• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Punk

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Okay you guys. Many of you have been posting stuff:
    "Yeah, I'm punk. I listen to stuff like Avril Lavign, Good Charlotte, and Sum41"
    Sorry to tell you this, but NONE of that stuff is punk. Thursday is NOT punk, stuff like that is pop music that are tryying to emulate punk without actually getting into the detail of it all.

REAL punk bands are:
    The Misfits
    The Exploted
    Anti-Flag
    SEX Pistols

And I doubt any of you actually listen to stuff like that, if you do, then tell me, that would be cool.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    The only ppl I listen to on that list are the Sex Pistols and The Misfits..never heard of the other ones. I am not really that big of the Real punk rock band...I am more of a hard rock and alternative rock fan.

And...you better add green day to that list right now...cause they fawkin rock more than anyone...

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN said:
    I'm with him^^^^^(Ampros23)

Green Day is so a punk band.

I've never heard of a couple of those bands either.

Just don't spam the punk rock club, or I will seriously report you, seriously.
    Don't worry, I won't spam your club.
    But seriously, Green Day is not punk. They are alternative, I will not go far enough to say they are pop (eww...) Because I myself like Gren Day.

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    My mom listens to all that stuff. She was one of the original people of punk. (She was born in 1974) So, yeah, I'm pretty familiar with that stuff, it's cool! ^__^ ~origin

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    xXxLaYdee0rIgInxXx said:
    My mom listens to all that stuff. She was one of the original people of punk. (She was born in 1974) So, yeah, I'm pretty familiar with that stuff, it's cool! ^__^ ~origin
    Wow, that's cool. Did she star any riots? lol.
    Punks hate me....because I'm goth (at least, that is what people label me as). I like to listen to some punk music though. I have Exploited and stuff like that.

AFI USED to be punk, they turned goth for some reason... I wonder why? But Davi Havok sure looks good now...

EvIL_CAjUN_CHIkIN said:
    please don't go there...(the pop thing)

they still are kinda punk, I'd think, but hey! I don't think much!!!
    lol, I won't. I'm going to stay with alternative.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Dont even start I am goth I am punk I am...whatever...all of that is bull. Why do you want to be in a catagory????

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Amphros23 said:
    Dont even start I am goth I am punk I am...whatever...all of that is bull. Why do you want to be in a catagory????
    I don't really like labels.
    Funny thing punks normally hate goths, and vise versa, but my first boyfriend was a punk, which is why I now listen to the Exploited...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I'll go ahead and move this to OE ^^ But I do agree with the first post, most people today are confused by Pop/Punk and and Rock. Seeing bands like GC and SP labeled as Punk and Rock is really annoying...I just call it the Pop of the new age XD

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I dont like labels but it fun to label ppl when you see ppl on the street or in the mall or whatever. I dont even know how to classify punk anymore cause ppl have distorted it so much...

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Blue said:
    I'll go ahead and move this to OE ^^ But I do agree with the first post, most people today are confused by Pop/Punk and and Rock. Seeing bands like GC and SP labeled as Punk and Rock is really annoying...I just call it the Pop of the new age XD
    Thanks for movie this to the right place Blue, I wasn't sure where it went which is why I put it in Other Chat.

Amphros23 said:
    I dont like labels but it fun to label ppl when you see ppl on the street or in the mall or whatever. I dont even know how to classify punk anymore cause ppl have distorted it so much...
    yeah, lol. Well, old school punk guys whould wear jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket, and put band logos and stuff on their jackets. They wore their hair in moehawks or had devil locks, and for some reason the girls seemed to look like whores, or dressed like guys...Kind of weird...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    "I dont like labels but it fun to label ppl when you see ppl on the street or in the mall or whatever."

Dear sweet mother of that guy I hate, the sheer hypcricy is mind-numbing...

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    There is a difference between a musical genre and a label DT, but with people they're usually labeled...Which I don't do....Then again this post was hypocritial of itself XD

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    "I dont like labels but it fun to label ppl when you see ppl on the street or in the mall or whatever."

Dear sweet mother of that guy I hate, the sheer hypcricy is mind-numbing...
    lol, I don't like it when people label me. But it happens all the time, so have to live with it.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    But he said he didn't like labels, yet thinks its fun to label people, kinda hyopcritical

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I listen to bands like Thursday and Taking Back Sunday, but I don't call them punk. I personally don't like to label music but I do have to agree Greenday is deffentally not punk rock, more of pop, although I do listen to there old stuff.

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Scyther5 said:
    I listen to bands like Thursday and Taking Back Sunday, but I don't call them punk. I personally don't like to label music but I do have to agree Greenday is deffentally not punk rock, more of pop, although I do listen to there old stuff.
    lol, I'm glad that you understand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back