• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Redundancy

Euphoric

Indefatigable
Years
  • Everyone knows about Our Lord and Savior Air Balloon Rotom-S. Which brings me to my first question. Why isn't Rotom-Frost called, say, Rotom-Refridge? Why can't Rotom-Fan get the F it deserves? WHY, GAME FREAK? Anyways, the exploits of this particular Rotom-F have been well-documented across the internet. Simply searching it quickly (in 0.28 seconds, according to Google), brings up thousands of results, of players who have innocently entered a Random Battle on Pokemon Showdown, and noticed that their Rotom-S has an Air Balloon, instead of something even remotely useful like an Oran Berry. Smogon, you're such a bunch of trolls. There's one benefit to Air Balloon, however. Even though you have Levitate, you get to stick it in Ground-type's faces that you're literally so immune to their attacks, you have a 4x immunity to them. Even Shedinja can't touch that. Smogon, I withdraw my earlier opinion about you. It was hastily conceived and is entirely untrue. Please teach me your ways.

Redundancy

Rotom-Fan @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Pain Split
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp

The man...er...flying fan thing him(her? it?)self. Rotom-S makes Ground-types shiver in fear, at least until they hit him with Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Rock Blast/Rock Throw/Rock Wrecker/etc. He insures that even after you're hit with an attack, you're STILL immune to those pesky earthquakes. This particular Rotom-S is EV'd to insure that a Zapdos with 68 Special Attack EVs only has an 0.1% chance to 3hko with Thunderbolt. That's literally shrugging off Specs Rain Water Spouts from Kyogre, am I right? Air Slash manages to utterly destroy any Parasect you meet, except for that one time you miss with that 95% accuracy. If you're lucky, you might even flinch something. That's only if you pray to the Hax Goddess every day, attend church every Sunday, and shed all your worldly possessions, searching for that one flinch chance. What? If you give up your computer, you won't be able to actually use the flinch chance? Don't ask stupid questions.

Redundancy

Absol-Mega
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Taunt
    - Knock Off
    - Fire Blast
    - Superpower

Say you're strolling along, Air Balloon Rotom-S out, when an apple falls from a tree and conks you right on the head. So inconvenient. Silly puns aside, the move Gravity is virtually the only way to make you lose your Ground immunity. In one fell swoop, it makes both Levitate and your Air Balloon worthless. You could argue that you could use an attack to break the Balloon and then use a move like Gastro Acid, Skill Swap, or Worry Seed, to get rid of Levitate, but then I'd argue by that time, Rotom-S would have already pulverized your team. I rest my case. Mega Absol is the only Pokemon, besides yet unreleased Mega Sableye (who likes sableye anyway? they're ugly). You can't Bounce while you're un-Mega Evolved, but once you are, no Gravities are going by you. You can bounce them back and then Taunt them so they can never do it ever again. Well, not until Taunt wears off. With Mega Absol on your team, Rotom-S is never going to have to fear Gravity. And neither will you.

Redundancy

Ninjask (M) @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Protect
    - Agility
    - X-Scissor
    - Night Slash

Gotta go fast, gotta go fast. Gotta go faster, faster, faster, faster, Sonic X! Wait a second, wrong show. Sonic and Ninjask here do share some similarities, though. One, they're fast. Two, they're both based off of animals. Three, ummm...yeah, I'll leave it at that. Ninjask here has two jobs: to be fast, and to be fast as fast as possible. Ninjask already has a base speed of 160; only Deoxys-S is faster than it. And, to be fair, Deoxys does cheat. Able to shift betwen the fastest, most offensive, and ... almost the most defensive pokemon with a simple examination of a boulder? smh. Still, though after one Speed Boost, Ninjask outspeeds basically everything ever known, except light. And even that's a close call. It's not after an Agility. After an Agility, Ninjask outspeeds the universe as we know it. Ninjask is so fast, it can travel back in time. Don't ask me how that works, though, ask Planck or Einstein or one of them.

Redundancy

Gallade (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 SpA
    Mild Nature
    - Swift
    - Aerial Ace
    - Shock Wave
    - Magical Leaf

Let's be fair, there are Pokemon that spam Double Team/Minimize/*insert annoying evasion/accuracy related move here* in every single Pokemon game ever released. If you haven't encountered them, that doesn't mean they're not there, because they are. Their evasion is that high, or your accuracy is that low. There's probably one behind you as we speak. But never fear, here comes Gallade to make sure they never trouble you again. Aerial Ace, Swift, Magical Leaf, and Shock Wave all have perfect accuracy. Not that 100% that most other moves have, these will never miss, period. Who needs other moves like Swords Dance and Close Combat when yours never miss? Eat your heart out, Focus Blast. Swift, in addition, hits both enemies in Double Battles! How amazing is that? You know you need this, and you need this now. Because it might already be too late.

Redundancy

Forretress @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Everyone knows Forretress likes his entry hazards. Yes, I know, Rapid Spin isn't an entry hazard, but no one Pokemon learns Spikes, Toxic Spikes, SR, and Sticky Web, so this is the best I could do. Even so, Rapid Spin is the next best thing, it's practically an entry hazard itself. Wherever you find them, you'll find Rapid Spin, am I right? This Forretress will stay in for billions upon billions of years, slowly setting up stealth rock, THEN spikes, and THEN toxic spikes. And then your opponent's going to waste all your effort with his Starmie or Excadrill or Zapdos or something. But if you think the redundancy ends there, you're mistaken! Forretress's ability, Sturdy, allows him to survive one attack, while at full health, that would KO him, with 1 HP remaining. Guess what the Focus Sash does? 8)

Redundancy

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Ominous Wind
    - Ancient Power
    - Silver Wind
    - Soft-Boiled

You have not known true majesty until you have known this specific Togekiss. I'm going to cut to the chase here - Ominous Wind, Ancient Power, and Silver Wind each have a 10% chance of raising all of Togekiss's stats by one stage. However, they only have 5 PP each (8 in Showdown). So, you can't try forever for thsoe juicy stat increases. That's why you have 3 of them :D. Basically you send this thing out and spam those until you are UNTOUCHABLE WITH STAT INCREASES. Soft-Boiled is there for recovery, as unfortunately there is not a fourth move like these that Togekiss can learn. But that's not all. I said all these moves have a 10% chance of raising all stats? Never mind that. With Serene Grace, Togekiss's ability, the chance is doubled - to 20%. I can practically see your expressions of glee right now.

Rotom-S is finally ready to break out of Randbats and into the spotlight of competitive Pokemon, OU. And I doubt anyone's going to see him coming. Least of all those ****in ground types.

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Omg this was so amusing to read XD

I honestly can't wait to see how this team fares.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • I'm not looking to actually use it haha, there's a reason I didn't tag it under "Team Help". I'm glad you liked it though, it achieved its purpose.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Team still lacks a bit of firepower. Try Flame Orb Shedinja w/ Trick. It has a whopping attack stat of 90!! which is similar to Darkrai (and Darkrai is Uber so Shedinja should be pretty OP). Not only that, but you can use Harden to **** around your opponents thinking that they could fight you. And for those Pokemon who cannot be burned by tricking them a flame orb, you can just use toxic on them!! Truly, Shedinja is a wonderful choice for your team. Best of luck!!

Redundancy

Shedinja @Flame Orb
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    EVs: who needs EVs
    Bashful nature
    - Trick
    - Scratch
    - Harden
    - Toxic

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • Team still lacks a bit of firepower. Try Flame Orb Shedinja w/ Trick. It has a whopping attack stat of 90!! which is similar to Darkrai (and Darkrai is Uber so Shedinja should be pretty OP). Not only that, but you can use Harden to **** around your opponents thinking that they could fight you. And for those Pokemon who cannot be burned by tricking them a flame orb, you can just use toxic on them!! Truly, Shedinja is a wonderful choice for your team. Best of luck!!

Redundancy

Shedinja @Flame Orb
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    EVs: who needs EVs
    Bashful nature
    - Trick
    - Scratch
    - Harden
    - Toxic
    Trick? Bah, we must experience the Flame Orb ourselves like men. I think Final Gambit is a good choice for Shedinja, don't you?

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    Loved this.
    What do you think about my scizor?

Scizor @Silk Scarf
    -Sword Dance
    -Agility
    -Iron Defense
    -False Swipe

It could almost destroy a team by itself. Almost.

Back