• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red vs. Lance

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Lance can be taken down too easily with a good Ice type, especially on the rematch, where all his pokemon are dragon type, instead of three dragonite.
    Red could own Lance with only two of his pokes, especially if they were to battle in a hailstorm

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Lance for me. After the E4 my Pokemon usually get decently up to par with Red. With Lance, his Pokemon are almost always faster, almost always have a resist against at least four of my Pokemon, and always have a way to counter me.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Red definetly is better than Lance >_>
    Lance fears Ice, Red doesn't fear much. And well, Red's pokemon are stronger *points at levels* and they resist better |D
    I love rematching Red each week owo
    Lance...not that much xD

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Red, because of those high-leveled Pokemon. But, I managed to beat him. Lance was easy. Just had my Pokemon use Ice Beam. =]

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Lance is easily taken down with 1 ice type, 1 electric type and 1 rock type (or atleast moves of those types) before the rematch. In the rematch, just an ice type will do fine.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well, I beat him three times now. His Pikachu usually hits my poor Mamoswine with Iron Tail for an OHKO, but I just restart until it misses. Then, I go all out ...
    I really love battles with Red. As for Lance.... he was a real cookie. I beat him on my first try ! ^_^

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    i thought red was alot harder!(lol, that could sound nasty^^)
    lance for me was just like the rest of the e4 - a bit of a challenge but nothing more then that.. i had very good typeing against him tough^^

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Hah! Isn't Red's pokemon aproximately 80 and Lance's aproximately 50?

No contest.

Though, theoretically Lance is supposed to be stronger. His levels are just dumbed down, I guess.

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    Red is definitely harder. I took Lance down with my Typhlosion.... just my Typhlosion (It wasn't even overleveled against him). Red on the other hand... I didn't even expect. When I played Gold, I just went into Mt. Silver just to get myself a Larvitar. I just kept walking through until I a room with a guy standing there.Not knowing who he was, I talked to him. didn't expect much.... until I saw the sprite. When I saw that sprite for the first time against me (instead of it 'being' me) I just remember saying, "...you." That was the closest I had even been to defeat against an in-game trainer.

MasterSceptile

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    For me both was equal.
    I boost my Gyarados' Defense with X Defense and X Sp. DEf.
    After, I use Dragon Dance 6 times. (I use max potion between those)
    After, i sweep them :)
    Red was a little bit harder because of the Hail that do extra damage.

snake1111123

begginer ev trainer
    Years
    i thought red was harder because he killed 5/6 of my TRU arceuses and i was like omg im gonna lose and then i forgot i has a couple of max revives and i won

GreenLanturn

Interior Crocodile Fraligatr
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    i beat red wiht all my poke in the 70s. lance took me a while the first time

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I have to say that Lance was harder. Just because I didn't have any good poke's at the time.

Years
    Red is hard, no matter what Pokémon you have.

It took down my Rayquaza, a Pokémon I've had so long it used to be as fast as mach. But when I fought Red, it was out-sped by his Lapras and Ice Beam'd me.

Red would win.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Red's resting snorlax took me forever to get rid of (had to reset about 20 times), while lance was taken care of quite easily with my Blastoise's avalanche. Soo yeah Red is harder just because he doesnt have a type weakness

Back