• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red Gyarados?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I wonder if the shiny Gyarados will still be guarateed to battle/catch at
    the Lake of rage?
    I hope so... It may lose it's "status symbol" occupation, as EVERYONE
    is guarateed to meet it, but I like red Gyarados more than blue ones...

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    Neither can I....
    I would want it to be Adamant natured, (or something else Smogon recommeded...)
    for competitve use....

Kakayo

I loves my Houndoom ^_^
    Years
    I really hope they have the Red Gyarados. It was one of the coolest things to catch in that game >.>

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    heres a question

why wouldnt they have red gyrados in the game? seeing as this is just a direct remake of G/S

Years
    heres a question

why wouldnt they have red gyrados in the game? seeing as this is just a direct remake of G/S

If they put it in, I highly suspect they may remove it's "shiny" status and just give it an alternate forme. It should be like this, since it wasn't even considered shiny to the storyline.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'm sure they'll keep the Red Gyarados there. It was part of the story and they want to keep the nostalgia.

Pavilion!

Pokemon Legacy Online!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    I want a Red Gyarados trade it to my pkmn Pearl then Trade it to my Pokemon Firered and then i would put it on Pokemon Yellow BWAHAHHAHAHAHA

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    It would most likely be in it but i don't reckon the level matters much so they would just put it quite low. It's more of a novelty thing.
    I want a Red Gyarados trade it to my pkmn Pearl then Trade it to my Pokemon Firered and then i would put it on Pokemon Yellow BWAHAHHAHAHAHA
    How would you trade a pokemon from pearl to firered? I thought that was not possible?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The Red Gyarados will have to be put in as it was the major plot of the storyline inolving Team Rocket. It was classified as a shiny, no less of how it was able to be caught, because it was an altered color from the original. Plus, it came out with its sparkling light evertime out of its Pokéball, and GSC was the first games to bring in the idea of getting a Shiny.

Also, if they make Gyarados its regular color, then nothing would be amazingly special about it for Team Rocket as it'll just be any normal Gyarados they can try and steal, and with the beginning scene from Diamond and Pearl including news about it, I doubt GameFreak has forgotten the Red Gyarados and might more than likely implement it in the remake as it was before.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    if nintendo/game freak would take that out of the game, i will never buy another pkmn game after that (ok maybe im exaggerating a little bit, but i wont be happy)

as for its moves, they're going to depend if the movesets get redone (AGAIN) and, what lvl the gyrados will be

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Level could possibly stay the same as before [/30 I believe it was] and as for the moves it, it'll basically be somewhat off the ones like what we get by leveling up in DPPt more than likely. Also, I would doubt GameFreak woulf think of removing something as important as the Red Gyarados to make the game even more empty as far as plotting goes.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    It was Lv30 and there is no logically reason why it won't be in.
    It is important story-wise, but it isn't as cool to me as it was in GSC days. I think this may mainly due to being so easy to catch, and I won't train it since I'd have a perfectly fine Feraligatr.

----------------
    Listening to: Sick YG - Look Pimpin!
    via FoxyTunes

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Any use that I may have for Gyarados would be used in Wi-Fi as it is a preatty good OU team member to use. I won't let a valuable Pokémon like that go to waste on my in-game team really. If they have any kind of battle facilities included, then Red Gyarados might be used for that instead, seeing as I won't have to worry too much about IVs. I don't see it moving anywhere as it has a rightful place to be in the game.

Back