• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real Myth's in a Hack?

Years
  • I'm most likely going to try and involve the Norse creatures known as Valkyries in my hack as the main legendaries, but I want everyone elses opinion on this or using any other type of Greek, Nordic, etc. myths

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Weelll they did put a one in Sinnoh...

It's all right, but make them pertain to the area your region is based off of.

For example, don't put Mt. Olympus in Hoenn. That doesn't fit well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Well I've got some "real myths" in my hack.

I've got a mermaid, a dryad and a manticore in mine as my legendaries.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I'm Greek (just saying) and I never considered using existing myths in my (pokemon) hacks. However, my native language is always good for coming up with names, and that I took advantage of, thoroughly.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    I'm Greek (just saying) and I never considered using existing myths in my (pokemon) hacks. However, my native language is always good for coming up with names, and that I took advantage of, thoroughly.
    That's cool. I always have to look up stuff and even then I don't always come up with good names. lol

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
    Years
  • Uhhhh...i really don't know....
    It's like if i would ask u...i u want a Zeus pokemon that is God and fights all the time with his Hades brother pokemon??
    Not meant rude or anything...but as Ray maverick said own myths would be better than some people knows....i wont know almost any of the real one anywasy...but ur own myth would be much nicer :)

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Every Gen has Pokemon based on myths (loosely, though). Go for it.

xephos

xephos Inc.
    Years
  • I would say just re-create a whole new game completely rather than going off a base ROM

Back