• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Real pokemon guru

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    To do that in real life, one would need a computer which could scan and memorize the exact molecular construct of the being, and have a way to basically vaporize and re-materialize the structure and replace the bioelectrical pulses as they were, exactly as they were before. This also rubs me the wrong way on the sentience issue, but meh. Even it that were possible, it'd likely take very large, expensive equipment to do. That's why I like the idea of matter simply being able to transition into a form of energy (we've referred to it as data), and turned back.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I know right.

Next question please(I'll only do this in the same post. I won't make seperate Next question please posts anymore).

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Here's a question, if the thread is just dying, why can't you just allow that to happen rather than pulling it unwillingly back to life with inane double posts?

An actual question: how do shinys work? How come they sometimes end up completely differently coloured, even if they're living lumps of rock? And why are all the shiny Golem, for example, all the same colour, rather than just being random colours?

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Let's remember that shinies are a game phenomenon. In the actual world of pokemon, you do see greater colour differentiation. Pinkin Island pokemon are not shiny yet are pink. Pokemon native to the Orange Islands occasionally have a more tropical look to them (search that yourself if you need pics). Then we've got that grossly overrated Pichu. There's surely more examples I'm missing...

So how do some shinies have minute differences like Gastrodon, Happiny, and Garchomp while others are much more different? Let's look at Project R...anyone recall this? You'd better since we're returning to Johto. It was the codename for TR's plot at the Lake of Rage. They were testing radio signals to "control" pokemon, and the result was a prematurely-evolved Magikarp where the Gyarados had more Magikarp-esque colours. There's no use debating that that Gyarados isn't shiny; it had the shiny bling in GSC.

Clearly, shinyness can be induced by unfavourable exposure to forms of radiation. Excess UV radiation exposure might lead to the Orange Archipelagos' off-coloured pokemon, while other forms could lead to what we know as shinies. Take a look at Cradily. It retains is Lileep colour just like Gyarados and the Magikarp colour (again, roughly).

However, I know someone will point out that not all shinies follow that pattern. Some could easily be the result of, simply, location. There's more than one of every shiny but not enough to go 'round, so I'll label them all as endangered species. If you've got a population of Tropius that strays from the densly-forested 120-Fortree area to the beaches by Lilycove, then (assuming they don't return), over a long period of time, they'll take on a more yellowish colour to fit their, uh...beach habitat. We could play this game all day. Grimers go green due to living in different hazardous substances as opposed to the usual "sludge" which happen to have the same colour as them. I would not be surprised at all if there are blue and brown Grimers, too.

It doesn't necessarily explain Golem specifically, but it's a start.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    1st I don't stop because maybe the questions are fun to answer. And that's just your opinion on my answers. your's aren't so great either.

2nd shinies come about the same way albino animals come to be: they enherit the reccesive or dominant traits from their parents. It's just that those traits are more rare to be born with..

templekeeper

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    It's just that those traits are more rare to be born with..
    That doesn't work with any modern genetics I understand. The frequency of a parent having one is, well, you know the odds...1/8192. Ooh, I got one! How does the Masuda method actually work? xD[/youdon'thavetoanswerthat...stupidquestion]

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Well like I said it's like the outcome of an albino animal. The outcome is very rare, and it would need the right allele combonation to turn oyut as an albino

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • yah, but Albinos are albinos because they have a large melanin defecit. Melanind gives our skin a more brownish colour so without it, we look paler.

So how would that make a Pidgey GOLDEN? Or a Gyarados red? perhaps for the pidgey, it has more of a certain pigment...but that doesn't explain why there aren't pidgey's with too much light brown pigment or too much black pigment. The gyarados makes NO sense because normally, a gyarados doesn't even HAVE any red pigment, so it would have to somehow mutate in a way that it created an entirely new pigment. Which again raises the question of why every shiny gyarados is specifically red.

Edit: sorry tk, I missed your first post re: the shinys :d that made a lot more sense ;)

btw, Ink, I didn't actually make any comment on the quality of your answers, I was just pointing out that you repeatedly doublepost even though its against the rules. Thanks for the implied insult though, that was appreciated :D

templekeeper

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Which again raises the question of why every shiny gyarados is specifically red.
    I answered that on the last page-
    Let's remember that shinies are a game phenomenon. In the actual world of pokemon, you do see greater colour differentiation. Pinkin Island pokemon are not shiny yet are pink. Pokemon native to the Orange Islands occasionally have a more tropical look to them (search that yourself if you need pics). Then we've got that grossly overrated Pichu. There's surely more examples I'm missing...

So how do some shinies have minute differences like Gastrodon, Happiny, and Garchomp while others are much more different? Let's look at Project R...anyone recall this? You'd better since we're returning to Johto. It was the codename for TR's plot at the Lake of Rage. They were testing radio signals to "control" pokemon, and the result was a prematurely-evolved Magikarp where the Gyarados had more Magikarp-esque colours. There's no use debating that that Gyarados isn't shiny; it had the shiny bling in GSC.

Clearly, shinyness can be induced by unfavourable exposure to forms of radiation. Excess UV radiation exposure might lead to the Orange Archipelagos' off-coloured pokemon, while other forms could lead to what we know as shinies. Take a look at Cradily. It retains is Lileep colour just like Gyarados and the Magikarp colour (again, roughly).

However, I know someone will point out that not all shinies follow that pattern. Some could easily be the result of, simply, location. There's more than one of every shiny but not enough to go 'round, so I'll label them all as endangered species. If you've got a population of Tropius that strays from the densly-forested 120-Fortree area to the beaches by Lilycove, then (assuming they don't return), over a long period of time, they'll take on a more yellowish colour to fit their, uh...beach habitat. We could play this game all day. Grimers go green due to living in different hazardous substances as opposed to the usual "sludge" which happen to have the same colour as them. I would not be surprised at all if there are blue and brown Grimers, too.

It doesn't necessarily explain Golem specifically, but it's a start.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    I thought you were insukting the quality of my answers. Sorry bout that. I didn't mean what I said.

I got one for the shinies. It's a very rare defect when two pokemon of different species breed. The male physical charactristics sneak their wayin there and it turns out a different color.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Or maybe those who turn out shiny(who have a birth defect) are infertile I suppose.

templekeeper

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    That wouldn't work. Since the Pokeradar, I can safely argue that, while incredibly uncommon, if you sift through populations, you're bound to find several shinies. They must be able to reproduce; that would explain why, against the odds, we have so many of them. A shiny and a nonshiny yields a nonshiny, but, perhaps, that "combination" would never naturally occur outside of a Day-Care center...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    And so ends the legend, of the real pokemon guru...never mind

Last edited:

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Why is the thread dead? Did something happen?

About the shiny thing, I agree with what templekeeper said about different enviroments changing the way a pokemon looks, or with radiation affecting them. There may be a recessive pigment of color in every pokemon that is the same for any species, so all Gyarados' have a recessive red color in them, and with the odd mutation a pokemons color will change to that of whatever is recessive in it's genes.

aipom man

the aipom and ambipom master
    Years
  • the only time i ever saw a shiny pokemon was back in the old days of emerald it was a zigzagoon and it was in the battle tower so i couldnt catch it

is anyone here if you are say i

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    Well, there are hardly, if any, questions on this thread. I will bring it back if I get enough questions, and if you guys want it back.

Plus my rep is getting worse and worse, so I don't even know if I'll stay here.

Last edited:

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    I like this thread, and I dont care about Rep, so Ill continue it.

Any questions about Pokemon?

And so this isn't a useless bump, I'll pose a question as well.

how do normal Pokemon use weather changing moves, besides ones like Dragonair, Bronzong, and the Weather Trio?

Back