• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] [Redacted]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm always ecstatic to see digimon fangames as well as pokemon( tbh of the three monster raising games of the past pokemon was the least favorite always loved digimon and monster a lot more but both don't really come out with games often especially my favorite monster rancher). downloading this demo now so I'll tell you how it goes later.

Starting playing the game, it really is adorable and I love all the partner choices it was tough to choose but went with Kobou. Battle system seems okay but haven't figured out the hunger thing yet( is there a way to keep track implemented yet?) The art style is great although it would be nice is lvl had some natural stat growth rather than the allocation of a single point but it works. I do wish we could use a slightly smaller sized screen though but can live with it. Anyway thanks for the great work so far. ( haven't encountered a bug yet)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I'm always ecstatic to see digimon fangames as well as pokemon( tbh of the three monster raising games of the past pokemon was the least favorite always loved digimon and monster a lot more but both don't really come out with games often especially my favorite monster rancher). downloading this demo now so I'll tell you how it goes later.

Starting playing the game, it really is adorable and I love all the partner choices it was tough to choose but went with Kobou. Battle system seems okay but haven't figured out the hunger thing yet( is there a way to keep track implemented yet?) The art style is great although it would be nice is lvl had some natural stat growth rather than the allocation of a single point but it works. I do wish we could use a slightly smaller sized screen though but can live with it. Anyway thanks for the great work so far. ( haven't encountered a bug yet)

Thanks for playing and trying it out! Hunger goes up slowly over time and when it reaches a threshold, a meat emote appears above FLOATY, as well as in Tama menu. As for feeding, each Tama has one of three Diets (Herbivore, Omnivore, Metalvore), and you have to feed it appropriate foods. Mushrooms are a base nutrient though, so you can always feed Mushrooms to everyone. I have to revise the hunger system a bit still, because hunger tends to go up too fast, and the Diet system will be explained ingame in a later version.

I'm also planning on having some system like pokemon amie, where you have a screen specifically for feeding/patting, but I have yet to work out the details.

Also, regarding screen sizes - you should be able to set screen size to any resolution supported by your monitor. Perhaps you wanted to go even lower than that and couldn't, in which case I can add some small resolutions to the list as well.

This looks amazing, as someone who likes both Digimon and Pokemon I'm really excited to play the Demo

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I've just gone through the demo and it's honestly fantastic. I love the look of the characters, the Tama and the environment. The battle system seems to like the strategy of all out attacking(just building STR and SPD) a bit too much but the simple look of the battles and how fast you are in and out of them while grinding is sooooooo nice. I'm also amazed I only ran into 1 small bug in such an early demo (Being able to walk off the top of the dock) The only thing I can even complain about was the trial and error to figure out you have to load in and out of the area at the right time to spawn the Honey thief and the Memory Lake NPC as well as the time specific Tama.

The game is so good that I wrote this 2 hours ago after finishing the demo and hadn't clicked post yet because I was still playing and having fun evolving Tama and trying to figure out how breeding and rebirth works (still fuzzy about it) I am so excited to see more of this in the future.

Thank you <3 I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll take a look at the spawn mechanisms and see if I can improve it in a future version.
    And I'm glad you liked the fast battles - it was one of the visions I had for the game, I wanted to have a simple and fast turn-based combat so I'm glad that worked out!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hello everyone. I'm happy to announce that the July v0.1.1 beta bulid is available for download now. If you notice any bugs or oddities in this new version, please let me know. Any feedback is also very much appreciated!

Changelog:
    [X] New locations: Protocol Tunnel, Kernel Dump (B-Side) Protocol Forest (demo), Peripheral Path
    [X] New recruits: Widget + Forest, Tami, Armadyl
    [X] New monsters: Zapee (elec, mouse), Culiee (native, mosquito), Kylfou (wind, bat)
    [X] New mechanics: Shovel, CP, Armor, Piercing techs, Item Bank, Tama Daycare

Screenshots:
    c5PZoIC.png

Last edited:

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • This looks so good!
    Where are you planning to release this game when finished? On itch.io I figure but any other platforms in consideration also?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I love monster tamer games I've play tons of them but this game looks so damn amazing and beautiful I love the look of the gameplay I can't wait for the full game

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    This looks so good!
    Where are you planning to release this game when finished? On itch.io I figure but any other platforms in consideration also?

Thank you! <3
    Primary platform will be Steam, and then itch.io I think. itch.io is nice at the moment because it doesn't have many requirements for upload of (free) games.

I love monster tamer games I've play tons of them but this game looks so damn amazing and beautiful I love the look of the gameplay I can't wait for the full game

Thank you! I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Also, since I'm here, I'll update the thread with latest news and screenshots.

I've been working on redesigns of almost all old areas, and implementing some useful new mechanics like quests.
    The new redesigns can be seen in the screenshots below (there are also 3 new Tama featured there!). This will all
    be available to download by the end of December.

Last edited:

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Amazing, I will keep up with the project so I can wishlist on Steam when possible! :))
    I wish you the best for the rest of development!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Amazing, I will keep up with the project so I can wishlist on Steam when possible! :))
    I wish you the best for the rest of development!

The new demo contains:
    * 30 Tameable creatures (out of 120 planned)
    * Over 90 techs that they can learn
    * Fast battling system
    * Card battle minigame
    * Breeding/Reiniting monsters for greater stats
    * Semi-open world
    * 5 Unique overworld areas
    * 8 Recruitable characters
    * ~2h of gameplay time to beat all of the demo quests

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2022
    Hello! I'm absolutely LOVING this game! I've been a fan of Digimon and Pokemon since I was really young, and this game has definitely ignited some fond memories. The game is complex and challenging, which comes with it's own pros and cons, but I adore a game that makes my mind work with strategy/figuring out how things go. The artistic style is beautiful as well! My only complaint thus far is the hunger system. It depletes really fast, and I'm struggling to keep feeding my party while I explore the demo. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to a full release!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Hello! I'm absolutely LOVING this game! I've been a fan of Digimon and Pokemon since I was really young, and this game has definitely ignited some fond memories. The game is complex and challenging, which comes with it's own pros and cons, but I adore a game that makes my mind work with strategy/figuring out how things go. The artistic style is beautiful as well! My only complaint thus far is the hunger system. It depletes really fast, and I'm struggling to keep feeding my party while I explore the demo. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to a full release!

Hey! I'm glad to hear that <3
    And thanks for the feedback. I'll look into improving the hunger system (first idea that comes to mind, besides just reducing hunger increase, is to add an option to select a default food for a Tama - an item in your inventory that it will consume automatically when hungry.)

Back