• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Red's Adventure: A Manga Remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese rox!

And in came cheese
Years
  • This hack sounds awesome. I can't wait to play it, so I'm stalking this thread from now on. :P

Anyway, I'm up to the Gold/Silver arc in the manga right now, and Red's adventure was epic. How are you going to do Red's battle with Dragonite for Surf though?

Funfat.

Working on scripts that fail
    Years
  • first post said:
    -Color/Coding
    Red's text is in red, Blue's is in blue, etc.
    light blue? dark blue?
    will characters not named after colors have them?

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I'm back for the most part, I'm looking into some ASM in order to accomplish what I want to accomplish (right now I'm trying to continue the script after you lose to Mew)

----------------

I don't like the mapping that much but it's alright. :3

A remake, huh? Great to know! Hoping to see more about this.

Thanks, but what excatly don't you like about the mapping?

Awsome a manga hack I just finished da 1st generation manga!!
    I'm making a Kanto rom hack too (not going very well since its my first hack)
    Would you play as Green/blue (da girl) instead of Leaf?

thats a very good question what happens if the player is a girl wont you make a NEW sprite that is not based on leaf??

That's cool :)

I'm making Green a recurring character, so you probably will not be allowed to be female, or you'll be like a female-ized Red XD

where's the download?!?!?!

For Pokemon red's adveture!!!

There probably won't be a download for a while, probably not until the after the first gym, and that will be tough to do (with Brock's tournament and such)

Smells good!
    I never read the manga, so this will be a real treat for me. :)

Thanks man, your support means a lot :) You'll enjoy the storyline, its good and different from other mediums of Pokemon...

Finally! The hack I've been looking all over for!

I simply love the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga...and I was hoping there would be someone in the vast world that is the Interwebz that is making a hack based off of it. Can't wait till this is finished! :)

Yeah, there are a few more, but none of them really have accomplished all that I want to accomplish in this.

This looks really good, and from what I can see, the first of its kind. Don't give up on it, this looks like it has the makings of a very awesome hack.

I'm definitely not giving up on this, even if I do take it slow, I want to get every detail perfect!

Wow! I loved this Manga! I can't wait to see how you make Zapmolcuno!

Haha that will be fun :) A new fakemon, and a giant OW :P

This hack sounds awesome. I can't wait to play it, so I'm stalking this thread from now on. :P

Anyway, I'm up to the Gold/Silver arc in the manga right now, and Red's adventure was epic. How are you going to do Red's battle with Dragonite for Surf though?

I'll figure that out when I get there. That will be one of the tougher events to add, but I'll make it work.

light blue? dark blue?
    will characters not named after colors have them?

Yeah, some other characters will have different colors, such as Team Rocket who has grey (or at least the grunts are)...

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    I thought about making this hack o-o I got the idea so I searched it and here it is xD But I am completely noob so I thought about learning 8-) good luck ^^ (maybe ill make my own Pokémon Adventures hack o.O)

Alamos

Team Plasma Leader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2010
    Hack looks great, cant wait to play it.

I see the graphics havnt changed but still great game (hope you improve the visual quality of the game :) )

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm not much into hacks, but if this ever goes through, I would love to play it. <3 /red fangirl to the extreme, aye.

One thing though; will we be able to name blue/green? Because I personally - and I know others will as well - would rather have the male be called Green. If not though, it's fine~ I'll just do what I do with the english mangas and read Blue as Green and vice-versa

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • why are you all waiting for a completed hack not to be offensive to you Samike but the tie this hack is "completed" you may have forgotten about it or left PC so instead of
    just posting "Cant wait for full release for me to play" post some constructive criticism and when a demo is out try it and again post some constructive criticism because if you don't play the demos, alpha or betas how does Samike know how to improve?

Again Samike I mean absolutely no offence to you

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • *raises hand*
    Umm.... I THINK I can do the titlescreen for your hack. I'm pretty sure others can do better, but I'd like to give it a shot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2011
    whats the update on this game? is it still being made or has it been stopped completly hope not. The game sounds really good so heres hoping you continue it.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • From what I see, the scripts look nice and nearly perfect. Don't give up on this! (Especially since I spent 30 minutes for that titlescreen!)

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Just finish rereading red story ard are you going to have poliwhil evolve into poliwrath without a water stone.

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
    Years
  • whats been going on with this hack lately? I like the way this hack sounds it would be quite interesting to play through the manga though I've never read it before.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
    Years
  • I loved Red's arc of the manga. This looks amazing, though I can see a fair few giant problems for you in making this, most of which have already been touched upon - forcing Poli's evolution when he falls off the ship, the torture sequence, that sort of thing. But there's almost always a way around them... Keep going, because this looks awesome!

CharizardManiac

First Gen Ultimate Trainer
    Years
  • I'm 100% on board with this hack, being a fan of the manga really makes it twice as exciting to play this game. One question though, if you successfully complete this Pokemon hack do you see the possibility of making a hack for the fifth storyline (FireRed/LeafGreen) where Team Rocket attempt to capture Deoxys?
    Still this looks like a promising hack and I'm definitely going to be following this thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back