• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red Gyarados?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I just don't think the new red Gyarados sprite looks cool anymore.
    The old one was shiny, like a feeeeeesh. The new one just looks sort of pasty.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    As long as they don't make Gyarados look to overly done, then I'm fine, but it just needs to be there.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think Red Gyarados will still be in it. Mainly because it was, after all, one of the many hints given in D/P towards HG/SS.

Yes, but who knows if it is going to be there just because of the TV show. DPPT had a storyline to the red Gyarados so yeah.

Maybe that could've gave a hint that there would be a remake and the Red Gyarados would still be in it, but we'd have to wait and get some more news.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    i think it should just know a move or something or be capable of learning fly because it is a flying type

Wait, a Gyarados with the move fly? If that were to happen it'd most likely be an event because that would be very rare.

I think that the Red Gyarados should be be back in the game and it should learn regular Gyarados moves. For example, Dragon Rage, Twister, etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I would laugh if you could see the red Gyarados but couldn't catch it.
    And if we can catch it, I certainly hope it's at a higher level and that something is done so it can't be traded.

"hay kid i'll give you my shiny Gyarados fer ur shiny legit Arceus"
    "Is it the LoR Gyarados? :/"
    "yes"
    "*disconnects*"

Basically, any shiny Gyarados would lose its value as people would assume it's the effortless Lake of Rage one.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would laugh if you could see the red Gyarados but couldn't catch it.
    And if we can catch it, I certainly hope it's at a higher level and that something is done so it can't be traded.

"hay kid i'll give you my shiny Gyarados fer ur shiny legit Arceus"
    "Is it the LoR Gyarados? :/"
    "yes"
    "*disconnects*"

Basically, any shiny Gyarados would lose its value as people would assume it's the effortless Lake of Rage one.

I'm pretty sure if they add it, it'll be catchable. If it wasn't catchable it would be pointless.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    IT'll be kind of like mockery to see it, but not be able to catch it like they allowed us to before.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Erm, yeah, it's most likely going to be in there, seeing as how this is a remake, which means the majority of stuff that was in it before will be placed right back in, especially something that influences the story such as the Gyarados. :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    It was a nice touch in the originals, so I hope it's there for these versions. Besides, not much of the main story was removed in LG/FR - if anything, just more was added. So, wouldn't it make sense for it to be there?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I don't think it makes sense for it not to be there. It provides a small but crucial element to the story, using a normal gyarados wouldnt work as well + they would need to think of another way to get the exp share.

Years
    I think it will be in it still, i mean if it wasnt included, how would we have been aware of team rockets plans? they'd most likely get rid of the Rockets intervention in Mahogany if they got rid of the red Gyarados which would mean there wouldn't be much team rocket stuff happening in johto.

Years
    Yeah it played a big roll in the story with mahogany town and everything.
    It will be in the game and you will be able to catch it/

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Yeah it played a big roll in the story with mahogany town and everything.
    It will be in the game and you will be able to catch it/

Well we're not 100% sure, but there is a high possibility. Plus it was there before and if it is back again, it'd bring back the nostalgic feel.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    THey need to add in Red Gyarados and I really like the idea of them making the graphics with it a lot more rageous the more I think about it.

Years
    I think it should have its own battle music (slightly different from wild pokemon battles) maybe, and have a small sequence before battling it, like it thrashing about or something.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, Red Gyarados, seeing as it is a special part of the story and a shiny for one, it should deserve a good music effect different from regular encounters.

Back