• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Red's teamWho was surprised on their 1st battle against red?

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Reds team came as a complete surprise to me, I had cought lugia while all of my pokemon were still in their 50s and sped through the last gym, so I thought red wouldnt be a problem, so I get to the top of mt silver and red throws out a lv 88 pikachu and sweeps my team, I didnt even land a hit besides the hail!!!

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    hahaha!! i remember thaat.. yeh, when i first saw that pikachu i kinda jumped but i thought, naah its just a pikachu not to worry. Then it one hit kos me with his volt tackle.
    I still havnt gotten around to beating him. I could easily do it with my level 99 torterra but i want to use my awesome silver team to beat him but the average level of them is like level 45 coz 4 of them i caught at low levels after i beat all the gymleaders.
    But soon i shall.... XD

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
    I was completely suprised, I thought his pokemon were in the 70s, not the freakin' 80's

so like I lost twice to him :/

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    most likely I'll train to around those levels and have my Nidoking and Queen handy and Poison most of his team. But yeah we'll see how that plays out when I get up that far... currently still on 30-34 on my team. and just got past fourth gym.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    lol light ball pikachu is epic
    and mixed snorlax is pretty lols too

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, Red's high level Pokemon freaked me out. Compared to all the other trainers beforehand, it was a whole different level. Even so, I can make it all the way to his last Pokemon before I lose. ^^ ((Note, I do have to use plenty of revives and full restores to do so))

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I haven't battled Red yet, but I already know his Pokemon, and I already have the unevolved team I'm going to wipe him out with.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    not surprised 1 bit i went in with lv100 venusaur lv100 charizard lv76 feraligatr lv60 umbreon lv 65 gardevoir lv71 dragonite

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    Well that kinda is the reason why Red is considered the most powerful trainer is it not? XD Though I wasn't surprised, though when I faced Red a couple times, some dumb hax and misses really screwed me over. Though I did beat him eventually and used an Amulet Coin to get a ton of money. :D

NotoriouzElmo

Armed and Dangerious :)
    Years
    oh my god , im battling red and im up two his third poke which is charizard and all of my pokez are only in the 60s, highest on 64 , im about to beat his charizard , max revives are like God in these situations

Years
    Haha, I am not at red yet, But my friend just told me that she was speeding through all the Kanto gyms and then she gets to red and sees the level of his Pokemon and was quite shocked. I guess it will take a while to beat this game :S

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Woot Serebii! I've played through, ligitly ish so far. Beat the Elite Four, and the 9th gym. Then I saw how bad I almost got ownd so I imported in my lower lv. pokemon from platnum. On Red, I'm briging in the 100's

NotoriouzElmo

Armed and Dangerious :)
    Years
    I BEAT HIM WITH LVL 60-64 pokes !!! moves like Earthquake, Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, Blast Burn, and Close combat really helped if this helps any1

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
    Years
    I've given up on fighting Red for a little bit, gonna chillax and train for a while. (It won't be too long before I win the battle, just need a little training!!)

Though, I really wish I had my Infernape pal from Platinum... and Blaziken from Emerald.... and Venusaur from Leaf Green.... ((Yeah, my Kanto starter was the only non-fire type I got, lol))

EDIT: I already imported them to Platinum and have no way of getting them here now... -_-

Last edited:
    Back