• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recruitment: Looking for Good Manga Artists!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vearth

Magikarp
Years
  • Hello Everyone! I have been a member here a long time but this is my first actual post!!
    Let's get onto why this thread exists.

Attention to all and any Manga artists out there!!! I wish to make an amazing story but I don't have any art skills to do so!

SO, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

I want any artist that can draw high quality, Japanese Manga at a reasonable speed. This only for people willing to do some work for free currently (sorry, but I can't pay you right now, don't have enough money...).

For those of you adventurous enough to try to help me, please read my requirements first.

Requirements:

1. I am a perfectionist and also a very picky person. Since this is my story, I will be, in essence, telling you what to draw. If for some reason I don't like your drawing, it has nothing to do with your own personal art style/skill and neither is it a personal attack onto you. I simply want it to be perfect, absolutely perfect. Meaning it cannot have what I consider to be "flaws". "Flaws" will be explained if you get accepted.

2. You may/may not be working in a team (depending on the applicants and what work I may have for you). I hope this doesn't bother you. If it does, tell me, I'll try to get you into work that's more fit for you, socially speaking.

3. Regarding work, the stories I have are pretty big (in my own opinion), so be prepared for a lot of work. Don't worry, I'm new at writing so I'll try to assign work at a reasonable rate. You can talk to me if you want more/less work if it bothers you that much.

4. Regarding you, the artists in particular. I don't care who you are, so don't worry about discrimination (unless you've done a crime in the past or have been arrested before). I'll accept anyone who has the art style and work ethic I'm looking for.

5. Regarding respect, I am a nineteen-year old college student hoping to publish his dream work as a Manga book series. I am also a bit anti-social, but I can be social if I need to be. This is a very important thing to me and is very close to my heart so please show respect to my dreams and me as well. That being said, the people you may or may not be working with also need to have respect shown to them as well. I want the work environment to be accepting, hard-working, and professional. Remember, treat others how you wish to be treated.

6. Those who wish to apply/help need to give me this information: Full Name (anything I can use to refer to you by), any experience regarding Manga drawings and making Manga, what times you can work during the year, and how you would like to work/help out making the Manga series I'm writing (basically, what work do you prefer doing/are good at). I absolutely need a work of yours, something I can see so I can judge whether or not you are someone I'm looking for. Any drawing works but preferably a collection of varied works that showcase and display the many skills you have at Manga drawing, like coloring, shading, detailed and simple art styles and Character poses, etc.

Send that information to: [email protected] in a formal and politely mannered way. That account was made specifically for that purpose and I will be checking it at least once a day.

7. I am very new to the Authoring business so If I appear to be a newbie at it, then please take it easy on me. Currently I have no manuscript and barely a story at all. Though I do have a basic gist of what the story will be, so, I'm asking very politely, please bear with me if you choose to help out.

8. Regarding pay, I currently do not have any money to pay you guys with, however, if my series gets published and does well in the business, then I will pay you generously. I'll even pay the amount you should have earned when you worked for free. This is only IF the story becomes successful. The profit I earn from this is really secondary, my main focus is to write an awesome series that can inspire others into doing something amazing.

9. Regarding the types of work I may ask you to do. Simply put, you must be able to draw Manga in a simple, but awesome way. Sometimes I may want you to do a colorful, super-detailed picture. Other times, I may ask you to draw something simple. I will definitely ask you to do the Manga-style panels on each page. You must be able to do all, or if not, at least some of the work I ask you to do. Yes, character drawings are also part of the work and I will ask you to do probably a lot of them. All of the work must be as high-quality and as professional as possible.

10. Regarding the work itself. Simply put, you must be able to do artwork similar to Manga and Anime, some examples include: Nisekoi Manga, Baka to Testo to Shokanjuu, Naruto, and many more. Ask an Otaku about them or watch/read some Anime/Manga to get a basic gist of it. You don't need to copy the styles or anything, just draw as similarly and as professionally as them. Also, I don't care if it's hand drawn or digital, as long as the work is high-quality and as professional as it can be at your current skill level as an artist.

11. Regarding my job as an Author. If you accept, don't worry about any publishing or writing, that's my job as the author. Remember, this is a team effort. Besides, you'll probably have your hands full with the work I assign you.

12. If you have any suggestions to make our work better in any way, don't be afraid to voice them to me or your workmates. If you are too shy or want only me to know, then just talk to me in private about it and I'll see what I can do to fit them into the work.

That's.....it, I think. I hope I wasn't too detailed writing this paper. I just wanted everyone to know what you'll be getting into if you start helping me out.

That being said, Thank you to anyone who is willing to me out. I currently have one other person helping me out, a friend of mine. He's a nice guy.

If you're interested in helping me out, please submit your info.

Years
  • To be honest you can't expect high quality manga and it being made fast for free. That's a lot of work. I've heard that only like the really good mangakas make around 3-5 pages a day with almost no sleep. I highly doubt someone would give up their sleep and time for a "charity" .

Also unless you're Japanese there is almost no chance for you to succeed in that business.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back