• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Region Map

Years
    Region Map

This is (the first draft of) a map for a region based very [very] loosely on California's Central Coast between San Luis Obispo and Ventura

I know the trees are a little wack. But, besides that, how spectacular is this? Criticism, compliments, awards, and love letters are encouraged

Map made with xdanx's Pokemap tool

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    Not to be rude and pick on things but:

The Routes are very long. Like, almost ungodly long, and there's only 4 towns (presuming red is towns like in HGSS, and green is point of interest, again like HGSS).
    Having routes that long, and so few towns, in game is going to make the game very bland, and perhaps not as fun to explore.
    If you're using central coast california as a base for your region, how about zooming out and using all of california as a region.
    Shorten them routes, add more towns to visit, and it'd look super dope!

Years
    Not to be rude and pick on things but:

The Routes are very long. Like, almost ungodly long, and there's only 4 towns (presuming red is towns like in HGSS, and green is point of interest, again like HGSS).
    Having routes that long, and so few towns, in game is going to make the game very bland, and perhaps not as fun to explore.
    If you're using central coast california as a base for your region, how about zooming out and using all of california as a region.
    Shorten them routes, add more towns to visit, and it'd look super dope!

Region Map

In the words of a well-known and often-quoted modern philosopher, "how bout dat?"

Last edited:

Zephdo

Pokemon Honor and Glory Co-Director
    Years
    looks nice and fresh! clean layout on the land area. Could use some trees but nice distribution of mountains unique shape on the routes. Overall nice effort!~ Keep up the good work!

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    Region Map

In the words of a well-known and often-quoted modern philosopher, "how bout dat?"

A somewhat improvement.
    The routes aren't as long, but still look fairly long, and there's still few towns.

But also, try to round out the land shape?
    You've literally just copy and pasted it all into a blocky square shape.
    Try to form rounder shapers, and make it actually look like a landmass.

Back