• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really need help identifying this card

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2017
    It's a Poliwag Trainer 2nd Edition. I literally cannot find anything related to it. I don't believe it's a fake. I believe it's from the gym trainer set but I can't find anything. Please help!!!

Attachments

• Really need help identifying this card
      IMG_0071.jpg
      598.2 KB · Views: 11
    • Really need help identifying this card
      IMG_0072.jpg
      621.1 KB · Views: 3
    Years
    It's a Poliwag Trainer 2nd Edition. I literally cannot find anything related to it. I don't believe it's a fake. I believe it's from the gym trainer set but I can't find anything. Please help!!!

Okay, so, this, unfortunately for you, is actually a counterfeit/fake. Basically, what the counterfeiter did was take a real card, the one used in this case being Koga's Ninja Trick, and altered it as a counterfeit before printing it. One of the things they did was replace the card's name with "Poliwag" written in the incorrect font. The second thing they did was alter the card image with an unofficial image of Poliwag. And the other thing they did was stamp that "2nd Edition" stamp onto the card. The thing is, no card in Pokemon TCG history has ever been second edition, and the "Edition" is in the incorrect formatting anyway.

Anytime you hear someone talking about a "second edition" card, it's either a counterfeit or from the Base Set 2 set, which has a set symbol that looks like the below image:

In your case, yours is a counterfeit.

Back