• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Red Version for those who missed out

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2017
    I just want to show some people something so the nastalgia can come in full swing, heck if someone buys it thats cool too but honestly its a good look if you haven't seen it in awhile

I remember before I decided to start doing this as a business when I first got ahold of a Red Version Cartridge after not having the game for more than 10 years then finding out that I knew a lot of people who had dead batteries in theirs (they complained it no longer saves) I started buying all of their games for 5 bucks each and bought batteries in bulk and well now I just do this on the side of my normal job. It's what payed for the 3ds I just bought and Omega Ruby after all. I will say this though, every time I get my hands on another copy I always feel excited the nostalgia feels so nice!

Last edited by a moderator:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Let's keep advertising to signatures, man.

Anyway, does this bring in a lot of business? I have just recently started an eBay account and I noticed that a lot of people collect the old games, fix them up, and resell them. What I'm a bit apprehensive towards is the fact that a lot of them seem to have stockpiles of them. And by stockpiles I mean stockpiles. They must have found a lot or they're fakes. Probably the latter.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2017
    Well, you gotta remember there are a lot of people who don't trust themselves too ive seen them for 30+ lol

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    And by stockpiles I mean stockpiles.
    It's a little off-putting, right?

But I've been interested in this type of thing myself. There's such a desire to have the old games restored; retro-gaming has been a thing for a while (you could almost say retro is retro?). People want to play the originals in their original format and there's some serious money that could be made in restoration.

More power to ya, I say. Nostalgia is a strong force.

Back