• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Reputation Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Pretty simple and clever, but somehow I don't think it would be that easy to edit the coding.

Besides, people with heaps of reputation who are nice can then boost those who don't if they do something good so nobody's slugging along. Like I boost the occasional newbie that comes along.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    There's no coding necessary. The maximum amount of rep given is configurable via the Admin CP. ^^;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I don't think resetting will help.
    People will still continue to give bad rep, which seems to hurt some people's feelings -it doesnt seem to matter how much of their rep is taken away, its just seeing the red block that seems to hurt their feelings :\

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Forgive and forget, that's my motto. Look, if you can't learn to ignore people if they say something bad about you, then you'll never learn to move on. There's always going to be people who dislike you for whatever reason, and you've just got to get used to that and move on.

As for reputation itself, what's said is said and what's done is done. Time to move on, ignore those people who say bad stuff, and realise that reputation, bad or good, means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Meh. I don't really care about rep, but some people do, and take it too seriously. In some cases, it's not their fault, because people have feelings too. But in other cases, it's just wannabe important-ness.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Now that I think about it, I've never gotten a bad rep point that didn't have a decent explanation behind it. ^_^;;

Isaac Gravity

Supports hot-bloodedness
    Years
    (shrugs) To most rep is the end of the world...If they want to be a one upper they'll toss you a little rep, they dislike you for whatever paranoid reason they consider relevant they'll click ya a bad one.

Trouble brews.

And this is why we're all here talking I suppose. :\

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    We all get bad rep now and then guys, and yeah a lot of the time there is no decent reason behind it, but since there are only one or two people who actually have negative rep, it shows that your good rep definately outweighs the bad ^^

This could just be left open for anyone who has other concerns or questions to post ^^

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I think that mabye, we should have a voteoff on to keep rep or not, like with the president voteing we had. We could put some other stuff on it too, but many people (me XD) Want rep outta here, and some want it to stay. because I know that you just can't turn off rep and have some members get mad over it.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Ohhh.... but mabye we should have an offical one, set by the higher members, you know, like the President voting, and count the votes, along w/ mabye some other stuff, like the Admendments in politics, if ya get what I mean! XD We need to see what everybody thinks and make a decision over it!

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    I'll say its enough talk about reps...This thread is getting too many ideas (some by me too) that are not gonna be implemented coz they cannot and some are just bad ideas.
    We can just leave it at this and the members are allowed to choose whether they want rep or not, so there isnt any big problem. If someone doesnt like rep then they can disable it now. So I think we should let it all be the way it is now and not change anything. Most of the ideas are going nowhere and neither is this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back