• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red.

Zhorm

Unfamous creator of nothing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2013
    I'd expect something like the one below...
    I know it looks bad, but hey, 3 minutes of work >_<

About his team, i think it should stay the same, but with higher lvls. Not something like LV91 Pikachu, I think about 5-6 LVs would be enough. And we should be able to battle him more than once in the game, maybe everytime you OWND E4 10 times? His look should NOT be FRBG, I didn't like that one. The pose he had in GSC was good, they should only re-colour it and - BAM! Better Red ^^

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    Nope, game Red was first. Ash and manga Red and all other variations came after, but the Red in the game was the original.

As for why he has an Espeon, look at it this way: all his members were one-time events in Yellow (well, you could get Snorlax twice, but whatever). Since Electric, Water, and Fire were already covered in his team, it wouldn't make sense to have Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon in his team, and I guess they just chose Espeon over Umbreon.

I figure Red will be in his FRLG incarnation, maybe in the original pose for nostalgia's sake, and his team will be the same, just with higher levels. I think the Platinum rival's team was just a way of saying "hey, see what we're doing here? Yeah, wait until you see what we're doing next." Of course Red is going to once again be the most powerful challenger. Why wouldn't he be?

Well I meant that either Ash or Red from the manga came first after the game. I wasn't sure. Still I figured that the Espeon was paying homage to the manga Red since that came before the anime and they were making his team to be based on pokemon he had in the manga or to pay homage to the anime. Or just a combination of the both. Still I didn't think about how you said it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Does anyone have a picture of Red's GSC sprite?

I just hope that his levels beat Barry's level, like many people.

Years
    Does anyone have a picture of Red's GSC sprite?

I just hope that his levels beat Barry's level, like many people.

Yes, I do. (I also recolored his sprite as well. :)

Red.

(Credit goes to spriters-resource for original.)

I agree. I want his levels to surpass that of Barry's. Barry hasn't earned what Red has earned.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Yes, I do. (I also recolored his sprite as well. :)

Red.

(Credit goes to spriters-resource for original.)

I agree. I want his levels to surpass that of Barry's. Barry hasn't earned what Red has earned.
    Thanks! I accidentally said the wrong thing, I meant his FrLg sprite.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Assuming we encounter him at Mt. Silver again, do you guys think he'll be redesigned again to match the redesigns of the other main characters or retain his design from FRLG and SSBB?
    I think they'll use the FRLG design, maybe something would be slightly different...but what the hell is SSBB again?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I think they'll use the FRLG design, maybe something would be slightly different...but what the hell is SSBB again?

SSBB=Super Smash Bros. Brawl...Red showed up as a playable character there with his FRLG design...

Red.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I, for one, hope that his new design is based 60% on the one from G/S/C, which is also very close to the one from R/B/Y. 15% should be taken from the one in FR/LG.
    For the other 25%, it should be totally new elements. I just hope the new design is great.
    For the one in G/S/C, I just loved the pose and the way it looked

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I really don't care as long as Red looks good. They can make any changes but he should look good.

23usernamebob

GucciBoy347
    Years
    NOOOO NEVER. It must be Charizards, Venusaurs, and Blastoises. Plus the epicness of his Snorlax can NOT be replaced. Plus he is a man from KANTO, not some 4th gen dude that immigrated off the life raft 2 days ago.

But red is based on ash right???
    so why not
    i think its a good idea for him to a torterra after you beat him a few times, to keep the game fresh

Years
    I don't mind what Pokemon they give him as long as Leaf doesn't replace him in Mount Silver. I just would like if his original team was there for the first time I battle him. It can change later on. I don't mind. I just want my first/last battle with him to be like old times sake. (It's like seeing an old friend.)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    But red is based on ash right???
    so why not
    i think its a good idea for him to a torterra after you beat him a few times, to keep the game fresh
    I am sorry but red's not based off Ash. Actually Ash is based off Red. What you said was totally opposite. And I too think that Red should have the same team but with higher levels and good moves(not to forget good AI too! XD).

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    He's gunna be flipped and recolored! Yay! XD I you don't understand what I mean, the Yellow trainer sprite was the same one used GSC, only flipped and recolored to be completely Red. Check it out on Bulbapedia. No link for you. =P

Seriously though, they're probably only going to make it a longer/taller sprite to match up with the rest of the DPPT/HGSS sprites.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    I hope they keep him the same, but perhaps level him up a little. Like with the rival in DPPlt, each time you fight him he levels a little.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    I would like his sprite to be much more similar to his R/B/Y version, it looks much cooler.

And maybe give him a 'custom' Pikachu. It has higher stats than normal Pikachu's (And maybe Raichu's) plus Surf for a true challenge. And don't send it out first.

Back