokemon. A kingler, medicham, and jumpluff belonged to the trainer that she was pretty sure was called Ted. The other trainer, whom Kia didn't know the name of, had an umbreon and a grovyle. It was comforting to see anther dark-type, since they were so rare, even if umbreon was pure pokeomon. "You two have some pretty decent looking pokemon, you must have worked hard training 'em."

Dragax67

A Rookie Trainer raring to Go!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    Seth was sitting beneath a tree. he had snuck off the plane through the cargo hold and was trying to keep out of everyones way. He was with his Quilava, Typhlux. Staring at everyone talking to the Gijinkas, he absentmindedly stroked Typhlux, who was falling asleep beside him.
    Do I approach them? Or do I hide? he thought to himself. He stayed sitting at the tree, returned Typhlux and watched patiently, hoping someone would notice him, as he was shy around new people. As he sat beside the tree, an idea struck him. The plane hadn't taken off.
    Hehe... Time for a good prank of two...
    Seth stood up, and snuck inside the plane. He attached a rope to a seat, and jumped out. He tied the other end to a wooden post.
    "A masterpeice.... But it may be too dangerous.... Awh..." he ran back inside and untied the rope. As he walked out, he saw someone he knew standing outside.
    "Sophii..." Seth whispered under his breath. He turned and walked back to the tree, and closed his eyes.
    Time for a rest...

Sophii was standing at the edge of the crowd, watching the gijinkas as they talked and introduced themselves to the humans, and vice-versa. She decided she would introduce herself to one, but everyone was crowding around, so she hesitated.
    "I can wait..." she said to herself. She just smiled and walked around. Noticing the trainers and their Pokemon, some very experienced already, and others just beginning, and the gijinkas, talikng, drawing and making friends with the humans.
    "I wonder if Seth got the place here? I never saw him in the plane..." She ran into the crowd, and ran into a Sableye Gijinka talking to two trainers.
    "Oh.... I didn't mean to run into you..." She said blushing red. Staring at the Sableye, she had a thought go through her head.
    Maybe I can make a friend. Hopefully... She'll be kind.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Sonia was actually kind of surprised when Del came along. Giving her condition, she didn't think the Swellow would be interested in anything like this. But, she knew that Del had other ways of 'seeing' then most people. Though Sonia just sighed when Del said that she couldn't see the picture, but Tyler was kind enough to tell her. Another smile crossed the Arcanine's face when she saw Aqua join their little group.

"Well Tyler, I think you're drawing is really attracting all the females," Sonia commented with a laugh and playfully nudge the Aqua. "Even this little Chunchou has decided to join us. Quite the accomplishment, I have to say." She then raised an eyebrow when Aqua introduced herself and again laughed. "Well, this is different isn't it? I think you two could make quite the couple."

The Arcanine chuckled at her own joke and lightly rubbed her the Chinchou's head with her fist. Despite her joking behavior, she was happy that Aqua seemed to be opening up a bit more. Sonia took a quick second to look around to room to make sure that everything was alright before returning her attention to the group she was with.

"Hey Aqua, you should get this guy to draw ya," Sonia suggest with another nudge. "He's really good and I think you'll like it."

redandpikachu

What is read?
    Years
    Kyo noticed a Saybleye Gijinka aproach them asking "Hey, what're you guys talking about?" Kyo would have waited for Ted to anwser, but he was feeling a streak coming on so he said, "Our pokemon," he pointed to his Umbreon and Grovyel happily again. They were off casually talking with Ted's pokemon greeting and getting to know eachother. Kyo scratched the back of his head and asked her, "Umm... I'm Kyo, that's Hal," He pointed to his Umbreon, "And that's Sam," he pointed to Grovyel. "I'm sorry to ask you this right now, but could you by any chance talk to pokemon?"

-----------

"It's a picture of you." Tyler said and Del heard his uneven intake of breath that said he was surprised. He then began to talk to Aqua telling her about his drawings, after that he sent out his pokemon and introduced it to everyone.

Del heard Sonia nuddge Aqua playfully hearing Ted's pencil begin to scratch against the paper again.

"Well Tyler, I think you're drawing is really attracting all the females," Sonia commented with a laugh and playfully nudge Aqua. "Even this little Chunchou has decided to join us. Quite the accomplishment, I have to say. Well, this is different isn't it? I think you two could make quite the couple."

Del sighed saying, "Umm, yeah I'm flatered and all, but I think I'm going to barf if I hear any more noise than what's already here." Del indignantly wapped Sonia on the back of her head just hard enough to get her point made. She then crossed her arms and made a face that said she had been particaly kidding. Del guessed that she only had to be here untill they finished sorting out their classes.

Eos Aduro

Years
    Ted had been wondering the same thing himself. He looked at his Pokemon, who were getting along with Hal and Sam perfectly. He had always cared for them, and enjoyed there company, but speaking to them would be an enlightening experience. "Well, introductions first, I'm Ted, who might you be?" he asked the Sabeleye Gijinka.

---

"Wow, these are extremely good," Aqua told Tyler shyly, looking with interest at the skecthes of the Gijinkas. Del and Sonia roughhoused slightly beside her but she ignored them. She was a bit of an artist herself, but it was for the most part calligraphy. She scratched her cheek, she would have to take a swim pretty quick, her skin was drying out. She felt like asking the trainer if he would draw her, but she was a bit too shy and self concious to actually do it.

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
    Years
    Shortly after Kia had begun talking to the trainers, a girl bumped into her. As fast as her instincts would allow, Kia whipped around with a shadow claw ready, but then calmed down when she saw who it was. The purple glow faded from her fingertips as she released the energy of the shadow claw. "Oh, hi. It's okay that you ran into me, no problem," then she turned to the trainers "so the umbreon is Hal and the grovyle is Sam, and you are Kyo? Got it." Then she looked at the other trainer. "And you're Ted. Well, like I said earlier, I'm Kia. Nice to meet you two... no, you three." Kia then looked at the girl who had bumped into her. "What was your name? Oh well, I believe you guys wanted to know if I can talk to pokemon. The answer to that is well, yes (right Juu-Chan???). I can talk to pokemon. A lot of pokemon can understand human speech, so the only really hard part is understanding what they say. Since I'm part pokemon myself, I have a fairly good understanding of what pokemon are trying to tell you with their calls." Now Kia felt like she had maybe made some friends. Well that actually went quite smoothly. But I certainly don't think these humans are done talking, so I had best listen to what they havew to say. With this she looked at her three "friends" with her crystaline eyes, and waited for the load of responses she knew would come.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    ((Holy shiz, the rp started while I was away! ;_; Sorry about being inactive, but from now on I'll be able to actually get into this more =D ))

"Aww man, this is not good timing!" Neaken angrily muttered to himself as he rushed around the edge of the room as silently as he could. The room in question was quite large, and also the entrance to one of the most prestigous pokemon battling schools around. Not that Neaken would be learning how to battle with pokemon. No, he would just learn how to battle. Most would find this strange, and it was proved even more by the stunned looks of the humans that he caught glimpses of as he rushed onward. "Why is this room so big?" The non-human said to himself in frustration. He had just entered into the main room of the school with the other gijinkas, when he had a sudden urge to use the rest room.

Almost there! Neaken quickly made the home stretch to the door at the back off the room, which led to a long hallway with many doors on the side. It looked like each door was numbered, but Neaken couldn't tell for sure as he had to keep up the pace if he didn't want to be "that guy who couldn't hold it in" for the rest of the year. His thoughts turning to the other students, the kecleon gijinka grimaced as he realized he would be the only person not to have made acquaintances by now. "This is not good timing!" he said to himself for the second time. Where were the bathrooms in this place?! Eventually, Neaken saw what was now the most welcoming sight in the world to him, and hastily opened the door.

Cyan gazed down at his feet, standing at the edge of a crowd of people talking. He had been trying to get a word in to join the conversation, but everytime he thought of something to say he realized it sounded stupid, or at least just not interesting. Two of the people in question had jet black hair, and seemed to be related. The other was blonde and a little pudgey, and turned out to have a stammering problem. However, the most interesting person there was... well, they weren't really a person. Cyan hated himself for it, but he was still unerved by the gijinkas. Most people seemed to have settled in to a conversation with others, but Cyan just couldn't talk while looking at someone with the eyes of a yanma, or a tail that had a beady eyed, jet black head at the end. He was afraid. From all the conversations he had witnessed, the gijinkas acted like normal people, and some of them seemed really nice. But their looks were just too strange. I'll get used to them. Or... I hope I will.

Knowing that his attempts at the group he was currently watching were useless, Cyan walked over a bit untill he noticed a large gathering of people and gijinkas. After drifting around for a bit, he gathered enough to know that some guy named Tyler was going around and doing sketches of people for them. A little bit of jealousy came over Cyan, but he quickly snuffed it out. Still, being able to draw people so well would be neat. All Cyan ever did was make maps. He enjoyed it, yes, but sometimes he felt he would rather draw an actual person. He was about to walk up to who appeared to be Tyler, when he noticed that he was already being swarmed by other people. A bit too crowded for me... Cyan decided that for now any thoughts of conversation was a lost cause. He slowly retreated to a slightly less crowded corner of the room and took out a red and white spherical device from one of his pockets. "I'll probably regret this," Cyan muttered to himself gloomily as he released Imp, his croagunk. Imp took no time in trying to get away from Cyan to do God-knows-what to the nearest person, but Cyan was used to this and quickly grabbed Imp's arm. "No. I'm bored, so I'm going to talk to you. Deal with it," he said with a grin on his face. After all, he could always meet other people during classes tomorrow.

redandpikachu

What is read?
    Years
    Kyo thought to himself about the odd calls pokemon made to eachother, and actually understanding. He decided to ask them both another question, "So you heard about that weird 9 'o clock rule right? do you think its just because they want us to bed early? Or do you think they have another reason for it?" Kyo had been thinking about that since he had heard Mr. I put extreme enphisis on the word. He hoped that he hadn't been the only one to notice that.

------

Del moved away from the group puting one hand on her head because of an on coming head ache. Why did people have to talk so loud! Del's hearing had been sharper because of her blindness making her more sensitive to noises, thus giving her headaches. Del wanted to go somewhere quieter even if it still had people in it. She heard shuffling as somthing struggled to pull away from someone who was trying to talk to it. She listened closer to the voice making it out to be happy about something, "No. I'm bored, so I'm going to talk to you. Deal with it," Del couldn't stiffle her sarcastic comments, "Hey shut-in there happens to be about a million noisy living people everywhere telling eachother about there lives about a hundred times over! I'm pretty sure you could find a noisy person to talk to besides your unwilling buddy over there! did I mention how noisy everyone was!" Del sat down against a nearby wall holding her head with one hand allowing her other to go limp at her side. This would end up to be a long night.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    "Hey shut-in there happens to be about a million noisy living people everywhere telling eachother about there lives about a hundred times over! I'm pretty sure you could find a noisy person to talk to besides your unwilling buddy over there! did I mention how noisy everyone was!" Cyan looked up as he heard the annoyed sounding comment directed at him, no doubt because they had over heard him talking to Imp. He was about to give a retort right back to the cross sounding girl, when he realized that she wasn't exactly human. This was a gijinka, with great, intimidating wings and red markings on her face. Cyan couldn't help surpressing a slight yelp of fright. This particular gijinka was much taller than Cyan, which added to her impressive appearance.

"Um, well... I didn't really... I mean... It was..." Cyan, to his dissapointment, found that he was at a loss for words. Just saying 'I couldn't talk to anyone,' wouldn't be a very good excuse. Wait, but now he was talking to someone. Cyan had already given up on conversation, but maybe he could salvage this day after all. Besides, even though he was still unerved by the fact the girl was a gijinka, she actually looked nice, despite being in a foul mood. Maybe he could actually make a friend, something that he hadn't done since moving to Snowpoint. "Well, what I meant to say was, um, I didn't feel like being in a place too crowded. Also, like you said, it is pretty loud over there. Imp here is a lot more quiet," he finished, feeling that he had done an okay job at being social. He just hoped that the swellow gijinka wouldn't snap at him again.

Neaken took another picture, shouting at the top of his lungs. He wasn't really aware of what he was saying, he just liked adding to the general noise. His camera was glued to his eye as he went around asking people for pictures and randomly giving people high fives. Most didn't react to kindly to this, but he just moved on. He could feel his unbuttoned shirt flowing behind him as he weaved through the groups of people, showing off his bright orange chest. He had decided for a real attention grabbing color for this occasion, trying to make up for the lost time during which he was in the restroom. A few people had begun to follow him, but he didn't have time to chat with only a few people right now. His mission was to get as much attention as possible, and then he would start talking to individuals. "Hey you, ya, you with the crazy eyes!" He shouted to a sableye gijinka who was obviously already busy talking to other people. "Want a picture?" Neaken continued, not caring that the gijinka probably didn't want one. As long as he got to meet some more people, he'd be fine.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    "Ow!" Sonia gasped when Del hit her, rubbing her sore head. "What the heck was that for? I wasn't talking about you!" But then the Arcanine sighed as she saw the Swellow walk away. "Man that girl has a temper..."

Sonia then turned back to her little group and noticed Aqua scratching her cheek and the slight concern on her face. She tilted her head, a little bit confused, but then remembered the water type gijinka had to wet her skin every now and then. The Arcanine smiled and patted the Chinchou gijinka on the head while saying, "You know, you can go and dive quickly in the water if you want to. I'll make sure to keep our spot here. So don't worry about about not being able to find your newest boyfried."

Dragax67

A Rookie Trainer raring to Go!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    Sophii had jumped back when the Sableye Gijinka swung with a Shadow Claw, but after she had calmed down and asked for her name, she stared at her and smiled.
    "My names Sophii. Nice to meet you. And you two boys.... Nice to meet you too. what are your names?" she asked the two. She went inside her Pokeball pocket and pulled out a Luxury Ball. She threw it, and out came Queen, her ironically named Nidoqueen. She stroked Queen and thought to herself happily.
    Yup, I definitely have at least one friend here at the academy.

Seth was watching everyoe from behind the tree when he sent Typhlux out again. He had stared at the Quilava, who was half-asleep. It yawned and cureld up. Seth knew he would be safe and decided to go for a walk. He went and looked out at the open sea, and saw a flock of Wingull flying over, and a yellow glow where Chinchou and Lanturn swam beneath the surface. He then saw a blue flash go past at lighning speed before hearing it cry out.
    "Woah.... What was that? Did you see that Typhlux?" No answer. "Typhlux?" Still no answer. Seth turned and ran back to the tree nearby. Typhlux had vanished. Obviously he had gone for a walk himself.
    "Hey, Anyone? Can you help me? My Quilava's gone and I don't know where. He was asleep under the tree near the beach." Seth called to everyone.
    I knew something would happen. On the first day, too....

redandpikachu

What is read?
    Years
    Del looked up towards the celing seeing nothing but the ususall darkness, she sighed. The kid that she had been recently talking to began to stutter an anwser at her, "Um, well... I didn't really... I mean... It was..." Del would have hit him, but she remembered how she had been told that some people took that seriously. So instead she simply said to him in an iritated voice, "Come on spit it out kid!"

The kid took a deep breath as if he were gathering his thoughts and said, "Well, what I meant to say was, um, I didn't feel like being in a place too crowded. Also, like you said, it is pretty loud over there. Imp here is a lot more quiet," Del smiled to herself leaning her head against the wall with her eyes closed, "Yeah, I guess you might be the only other one who decides that they still need their hearing when they get old. The name's Del," she stuck her hand out in his general direction, hoping that he would take it so she wouldn't look like an idot blind kid.

Eos Aduro

Years
    "Yeah, Im Ted," he answered to Kia. "Wow, its incredible that you can talk to Pokemon! That must be an amazing feeling!" He was incredibly jealous of the Gijinkas, after the initial shock, there true skills and beauty shone out in glorious color. He really hoped he would spend more time with them.

"Yeah, the 9'o clock thing seems weird, Kia do you know anything about it?" he asked the Gijinka casually.

---

Aqua had snuck away from the crowd to slip into the water for a quick second. Her skin was getting itchy, but she stayed on shore for a little while longer. From her pockets she dug out a long piece of paper and a small brush and inkwell. Sitting on the rocks of the island, her light glowing brightly to allow her to see, she wrote about the day, how she'd met some human trainers and a few Pokemon, and had been especially social. She wrote about how she felt around the new trainers, shy, but curious at the same time. Her writing was in beautiful calligraphy, she had much practice. When she was done, she rolled her paper into a bottle a threw it out to see. She whispered under her breath. "That was a big day Dad, I hope you find this one."

For years, Aqua had sent notes to her lost father in messages from bottles, even though she knew he would probably never find them, but it was good to keep hope alive. She slid into the water, soaking her itching skin.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Cyan shook his new acquaintance's, Del's, hand, glad that she wasn't being hostile for the moment. It had been a little difficult for him to gather the courage to shake hands with an actualy gijinka, but now he felt ashamed of himself for being afraid in the first place. They really are just like normal people... He was glad to have managed to talk to someone now, even if he wasn't sure what to say. Deciding that he didn't want Imp to sneak off while he was preoccupied with Del, Cyan returned the pokemon to his pokeball. Imp didn't seem very happy about this, but Cyan just made a mental note to let him out once he was in a less populated area. Thinking about Imp, Cyan realized something. "So, Del, I was wondering... Can you understand what pokemon are saying? Like, from what they say, not just expresions?"

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Sonia watched Aqua walk off to wet her skin and then looked back at the other students. She couldn't help but smile as she saw Del talking to a boy who looked like he was uncomfortable with the gijinka. The Arcanine didn't really care if people were nervous or uncomfortable. That would only be expected since they were different and it's not like they were the more intimidating then their Pokemon counter part. As long as no harsh words were said or any blows were thrown, then everything would be just fine.

"Well...I wonder how this year will be," Sonia muttered to herself. "These kids seem nice enough and a couple of them even have interesting hobbies like this Tyler kid that draws and that one kid that seesm to take pictures. This all seems very good so far...but we'll have to see to blieve that this will go well."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back