• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reck's Return

Reck

?????
Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    "Reck's Return"

Hello people of Pokecommunity, remember me? I'm a tile artist that used to be very active on the forums. Well, I'm back and ready for a second try. I have created some new tiles for your use, but I have a new condition if you want to use my tiles… you must leave a comment in my thread and of course give me credit. The reason for the new condition is that in my previous thread I rarely ever got any comments. Also a new thing, I will be taking requests. They will of course be made public. Unless you give me a good reason why they should not be. Also, the tile(s) must be pokemon related. So let us review the contract you must agree to. It is short and to the point.

" I (user of Reck's tiles) agree to give Reck full recognition for my use of his tiles and, to leave a comment on his thread (preferably a constructive comment)"

Okay that's all then. Now let the comments loose, and usage begin. By the way, for every other post I will create a new tile (e.g. if my thread has 20 posts I will create 10 new tiles)

Side Note: I will take all requests via, this thread, PM, or visitor message.

Tiles:
    Reck's Return

Requested Tiles Being made (1/3):
    [FONT=&quot]
    Cave Tiles
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I think you've improved a lot in your trees, but I still don't like the buildings... they just seem so bland to me. yet it's not the concepts that are bad, I just don't really like the way they are sprited...

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Wow. Great tiles. The gym/pokecenter/pokemart actually look more building like for a change. ( Compared to real game buildings ).

Thanks

Perfect for hacked games its pokemart looks cool and P.C Is more big it shows it have 2nd floor :P

Again Thanks
    I think you've improved a lot in your trees, but I still don't like the buildings... they just seem so bland to me. yet it's not the concepts that are bad, I just don't really like the way they are sprited...

Bland in what way? What do you mean you don't like the way the sprited? Please Elaborate

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I don't really know how to put it, they just seem kinda drab and lifeless. yes they are well sprited, but they don't seem to have much personality. the pokecenter is okay, but the mart and the gym need some work. If I were in a city with that gym, I'd be like "oh, here's just another gym..." It just looks too generic, not something the player would reapeatedly want to see.

Dots

Temporary Avvie. ^^'
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2012
    I have to agree with the rest on this point.

Your tiles are amazing, but the colors you've picked for them detracts from the design of the building. Maybe you could use the colors from in-game buildings and see if it'll look better?

Other than that, I'd really like to see more, so keep those tiles coming. ^^

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I don't really know how to put it, they just seem kinda drab and lifeless. yes they are well sprited, but they don't seem to have much personality. the pokecenter is okay, but the mart and the gym need some work. If I were in a city with that gym, I'd be like "oh, here's just another gym..." It just looks too generic, not something the player would reapeatedly want to see.

I updated the gym... hows it look now?

Like to request cave tiles.

Alrighty that will be next.

They seem to dull in coloring if you ask me, but otherwise they are great.

Dull in coloring? as in you don't like the pallet?

I have to agree with the rest on this point.

Your tiles are amazing, but the colors you've picked for them detracts from the design of the building. Maybe you could use the colors from in-game buildings and see if it'll look better?

Other than that, I'd really like to see more, so keep those tiles coming. ^^

The pallets are from in-game...

Anyway I updated the first post... I fixed the gym and all outlines(no more black outlines!)

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • That looks much better. That's something that player would very much enjoy seeing compared to normal town/city tiles, yet you wouldn't want to see it all time merely because it looks so custom. Don't fell like i'm pressuring you to make another gym though. The buildings look much softer (that's a good thing). About the colors, it's the classic desaturation thing. you either love it or you hate it.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Alright I added two houses (don't worry cave tiles will come soon) I'm more than likely going to change the roof color... think i should?

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    What do you mean what happened to the outlines? I made them lighter do you prefer dark ones?

Anyway I added another house... Comments if you don't mind... BTW how do you like my new avatar?

Back